BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage

LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:27 pm

just a formal question:
should we leave this thread to your chosen quotes of wisdom and move the questions and possible discussions to another one?

as to seneca: if i cannot access situation and realm he must have known and wanted to share, there's no good reason for me to simply parrot such a sentence in dangerous transferral to today's precarious overall situation.

Arrow
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:48 pm

I would wish to keep the discussion here. You must know I have been absent for some time and have not been on regularly. I am trying my hand at creative projects. I have also been site hopping, but I would like a discussion here. I honestly do not know the frequency when I return to this site or not. I am at a crossroads. In my life as it so appears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:12 pm

lightsun wrote:
Good question. I strongly believe we should all prepare for the eventuality of death and have papers in order. Living wills and so on.

As for whom we could trust, first the laws must or should or can change to reflect the right's of the individual. I think it perhaps an eventuality. Second once this round is fought first and finally won, them to trust an organization which has a proven track record, hopefully surrounded by those we have loved. They perhaps can see to it that things are properly done.

to be quite honest and fully aware of such orderliness advocated everywhere, i feel i must be crazy to have life and death under total legalistic control now! reason or no reason.

i should rather find a guru help me practice to get my heart to a standstill - which is possible; i've seen it on tv. and i once met someone who told me that such experiments were done at mit in the late 80's.

besides, you think in the eventuality of a major "natural" disaster striking or - beware - a nuclear "accident", any of such preparative measures could have the desired effects?

call me an idiot for venting such thoughts!

flower
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quote   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:50 pm

I sincerely am glad you shared that information. I would want more bodily control as well. I was quite not aware of a guru totally stopping a heart. This is quite interesting. As well as a preferable way. However imagine a deep illness.

Would one still have the capacity and training to function and make a decision to end their lives via stopping one's own heart? That is why it is necessary for ordinary folks to have the legal documents in place. I am trying to meditate and grow more proficient at it.

I have even thought about joining a spiritual commune to further learn these techniques. Thank you for sharing lavender.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quote   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:06 pm

"We pursue one ideal, that of bringing people together in peace, irrespective of race, religion and political convictions, for the benefit of mankind." Juan Antonio Samaranch
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:09 pm

"We cannot defend freedom from abroad by deserting it at home." Edward R. Murrow
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:14 pm

lightsun wrote:
I sincerely am glad you shared that information. I would want more bodily control as well. I was quite not aware of a guru totally stopping a heart. This is quite interesting. As well as a preferable way. However imagine a deep illness.

Would one still have the capacity and training to function and make a decision to end their lives via stopping one's own heart? That is why it is necessary for ordinary folks to have the legal documents in place. I am trying to meditate and grow more proficient at it.
Attending to the legalism is not just to ensure we can do what we want. Often it is necessary to prevent others from doing to us what we do not want.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:17 pm

"The world we see that seems so insane is the result of a belief system that is not working. To perceive the world differently, we must be willing to change our belief system, let the past slip away, expand our sense of now, and dissolve the fear in our minds." William James
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:26 pm

lightsun wrote:

I have even thought about joining a spiritual commune to further learn these techniques. Thank you for sharing lavender.

lightsun, i would not have shared these thoughts had i not for a long time pondered the question you follow them up with now: it's a crude logical sequence on a crude downward thought spiral.

joining a spiritual commune .... such communities existed, and you of all people should know about them.
i shall not go into further detail, since this is for the ones who simply know.

i'm not into voodoo btw., as it is commonly known; i simply have figured it out a long time ago.
and then, there are things really existing that cannot be "rationally" explained unless they are experienced.
not to learn any other way, not for marketing.

besides, in times of such communities well functioning, there was hardly a need for "legal documents in place"..... sunny

and: mr. samaranch should not be quoted to anyone's delight here, imho. elephant
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:31 pm

Excellent point, those at death's door are often at the mercy of the caregivers who are overworked, burnt out. I personally witnessed the effects of death on the dying person and of the loved one's surrounding the dying person. There must be safe guards. So I agree with your statement. Perhaps I shall come back to this topic and re-address it. I just don't think it always necessary or humane to keep a oerson alive in perpetual pain, with nothing to look forward to. Ultimately I believe it is the right of the individual when clear headed to make these choices.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: quotes   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:42 pm

I give thanks to the responses of yourself as well as Romana. It is nice to pay a visit back here. I shall ponder what you have said as well as take into account Romana's input. And as I said maybe we shall pursue this subject. I gave (10) quotations. Which I want to flesh out. Now I have to go out and into the real reality and take care of some errands. Good night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom   LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LightSun's chosen quotes of wisdom
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6