BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vedic Verses

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

Vedic Verses Empty
PostSubject: Vedic Verses   Vedic Verses Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 8:15 am

The Supremacy of the Prana(vital breath)

The organ of speech departed. After being away for a whole year, it came back and said: How have you been able to live without me? The other organs replied: We lived just as dumb people live, without speaking, but breathing with the prana (nose), seeing with the eye, hearing with the ear and thinking with the mind. Then the organ of speech entered the body.
Sama Veda, Chandogya Upanishad V, I - The Supremacy of the Prana, 8

The eye departed. After being away for a whole year, it came back and said: How have you been able to live without me? The other organs replied: We lived just as blind people live, without seeing, but breathing with the prana, speaking with the tongue, hearing with the ear and thinking with the mind. Then the eye entered the body.
Sama Veda, Chandogya Upanishad V, I - The Supremacy of the Prana, 9

The ear went out. After being away for a whole year, it came back and said: How have you been able to live without me? The other organs replied: We lived just as deaf people live, without hearing, but breathing with the prana. Speaking with the tongue, seeing with the eye and thinking with the mind. Then the ear entered the body.
Sama Veda, Chandogya Upanishad V, I - The Supremacy of the Prana, 10

The mind went out. After being away for a whole year, it came back and said: How have you been able to live without me? The other organs replied: We lived just like children whose minds are not yet formed, without thinking with the mind, but breathing with the prana, speaking with the tongue, seeing with the eye and hearing with the ear. Then the mind entered the body.
Sama Veda, Chandogya Upanishad V, I - The Supremacy of the Prana, 11

Then as the vital breath was about to depart, he uprooted the organs from their places just as a noble horse tears up the pegs to which its feet are tied. They came to him and said: Revered Sir, be thou our lord; thou art the best among us. Do not depart from us.
Sama Veda, Chandogya Upanishad V, I - The Supremacy of the Prana, 12
Back to top Go down

Vedic Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vedic Verses   Vedic Verses Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 8:39 am

wise one:

your permission granted
here is an answer to
this most insightful
teaching

with gratitude
and grace
sharedVedic Verses Remington_smoke
frederic remington, smoke
Back to top Go down

Vedic Verses
Page 1 of 1