BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the wisdom of Gandhi :

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

the wisdom of Gandhi : Empty
PostSubject: the wisdom of Gandhi :   the wisdom of Gandhi : Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:59 pm

GANDHI'S SEVEN DEADLY SINS :
Mohandas Karamachand Gandhi, one of the most influential figures in modern
social and political activism, considered these traits to be the most spiritually
perilous to humanity.
Wealth without work.
Pleasure without conscience.
Science without humanity.
Knowledge without character.
Politics without principle.
Commerce without morality.
Worship without sacrifice.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

the wisdom of Gandhi : Empty
PostSubject: Re: the wisdom of Gandhi :   the wisdom of Gandhi : Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 5:28 am

If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children.

~Mohandas Gandhi

I have worshipped woman as the living embodiment of the spirit of service and sacrifice.

~Mohandas Gandhi

"Prayer is not an old woman's idle amusement. Properly understood and applied, it is the most potent instrument of action.”

Mahatma Gandhi

There would be nothing to frighten you, if you refused to be afraid. -Gandhi

Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents never revenges itself. -Mahatma Ghandi.

"I do not want my house to be walled in one all sides and my windows to be stuffed. I want the cultures of all the lands to be blown about my house as freely as possible." Gandhi

Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love.

Mahatma Gandhi .

Non-violence and truth are inseparable and presuppose one another.

~Mohandas Gandhi

"You don't know who is important to you until you actually lose them"

~ Mahatma Gandhi ~

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? Mahatma Gandhi

“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” - Mahatma Gandhi

"The Gita is the universal mother. I find a solace in the Bhagavad-Gita that I miss even in the Sermon on the Mount. When disappointment stares me in the face and all alone I see not one ray of light, I go back to the Bhagavad-Gita. I find a verse here and a verse there , and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming tragedies - and my life has been full of external tragedies - and if they have left no visible or indelible scar on me, I owe it all to the teaching of Bhagavad-Gita."Mahatma Gandhi

Man can never be a woman's equal in the spirit of selfless service with which nature has endowed her............Gandhi

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

We are less than atoms, I say, because the atom obeys the law of its being, whereas we in the insolence of our ignorance deny the law of nature. But I have no argument to address to those who have no faith. - Gandhi

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." -Mohandas Gandhi

You must not lose faith in humanity.

Humanity is an ocean;

if a few drops of the ocean are dirty,

the ocean does not become dirty. Gandhi

Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.

~Mahatma Gandhi

"Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well." ~ Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Mahatma)

"The best way to Find Yourself is to Lose Yourself in the Service of Others."

~ Mahatma Gandhi

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." - Gandhi

"I will not let ANYONE walk through my MIND with their DIRTY feet."

~ Mahatma Gandhi ~

When I admire the wonder of Sunset or the beauty of the dusk , my SOUL expands in worship of the creator .....Mahatma Gandhi .

"If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children." -- Mohandas Gandhi

As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world (that is the myth of the atomic age) as in being able to remake ourselves.

~ Mohandas K. Gandhi

Truth alone is eternal, everything else is momentary. It is more correct to say that Truth is God, than to say that God is Truth. ... All life comes from the one universal source, call it Allah, God or Parmeshwara. — Gandhi (1869 - 1948)

Gandhi was Martin Luther King's inspiration. After a pilgrimage to India in 1958, where King visited ashrams and sought to learn more about nonviolence not simply as a political strategy but as a way of life.

He came back to America determined to meditate and fast one day a week. In the 1960s, it was King who nominated Vietnamese Buddhist teacher Thich Nhat Hanh for the Nobel Peace Prize. I wish we could send all of our leaders on a LONG pilgrimage. There's a call for clarity.
Back to top Go down

the wisdom of Gandhi :
Page 1 of 1