BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Reality/Imagination

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Disappropriated

avatar

Posts : 43
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 24
Location : UK

PostSubject: Reality/Imagination   Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:55 am

It's quite amazing what happens with the combination of Bucks Fizz, an iPod, and a bus ride home. Listening to the Land Of Make Believe, I started thinking about my imagination. When I imagine something, I imagine it superimposed on the current environment, and if I remember something I imagined, it's as clear and true as an actual memory.

I suppose what I'm saying is that I'm seeing a distinction between imagination and 'reality', but that my memory finds it difficult to distinguish between the two unless I explicitly remember what they are. Does anyone else work like this, or is it me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
avatar

Posts : 424
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : In Her arms

PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:44 pm

The paradox of abstract reality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:23 pm

can't go wrong!
can't go ...?

gone.


Last edited by lavender orchid on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
avatar

Posts : 1299
Join date : 2009-06-20
Location : Gaia

PostSubject: Reality/Imagination   Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:05 pm

Nice to see you Dissapropriated. I put some preliminary cognitive distortions & science, on
this site and the other. "...the current environment, and if I remember something I imagined,
it's as clear and true as an actual memory." and "..I'm saying is that i'm seeing a distinction
between imagination and 'reality,' but that my memory finds it difficult to distinguish between
the two unless I explicitly remember what..."
Dissapropriated, the phenomenon of false 'real' memories has occurred and transpired
with me also. That is why we (1).can't trust our brain or its perceptions fully. It has led to
certain unpleasant real repercussions. In trials, there are often witnesses at the scene of the crime,
who would swear, such and such did it.. They are certain, dead certain, as well as dead wrong.
(2). We can not always trust the images in our mind. Many people have quite frankly been
unfortunately executed based on witness account, which are erroneous. There have been instances
of (3). benign hypnotists leading patients to believe and remember false memories. Then
of course, memories or ideas implanted due to brainwashing of either (4). cults and or being
(5). tortured.
I have read interesting books. Books that say that all of this, this supposed reality is aught but a
dream.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
avatar

Posts : 424
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : In Her arms

PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:17 pm

Disappropriated wrote:
It's quite amazing what happens with the combination of Bucks Fizz, an iPod, and a bus ride home. Listening to the Land Of Make Believe, I started thinking about my imagination. When I imagine something, I imagine it superimposed on the current environment, and if I remember something I imagined, it's as clear and true as an actual memory.

I suppose what I'm saying is that I'm seeing a distinction between imagination and 'reality', but that my memory finds it difficult to distinguish between the two unless I explicitly remember what they are. Does anyone else work like this, or is it me?

I have encountered this phenomenon ever since I can remember. Dealing with it has never been a priority or even an issue unless it involves dealings with people on an personal, one-on-one basis. I find it very comforting when I write short stories and poetry to be able to rely on this dualism for inspiration. It never has failed me yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disappropriated

avatar

Posts : 43
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 24
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:51 am

dearlg1 wrote:
I find it very comforting when I write short stories and poetry to be able to rely on this dualism for inspiration. It never has failed me yet.

I find it comforting too, but I also find it makes me feel vulnerable opening up this personal side of me, and so I destroy any reference to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:51 am

it does seem to me that mankind's love for reading fiction is now absorbed by faster media crowding the indivdual and collective minds.
hence, references (relations and responses) and identification (memories of values) have become much more difficult to recognize as supportive.

i.o.w., fictive characters materialize as mind-boggling as bacteria may infest bodies with disease.

sophistication is an art with a potential for quality, not quantities expanding into a confused infinity.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
avatar

Posts : 424
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : In Her arms

PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:56 am

Disappropriated wrote:
dearlg1 wrote:
I find it very comforting when I write short stories and poetry to be able to rely on this dualism for inspiration. It never has failed me yet.

I find it comforting too, but I also find it makes me feel vulnerable opening up this personal side of me, and so I destroy any reference to it.
There can to be so-called sides or aspects of you that are hidden from others view. Creativity is not explainable or even undertandable to those who do not have the gift.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
avatar

Posts : 213
Join date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:15 pm

Disappropriated wrote:
if I remember something I imagined, it's as clear and true as an actual memory.

I suppose what I'm saying is that I'm seeing a distinction between imagination and 'reality', but that my memory finds it difficult to distinguish between the two unless I explicitly remember what they are. Does anyone else work like this, or is it me?
Yes, remembering what I have imagined often seems as real as remembering actual events. I rarely have trouble distinguishing one from the other, though. I think the origin of the memory is somehow embedded in the memory for me, so when I recall something I know it occurred in my imagination, just as I might know a "real" remembered event occurred in the summertime, or in my in-laws' yard, even if those details are not present in the memory itself. I cannot consider the products of my imagination unreal, either in the moment of creation, or later as memories. They are simply another aspect of my reality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:52 am

dearlg1 wrote:
Disappropriated wrote:
dearlg1 wrote:
I find it very comforting when I write short stories and poetry to be able to rely on this dualism for inspiration. It never has failed me yet.

I find it comforting too, but I also find it makes me feel vulnerable opening up this personal side of me, and so I destroy any reference to it.
There can to be so-called sides or aspects of you that are hidden from others view. Creativity is not explainable or even undertandable to those who do not have the gift.

what one does with a gift, is appreciate its appropriation. recognize its value in sharing.

"... denn die freude, die wir geben, kehrt ins eig'ne herz zurück."



see you in your next life ?
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
avatar

Posts : 424
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : In Her arms

PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:43 am

lavender orchid wrote:
dearlg1 wrote:
Disappropriated wrote:
dearlg1 wrote:
I find it very comforting when I write short stories and poetry to be able to rely on this dualism for inspiration. It never has failed me yet.

I find it comforting too, but I also find it makes me feel vulnerable opening up this personal side of me, and so I destroy any reference to it.
There can to be so-called sides or aspects of you that are hidden from others view. Creativity is not explainable or even undertandable to those who do not have the gift.

what one does with a gift, is appreciate its appropriation. recognize its value in sharing.

"... denn die freude, die wir geben, kehrt ins eig'ne herz zurück."



see you in your next life ?
My dear, it is shared by the ones who want to share it, in their art, poetry, prose, music, acting. Anything that requires creativity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:42 am

dear friend:

appreciation is the art of meeting that creativity!
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
avatar

Posts : 424
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : In Her arms

PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:40 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
dear friend:

appreciation is the art of meeting that creativity!
Appreciation from others for creativity is irrelevant unless it is meant to be appreciate. But creativity without imagination is a paradox of the highest order. And confusing realty with imagination is no problem for some of the more gifted who consider reality an opinion anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:51 pm

fine.

inclusion, exclusion; no explanation, but left to and of evaluation..
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
avatar

Posts : 424
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : In Her arms

PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:03 pm

None needed for those who understand, if one is needed...oh well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:16 pm

yup. with all due respect!

still life
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
avatar

Posts : 424
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : In Her arms

PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:41 pm

You, more than anyone l.o. know how to superimpose your own carpet onto a floor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:08 pm

dearlg1 wrote:
You, more than anyone l.o. know how to superimpose your own carpet onto a floor.

so you think.
whatever such knowledge may imply, it came with a regime of non-intrusion on the freedom of others.
it's therefore more like a blanket around immaterial existence, a doubtful reality composed of question marks rather than opinions (points taken).

or, i.o.w., gone through the shredder.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
avatar

Posts : 424
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : In Her arms

PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Let the imaginative keep their imagination. If I want others to know what I am thinking (imagining)I will give them something they either will not like, or will not understand, or both. I have slipped a few out on the unexpected and have regretted it. So I usually don't bother letting outsiders see my thought imagined poetry and prose anymore, just the superficial meaningless bs kind. You do not want to know what I really think, just imagine it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:52 am

not so!
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
avatar

Posts : 424
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : In Her arms

PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:29 am

Let not what I imagine be a signal for doubt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:43 pm

no doubt.
no imagination.
but plenty confusion.
and unjust allocation.

very unjust. imho.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/cut-the-mustard.html
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
avatar

Posts : 424
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : In Her arms

PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:42 pm

Cryptic underlying decipherings are left to be understood for those who are capable, some frown with skepticism, while most just don't care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:00 pm

trying hard to
a) perceive whatever care or caring
b) relate to ".......

c) not to get lost in possibilities and realities flawed with uncontrolled vagueness

btw. where is the "borderline" between 2nd and 2rd person?

rationalizing: the faith of a healer is in permanent battle with the irony of written correspondence. and doubt that crawls into silence.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
avatar

Posts : 424
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : In Her arms

PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:55 pm

The queen of crypto nonsensical vagueness is saying I'm vague. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Reality/Imagination   

Back to top Go down
 
Reality/Imagination
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Escaping Reality
» Nightmares Become Reality
» Nero - Welcome Reality (2012)
» True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents?
» Gillyweed and Your Imagination.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BreakAwayForum :: The Mystical Gardens :: Spirit Mountain :: The sacred grounds-
Jump to: