BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Native American Wisdom

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Native Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:48 pm

November 28
You can't wake a person who is pretending to sleep.
Navajo proverb

On this date in Native American history :
November 28, 1989 : The Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation
Act was signed into law by President George Bush. Hundreds of thousands of
pieces of Native American human remains, cultural pieces, and funeral objects
are held by museums and universities across the country, and this act requires
the return of those remains and items that are attached to a particular tribe.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:56 pm

November 29
No person among us desires any other reward for performing a brave and worthy action, but the
consciousness of having served his nation!
Joseph Brant (Thayendanega) (1741-1807)
Mohawk
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 9:12 pm

November 30
"To hi ge se s di" means "peace on earth."
Cherokee

Did you know?
In may tribal communities it was the grandparents who instructed the child, and
the parents who worked and hunted for the family. The grandparents taught tribal
laws, creation stories, histories, and wisdom through stories.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:44 am

it is in our self-realization that we serve, support, and appreciate one another: peace on earth, indeed!
from afar, still..

thank you, kindred spirits

sunny morning, spring-like, a gentle november dayNative American  Wisdom - Page 9 Flowers-paleblue

peace begins with a smile. mother theresa
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:11 pm

Beautiful inspiration.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:04 am

December 1
A long time ago the Creator came to Turtle Island and said to the Red People, You will be the keepers of the
Mother Earth. Among you I will give the wisdom about Nature, about the interconnectedness of all things, about
balance and about living in harmony. You Red People will see the secrets of Nature. You will live in hardship
and the blessing of this is you will stay close to the Creator. The day will come when you will need to share
the secrets with other people of the earth because they will stray from their Spiritual ways. The time to start
sharing is today.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:18 am

December 2
Some of you think an Indian is like a wild animal. This is a great mistake (addressing politicians
in Washington, D.C.).
Chief Joseph (Hin-Mah-Too-Yah-Lat-Kekt)
Nez Perce, 1879

On this date in Native American History :
December 2, 1987 : The U.S. House of Representatives passed legislation to commemorate the
centennial anniversary of the forced removal of the Cherokees from their eastern homelands-
an event that cost the lives of approximately 4,000 people and is known as the Trail of Tears.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:34 am

December 3
Face the rising sun with a cheerful spirit, as did our ancestors in the days of plenty. Their rain fell
on all the land. Their rain fell on all the land. But in these evil days it falls only on the fields of
the faithful.
White Buffalo Calf Woman
Teton Sioux
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:46 am

December 4
We humans must come again to a moral comprehension of the earth and air. We must live
according to the principle of a land ethic. The alternative is that we shall not live at all.
N. Scott Momday
Kiowa, 1970

A Native to know :
John Trudell, Santee Sioux, is a passionate activist for his people. He participated in the occupation
of Alcatraz Island, joined the American Indian Movement in 1970, and participation in the 1972
Trail of Broken Treaties. He's served as consultant and actor in Native American film, and in 1992
released a record album, AKA Graffiti Man.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native American   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 5:01 am

December 5
Great Spirit...To the center of the world you have taken me and
showed me the goodness and the beauty and the strangeness
of the greening earth...you have shown me, and I have seen.
Black Elk (1863-1950)
Oglala Sioux
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native American   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 5:08 am

December 6
Rise to the dignity and grandeur of your honored position...shake off the base fetters of the spirit...
Keokuk

Did you know?
"Kansas" is the Sioux word for "south wind people."
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native American   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 5:17 am

December 7
How inhuman it was in those wretches to come into a country where nature shone in beauty,
spreading her wings over vast continent, sheltering beneath her shades these natural sons of
an Almighty Being, that shone in grandeur and lustre like stars of the first magnitude in the
heavenly world ; whose virtues far surpassed their more enlightened foes, notwithstanding their
pretended zeal for religion and virtues.
William Apess
Pequot, January 6, 1836
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:50 am

edit: delete

Last edited by lavender orchid on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:18 am

Hello lavender. It is nice to be back and see you again. Talk later. But as always your shared images
and music stir the soul. Cheerful greetings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:09 am

Arrow
Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 1643__DSCN5486
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:54 pm

December 8
When I caught any kind of bird, when I killed I saw that life went out with its blood.
This taught me for what purpose I am here. I came into this world to die. My body
is only to hold a spirit life. Should my blood be sprinkled I want no wounds from
from behind. Death should come fronting me.
Toohoolhoolzote
Nez Perce Chief mid-19th century
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:05 pm

^Smile
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:10 pm

December 9
The Indian was a religious man from his mother's womb. From the moment of her recognition
of the fact of conception to the end of the second year of life, which was the ordinary duration
of lactation, the mother's spiritual influence counted for most. Her attitude and secret meditations
must be such as to instill into the receptive soul of the unborn child the love of the "Great Mystery"
and a sense of brotherhood with all creation.
Ohiyesa (Charles Eastman) (1858-1939)
Santee Sioux

On this date in Native American History :
December 9, 1993 : Sisters Marie and Carrie Dann, from the Western Shoshone nation were
awarded the 1993 Right Livelihood Award (sometimes called "the other Nobel Peace Prize")
and a monetary prize for their "courage and perseverance in asserting the rights of indigenous
people to their land."
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Hello lavender orchid I still do not have Java script updated in my Blackberry.
I am not technologically proficient. I must use a desk top computer to update my phone.
I will pm you and thank you for all the wonderful images and music which you have provided.
It is a joy to see you. You are a ray of sunshine. Not only to me but for the site. sunny
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:31 pm

December 10
The trees, the animals, are all where He has stopped, and the Indian thinks of these places and
sends is prayers there to reach the place where God has stopped and win help and a blessing.
Old Dakota Wiseman

December 10, 1992 : For the first time in United Nations history, indigenous people were invited
to participate in the UN General Assembly. Over 200 tribal representatives gathered in New York
City. Arvol Looking Horse, keeper of the Lakoa sacred pipe, initiated the event with a prayer.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 4:04 pm

December 11
The Indian loved to worship. From birth to death he revered his surroundings. He considered himself
born in the luxurious lap of Mother Earth, and no place to him was humble.
Luther Standing Bear (1868-1937)
Oglala Sioux

December 11, 2000 : Various Native American Indians, including the same Sioux tribe once led
by the legendary leader Crazy Horse, continued their demonstrations and protests at Liz Claiborne
headquarters to block the company from using the Crazy Horse name on its product line. The
Native people claim Liz Claiborne exploits the name, legend, and image of their heroic ancestor,
and they do not give their permission to use his name or likeness to sell products.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 4:09 pm

December 12
Your words circle like soaring birds which never land. I will try to catch them back
for my people to here.
Blue Jacket (Weyapiersenwah)
Shawnee, 1791
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 5:53 pm

lightsun wrote:
December 11
The Indian loved to worship. From birth to death he revered his surroundings. He considered himself
born in the luxurious lap of Mother Earth, and no place to him was humble.
Luther Standing Bear (1868-1937)
Oglala Sioux

this vibrational spectrum has survived and is now strong enough to call its own home, and its welcome is truly heart rendering.
\!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhIRrP8r0Mg&feature=related

December 11, 2000 : Various Native American Indians, including the same Sioux tribe once led
by the legendary leader Crazy Horse, continued their demonstrations and protests at Liz Claiborne
headquarters to block the company from using the Crazy Horse name on its product line. The
Native people claim Liz Claiborne exploits the name, legend, and image of their heroic ancestor,
and they do not give their permission to use his name or likeness to sell products.

sunny

jesus, who was not the founder of christianity, said, "the first will be the last, and the last will be the first..."
(and a freed thought would take it to mean "to last..."!)
how can anyone not rejoice in their pride?
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:08 pm

December 13
In my early days I was eager to learn and to do things, and therefore I learned quickly.
Sitting Bull (Hunkesni) (1831-1890)
Hunkpapa Sioux

Did you know?
A wampum was an important piece of Native culture. Made from polished shell or glass and then bound together to form a
belt or strands, the wampum was a historical archive, a trading item, and a method of communication. If a red belt was given
at a peace conference between two nations, it meant war. White meant peace.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:16 pm

December 14
This brings rest to my heart. I feel like a leaf after a storm, when the wind is still.
Petalasharo
Pawnee

December 14, 1985 : Wilma Mankiller was sworn into the Oklahama Cherokee Nation Council
as principal chief, becoming the first woman in modern history to lead a large tribe, and the
very first to head the Cherokee Nation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Native American Wisdom
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next