BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The right to keep and bear arms

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

The right to keep and bear arms Empty
PostSubject: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:11 am

It does say that in the US Constitution. It does not though say that you have the right to possess ammunition. Idea
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:21 am

It also says nothing about legs.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:29 am

Romana wrote:
And your point is?
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:39 am

Take away the ammo and let them keep their guns. Thats my point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:54 pm

rofl in the tank..
The right to keep and bear arms Lgbuffalo\!!
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Oh really now? Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:17 pm

edit: delete

Last edited by lavender orchid on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:36 pm

Countries, other than the USA, do not have it written into their constitution (if they have one) that guarantees their citizens the right to keep and bear arms. Other countries have gun violence, lots of gun violence in some, but in the good old US of A it is done with legal weapons that are massed produced by your neighbor. Ban the bullet…worldwide. God I hate violence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Last edited by lavender orchid on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tuesday
Designated center-fielder
Designated center-fielder

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:17 pm

Romana wrote:

Welllll, if we have the rights to bear arms, it may be implied in the constitution that we have the rights to bear legs. It seems to deem that all men are created equally, but doesn't seem to guarantee any rights for the bears. Even if a bear were to bare it's soul, isn't it a great burden to bear? I think mostly that bare legs are allowable as much as bare arms, but only up to a point where it may bare the genitals and or breasts in which case we have to draw the line and say "no shirts, no shoes, no service."

Well and besides. No matter how many clothes we wear, aren't we still all bare inside?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:25 pm

Last edited by lavender orchid on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:31 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
yeah, i understand, although not trained in any of the representative fields influencing the powers that are.
one thing should, in my view, never be underestimated: weaponry production keeps the economies afloat.

do we, therefore, have ideological differences?

It is no secrete how I feel about guns and the violence it represents to living beings, both human and non-human. If economies would fall because guns were no longer produced then let them fall, and the sooner the better. If this goes against your ideology, well this will not be the first time I went against someone ideology on gun control, nor will it be the last.
Can I hear an ‘Amen!’ to that? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:37 pm

Last edited by lavender orchid on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:27 pm

dearlg1 wrote:
Romana wrote:
And your point is?
Humor. Tuesday got it.

If I remember the Constitution correctly, the provision about the right to bear arms is prefaced by recognition of the need for a well-regulated militia. The historical background is that the Revolutionary War was fought in large part by farmers, using their own firearms and horses. Had personal ownership of guns been banned by England at that time, we might stlll be a colony. When guns are banned, it is not only criminals who still have guns; the government continues to have them as well. Whom do you trust more???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:49 pm

Last edited by lavender orchid on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:08 am

I don't like guns no-matter who might be carrying them. They don't scare me, they are a symbol of violence and the depth humanity will go with its violence on a personal scale. Then the type of weapon ramps up from there. I trust no one with a gun or weapon. Call me naive, but violence is not an answer, it is the lack of one.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:24 am

Weapons of any kind is a symbol for violence, and violence is not an answer, it is the lack of one.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:30 am

dearlg1 wrote:
I don't like guns no-matter who might be carrying them. They don't scare me, they are a symbol of violence and the depth humanity will go with its violence on a personal scale. Then the type of weapon ramps up from there. I trust no one with a gun or weapon. Call me naive, but violence is not an answer, it is the lack of one.
Then you trust no government, no police force (at least in the U.S.), no hunters.

If someone jumps you from behind, or perhaps drunk, picks a fight with you after a party, are you going to stand there and get mugged/beat up? Or are you going to give them an elbow in the gut, or a kick in the groin at least to buy you time to get away? This is violence, too, differing from a gun mainly in method of application and type of damage. In the hands of an average person, a gun is more likely to be deadly, but someone with reasonable martial arts skill can be deadly without a weapon. No means of physical force, including guns, can be the answer to anything. They are all merely tools. It is simplistic to say that none of them ever has any legitimate use.

lavender orchid wrote:
well, if you don't mind an "outsider's" commentary, the citizens in "old europe" seem more inclined to give government the edge on this. but also watching in shock and awe a very archaic battle between freedom and reason.
the superpower u.s.a. internally torn to pieces in a massive sell-out of ethics and morals, hindlagging mental modernization?
can you see with my eyes?
I cannot see with your eyes, not being you. But the commentary of "outsiders" can be particularly valuable. Hopefully you will not share the "insiders'" blind spots. I would think Europeans would be even less likely to trust governments, since Europe has experienced more totalitarian governments in recent years.

I might agree that the U.S. suffers from what you call a sell-out of ethics and morals, but gun laws are at most on the periphery of this pervasive problem. It is much less a battle between freedom and reason as between marketing/alarmism/propaganda/political correctness and reason. Americans often claim to want freedom, but are unwilling to shoulder the responsibilities that come with it, or to do what it takes to restore it when it has been restricted. Complaining may bring a momentary emotional release, but accomplishes nothing in the end.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:48 am

Again, this is a naive approach, but humanity needs to transcend violence all-together so there is no need for weapons. Humanity is in need to grow out of its animalistic trends. I smell another topic approaching
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:41 am

The right to keep and bear arms will not be infringed upon , now or ever. But again there is nothing in the constitution that states anything about regulating ammunition...nothing. Why do you think there is a shortage right tnow on ammunition? Because people are worried there will be regulation comming, so they are buying ammunition up as fast as they can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:33 am

Last edited by lavender orchid on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Hurt-Nine Inch Nails
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFx2TmQfM-o
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:56 pm

Kill 4 Peace-The Fugs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMuwbPxU3Pc
Back to top Go down
reversal

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 3:20 am

First you legalize drugs.

Only then should you criminalize guns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 5:04 am

Last edited by lavender orchid on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The right to keep and bear arms   The right to keep and bear arms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The right to keep and bear arms
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BreakAwayForum :: Forum think tank-
Jump to: