BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Buddhism 101

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:47 pm

lightsun wrote:
Romana wrote, "I have always been partial to dragons amd snakes..." I find this interesting. It is not a norm. We usually put down what we fear. There are exceptions and it is based on culture. I have heard that the Chinese dragon is honored. I also believe in Hinduism there is a temple dedicated to rats. We tend to vilify that which we do not understand.
I have never claimed to be normal. I also will not automatically feel fear for something simply because others tell me I should. They at least should be able to provide good reasons for why the object of the fear is harmful or dangerous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:55 pm

lightsun wrote:
Within the Essence of Mind all things are intrinsically pure, like the azure of the sky and the radiance of the sun and moon which, when obscured by passing clouds, may appear as of their brightness had been dimmed ; but as soon as the clouds are blown away, brightness reappears and all objects are fully illuminated.

Learned audience, our evil habits may be likened unto the clouds ; while Sagicitity and Wisdom are like the sun and the ion respectfully. When we attach ourselves to outer objects, our Essence of Mind OS clouded by wanton thoughts which prevent our
Sagacity and Wisdom from sending forth their light.
Buddhism, Sutra of Hui Neng 6

lightsun!

1) can teacher lightsun confirm the above wisdom by complementary words of his own coming from similar experiences?

2) i love clouds!!

and: cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:25 pm

A bit of a practical need from with in you LO....oh I love more already....a little snipet here and a little snipet there and I promise to work harder on my creative side so as to give you a little snipet here and a little snipet there....I do love friendship...many parts to a whole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a lovely flower

I love you
Birds
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:44 pm

To Prettybirds, Romana, lavender orchid & missing friends Mayflow and dearlg1, this is a response to some of your queries, and concepts. First : Romana wrote, (1). "I have never claimed to be normal." I do not consider myself normal. In fact I am coming to the conclusion that there is no such thing as normal per se. It is embracing oneself and being true to oneself. Romana wrote, (2). "...also will not automatically feel fear for something simply because others..." I find this enlightening. I personally am scared of jellyfish. I also fear sharks when swimming in the ocean.
I much prefer to swim with numerous other people rather than alone in a lone, hostile and foreboding ocean with creatures undefined swimming under and around me.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 pm

lavender orchid this is in reply to you. Thank you asking such kind questions, thus helping both of us dig deeper to the truth.
"...Essence of Mind all things are intrinsically pure..." I believe that we are all interconnected. I also believe a deeper truth resides in each of us. It resides in our DNA and ties us to the universe and also the universal consciousness or God. Different people use different terms. If we can only tap in to this force. Are minds must be clear of such ego distractions. We must be able to listen to this universal wisdom and once doing it love flows into us.

"...but as soon as the clouds are blown away, brightness appears and all objects are fully illuminated."
Once we learn cognitive discipline as well as emotion intelligence and also communication skills we can more attune ourselves to others of the universe. i.e. Other people of the puzzle that give us life lessons. Based on how we react. So we succumb to their level. Or take a high road of wisdom, love, and compassion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:27 pm

lightsun wrote:
lavender orchid this is in reply to you. Thank you asking such kind questions, thus helping both of us dig deeper to the truth.
"...Essence of Mind all things are intrinsically pure..." I believe that we are all interconnected. I also believe a deeper truth resides in each of us. It resides in our DNA and ties us to the universe and also the universal consciousness or God. Different people use different terms. If we can only tap in to this force. Are minds must be clear of such ego distractions. We must be able to listen to this universal wisdom and once doing it love flows into us.

"...but as soon as the clouds are blown away, brightness appears and all objects are fully illuminated."
Once we learn cognitive discipline as well as emotion intelligence and also communication skills we can more attune ourselves to others of the universe. i.e. Other people of the puzzle that give us life lessons. Based on how we react. So we succumb to their level. Or take a high road of wisdom, love, and compassion.

\!!
lightsun:

your current work is not only understandable but "lovable" for its dynamics: never too perfect, but that in inimitable perfection. just wait a sec, i'll find a song for you, for us, for a whale of time in the ocean...
cheers sunny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laDBokx-K0I&feature=rec-r2-2r-2-HM
No
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-tNQ7JXYh4&feature=rec-r2-2f-1-HM
elephant
Buddhism 101 - Page 4 104798651aYySSr_fs
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Many thanks. I love you lavender orchid. I am INFP and as such am far more expressive with my emotions. I love you as a friend. I so truly love you for what you have shared. I have stated to a friend the concept of both soul mate as well as the soul group members. I consider you part of my individual soul group. That is you have things to share. I am appreciative. LightSun Peaceweaver sunny sunny I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:51 pm

yeah, the beep just worked again.

much questing and many a question open, however, within the vast space this group inhabits.

elephant
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:44 pm

"Subhuti, what so think? Does a holy one say within himself, 'I have obtained Perfective Enlightenment?'" Subhuti replied, no
World-honored One...If a holy one of Perfective Enlightenment said to himself, 'Such as I.' He would necessarily partake of the idea of an ego-identity, a personality, a being, or a separated individuality."
Buddhism. Diamond Sutra 9 .

I do not know if one can entirely let go of their ego. I can for a while sort of get into another's phenomonological universe. I quiet my own thoughts I learn to let go. Ultimately I listen, really listen and enter their universe, as much as I am able. One must learn to not make projections. Instead one must question and verify the other's subjective universe. It takes learning. There are some who this comes more natural to. I am INFP, it well might be my gift.
LightSun sunny
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Budhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:10 pm

Both learning and the practice of the Teaching are lost to him who is given to sexual intercourse. He employs himself wrongly. That is what is ignoble in him.
Buddhism. Sutta Nipatata 815

We can not resist our biological impulses. We do so at our own peril. We must be honest that there is an external world as well as a internal & spiritual nature. I call it humbly "balance.".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:31 pm

lightsun wrote:
Both learning and the practice of the Teaching are lost to him who is given to sexual intercourse. He employs himself wrongly. That is what is ignoble in him.
Buddhism. Sutta Nipatata 815

We can not resist our biological impulses. We do so at our own peril. We must be honest that there is an external world as well as a internal & spiritual nature. I call it humbly "balance.".
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:25 am

All tremble at the rod. All fear death. Comparing others with oneself, one should neither strike nor cause to strike.

All tremble at the rod. Life is dear to all. Comparing others with oneself, one should neither strike nor cause to strike.

Whoever, seeking his own happiness, harms with the rod other pleasure-loving beings, experiences no happiness hereafter.

Whoever, seeking his own happiness, harms not with the rod other pleasure -loving beings, experiences happiness hereafter.
Buddhism. Dhammapada 129-32

To me this ties in with my non negative energy philosophy. To do no harm, because we are interrelated. If I harm you then I harm myself. As Confucius said, "Heaven will take care of itself." But if we live the good conscientious life now, them we reap the personal benefits now as well as spread goodness in the world and be as well a good role model.
A role model for change. For a new society.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:22 am

Victory breeds hatred, for the defeated live in pain. Happily live the peaceful, giving up victory and defeat.
Buddhism. Dhammapada 201

For this it is to me easier said than done. Now we live in a competitive world. Supposedly it is the survival of the fittest. Witness what happened after WWI and the German people. They resented and chafed under the harsh conditions imposed by the allies after WWI. Has anyone seen the movie A Beautiful Mind. Well the main real life character in the movie won the Nobel Prize. Part of his premise is also in Stephen Covey's book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, and that is a win-win scenario built on mutual accommodation, respect, and most importantly working as a team and working in a cooperative mood. This establishes an espirit de core vs resentment, & competition.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:47 am

A liar lies to himself as well as to the gods. Lying is the origin off all evils ; it leads to rebirth in the miserable planes of existence , to breach of the pure precepts, and to corruption of the body.
Buddhism. Maharatnakita Sutra, 27 ; Bodhisattva Surara's Discourse

To me it is to be honest to one's spirit as well as destiny. To be true to thyself. To find one's inner core value. To have an open mind. Do not lie to yourself.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:58 am

lightsun wrote:
Victory breeds hatred, for the defeated live in pain. Happily live the peaceful, giving up victory and defeat.
Buddhism. Dhammapada 201

For this it is to me easier said than done. Now we live in a competitive world. Supposedly it is the survival of the fittest. Witness what happened after WWI and the German people. They resented and chafed under the harsh conditions imposed by the allies after WWI.
Witness what happened after WWII, when the victors devoted considerable resources to rebuilding the vanquished. There was some ulterior motive in opposing the expansion of communism, but I suspect at least some learning from the lessons of WWI. It would have been in no one's best interests to fight yet another world war against Germany, et. al.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:00 am

Beings who imagine faults in the faultless and perceive no wrong in what is wrong, embrace false views and go to a woeful state.
Buddhism. Dhammapada 316-18
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:10 am

Good morning Romana. I am pulling an all nighter. I may require oh about 2 hours sleep. Allow me to compose my weary eyes to assimilate what you have written. I basically agree. But perhaps if I get a second wind I shall reply more appropriately. I am going to pm you and tell you what I have been up to. LightSun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:21 am

lightsun wrote:
A liar lies to himself as well as to the gods. Lying is the origin off all evils ; it leads to rebirth in the miserable planes of existence , to breach of the pure precepts, and to corruption of the body.
Buddhism. Maharatnakita Sutra, 27 ; Bodhisattva Surara's Discourse

To me it is to be honest to one's spirit as well as destiny. To be true to thyself. To find one's inner core value. To have an open mind. Do not lie to yourself.

it may not be dishonest or less honorable to question "destiny" at this point in time.

a soul's quest for fulfillment of a divine order throughout nature seeking empathic expression but ends each new incarnation in another version of despair?

thundering silence: the game must go on. the order is little more than cruel. utterly so.

look around.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Buddhist 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:00 am

lavender initially I agree with you. The madness of the humans species. Our war. What we do to each other. Who would want to come back to this? Once is enough.

I have had many incarnations of belief in my own lifetime. That is an almost complete paradigm shift in consciousness and awareness and knowledge and seeing the world through different eyes or different lens of awareness of reality.

This is my cliche. That heaven and hell lie before our eyes. if we have had the fortitude of a healthy and loving childhood then we can still be happy in this existence. If we had hell in our childhood then there will be casualties.

Some will somehow prevail and find a way. Others will suffer for what to them seems and feels as an eternity of punishment. All for the misdeeds of ignorant parents who were not prepared to have children or quite frankly of being worthy of being a parent and caring the honor that should go with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:27 am

lightsun:

caring for children implies more than the program mercury makes for the precision of mirrors.

how much intensity goes into friendship, independent of locality and/or distance?

it's not all quantities, but qualities that decide on good education.

playing boards for survival? protecting privacy by creating personal uncertainties? it's the hour for gambling, the prime talent at the end of this cycle?

is hostility asking such questions? Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Dressed_bek164

p.s. if all creation is initially based on assumptions, then those better remain good. good enough to provide a lifetime foundation to believe in their fulfullment, on all levels of need.

sunny
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:44 am

lavender we are friends. Questions are welcome. That is how true friendship grows First forgive me my friend, I have had again no sleep. i'm a little muddle headed at the moment. I plan on taking a 2 hour nap.

I believe in first and foremost the children. I believe in parenting classes. I believe in teaching both emotional intelligence as well as cognitive science to help produce a more rational, loving and compassionate humane humanity. This is but a start. There is much more I believe in but this is a start.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:36 am

Caring for children...do you know a child when you see it? Are you sure?...There is human age and then there is soul age...which are you looking at? As a forty year old you would think, at first, another forty year old might have something in common with you, you are both the same age. Are you though? Perhaps your souls are not the same age...this puts learning capacity at odds, puts it on different plains...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
Caring for children...do you know a child when you see it? Are you sure?...There is human age and then there is soul age...which are you looking at? As a forty year old you would think, at first, another forty year old might have something in common with you, you are both the same age. Are you though? Perhaps your souls are not the same age...this puts learning capacity at odds, puts it on different plains...

u+i, with an apparent 9 months mother-daughter gestation period resonance are getting to the central issues every human being should be educated about: these determine rhythms and harmonies in relationships and purposes of any one life span.

ideal would be if parents knew the souls they are (re-)calling into another existence. or at least would listen to their kids often fragmented memories...

learning could then become truly an adventure and a discovery journey. working should truly be exciting and joyful.

a dream .... this soul had .... and fortunately, someone picked it up. late, but better than never.

I love you
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi Lavender, I could of swore you picked me up! I guess we have picked each other up...here we come clouds...here we come wonderful piece of flow allowing ground...and look consciousness, give us a few years of our combined lessons and love, I can't wait to see what evolves from our flowing hearts....it will astound even you!

I love you study scratch I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Smile

Last edited by lavender orchid on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buddhism 101
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BreakAwayForum :: The Dharma Center :: Bodhisattva Inspirations-
Jump to: