BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A deepest of understandings

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:07 pm

As a soul maneuvering through the constant evolution of both inner and outer change, looking at earth needing to decide what part of me needs refinig or introduction as I contmplate reincarnating. What could I learn as a person born to a poor African family. How about a rich American family. A royal English family. A Native Indian family living on a reserve.

It is by reincarnating to any position multiple times for many different reasons that social conditions can change. It is a combined experience from many positions that a soul goes through that ultimately dertermines what effect that soul can achieve under any circumstances. That dictates the ability to see a bigger picutre regarding anything.

Birds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:30 pm

thanks for giving such memorable credit to contemporaries and ancestors. confused

i41 shall consider ONLY doing without condesension!
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 pm

And I shall do the same in reverence with you of the greater whole.

Good night Lavender Orchid, have the most sweetest dreams unhampered by chaos of any type.

All is truley well.

Birds
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:08 pm

The things that occur to you when you turn out the lights.....

The perfect spectrum of chaos and bliss

Sadism/bondage

Those people should be studied Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:11 pm

look Pretty, i don't mean you any ill, but somehow the proof would be with sharing some kind of pudding.
i'm working the night shift, and the distance is growing.

those things have long stopped occurring to me, so don't transfer those now when keeping all good to yourselves.

or should i quote...? like the starlight express of eons? Like a Star @ heaven scratch No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMWqxyX7jPE&feature=rec-rev-rn-2f-3-HM

here, for the deepest of YOUR capabilities..
A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Clown-2
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:35 am

I am surprised that you missed the book references for the science and the eastern religion philosophy. I was under the impression that perhaps you had studied such stuff. There is so much philosophical stuff on this board I kind of thought I fit. Oh well, no biggie. I will stop sharing my kind of rhetoric if that is more comfortable.

What kind of TV do you watch.

Birds Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:50 am

Prettybirds wrote:
I am surprised that you missed the book references for the science and the eastern religion philosophy. I was under the impression that perhaps you had studied such stuff. There is so much philosophical stuff on this board I kind of thought I fit. Oh well, no biggie. I will stop sharing my kind of rhetoric if that is more comfortable.

What kind of TV do you watch.

Birds Shocked

no tv.
and the book references for the science and the eastern religion philosophy noted and stored: it's the empirics that should fulfill promises on more than a common comfort level (from which i am excluded ~~ and neither the certainty nor the uncertainty of such are wholesome and becoming), imho.

my part of trust (faith vs. knowledge and the "ego"-expectation under accusation) is wearing thin under the "moral" regimen i retain.

again, this is not intended to take away from your input and obvious insight.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:53 am

Dearest Lavender Orchid, I was not not trying to rude. It is a matter of allowing an understanding within yourself.

Unlike the Monk in your picture sitting in the lotus position between the trunks of the tree, you do not have the time to embark on the study required to learn how. That is not a fault, just a reality.
Looking at him, you must know in your heart of hearts that what he is doing is above the ordinary. How do you think he is dealing with the pain of such a position? It is in mundane words the ability to focus his energy through meditation. He can literally take that pain and send it away, he could also take that pain and turn it into bliss, the things you think of when the lights are turned off Twisted Evil . He spent years learning how. We are not born knowing everything, it is imperative to keep learning...
That is proof in the pudding of mind over matter.

As for TV, when I do watch it I tend to watch sappy programming like Gilmore Girls or One Day at a Time. If not warm and fuzzy then it must be scientific or historical in nature.

Birds

PS sweet dreams today....Ode to the tenacity of a night shift worker

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:08 am

Understanding the processes and capabilities of what humans are is not a path to leads you to happiness and peace. It is quite the opposite. It is a path that leads to chaos. Happiness tends towards complacency and chaos tends towards motivation. It takes motivation to learn. If you truly wish for happiness then you must find the medium ground between ignorance and knowledge. Knowledge is a weight to bear. It is enough for most people to simply believe with a rudimentary understanding. It needs to be this way for if there was nothing left to learn, if we were all on the same plain, we would literally grind to a halt.
I am so positive that the good effect you have brought to the world is just as important as that Monks. Just different thats all.

Birds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:15 am

kudos to you knowing the words disappearing in the speedy worklife that's me.
no defensive positioning here: one CAN happen to know what one has no time to do as much as a splitting vice versa.
it's endless.
what i seem to be missing or miss to only seem is not in a closed circle.
only too ordinary for a very old soul.

fragile and wary, but going strong: no food, no drink, no sleep .... like camel.

after operation ****** *****, operation bypass.

all for love. cheers

p.s. i do understand the apparent and rapidly growing need for a right not to know.
http://psychcentral.com/news/archives/2004-04/uow-abf040604.html
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:59 am

Prettybirds wrote:
The object of the 2 men is to have the guy in the train turn the flashlights on at a specific controll time, the same time the man starts the stop watch. First they concentrate on the hand that extends towards the back of the train. Both men measure the amount of time it took either of them to actually see the light reach the end of the car. The light beam appearing on the wall. They found it took measurably more time for the man in the train to see the appearance of the light than the man on the platform. Reason being, the man in the train was moving away from the back of the train at the same velocity as the back of the train was moving towards him. They were relative to each other bearing in mind the speed of light.
The special theory of relativity actually asserts the opposite: namely, that light travels at the same speed in all inertial reference frames. Both the observer standing "still" on the platform and the observer travelling in the train at constant speed are in inertial reference frames, so the light travelling out of both flashlights will have the same speed (3 x 10^8 m/s, in opposite directions) to both observers. A good explanation can be found in http://galileo.phys.virginia.edu/classes/252/SpecRelNotes.pdf beginning on page 19.

Prettybirds wrote:
I applaud the findings of our phsyicists and the feel that perhaps we are closer to a global understanding of the universal whole, the collective knowledge, albiet from different standpoints.
Your approbation is welcome. I have long considered spiritual and scientific pursuits to be two sides of the same coin, both focused on understanding the deeper mysteries of life, but from opposite directions and using complementary tools and methods. We often learn about human creators like Shakespeare, Picasso, or Beethoven by studying their works. Similarly, studying the natural world is a legitimate way to learn about the divine creator. The present day dichotomy between science and spirituality has not always existed. Even when Isaac Newton was made chair of the Physics department at Cambridge, the former chair was given charge of the Theology department. Imagine that happening today.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:26 am

If only every pudding cup we opened contained a prize at the bottom instead of just an empty understanding of all the needless calories we just consumed.

In reverence of a Crackerjack box. Rolling Eyes

Sweet.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:31 am

I am going to have to say "What Romana said" I will learn from your words regarding relativity. Such a large concept hence my string theory for dummies reference. I refuse to accept an un-understanding of the concept and very much welcome the corrections as tools for allowing me to understand. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you. I will re-read in digest before I comment further.

Loving you all already....
Birds
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:28 am

Hi Lavender

Genetics...

At times fear is all to adept at putting off decision. The fear of possible negative physical experience or of being wrong...

As I study the people who are considering the demerit/merit of genetic study from understanding to enhancement these are my conclusions.
The 2 bases for the fear that is dictating a no vote are fear of the visual,emotional and physical suffering that might be at one end of the spectrum. The other more base, is a fear of personal encroachment and entrapment. Both very legitimate reasons to the human species on the whole.
There are so many things out there that can influence our perception of what the full spectrum could really contain regarding this. Religion, pain, moral outrage inspired by either....

A bit of truth about myself.... I too am governed by what I see as the right thing to do regarding this research by both the visual and physical possible ramifications for not doing it. I have MS. I see the progressed aspect of this disease. I see what I am going to become. I feel already the tired of physical death so very deep in my bones. For me, I must embrace the stem cell research that is newly responsible for the breakthroughs in the fields of Parkinson and MS. I will not allow myself to fear the full spectrum.

All you can do is step up to the plate, cast your vote based on what feels right, don't disrespect opposing opinions and wait and see.

A world of love to everyone

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:44 am

I love you Stephen Hawkings.... farao
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 am

Ultimately we must forever accept and understand that it is not wrong to make decisions based on perceptions we gain from human nature. Especially our own particular human nature.

Are we not here to be human?

We are all king queen
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 12:01 pm

I find ignorance inexcusable, and privacy essential. Forewarned is forearmed. Knowledge is power. But knowledge of my makeup is my property, and should be as firmly under my control as any so-called intellectual property I might produce.

Yes, we are all by definition human. But we need not let that get in our way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 12:14 pm

dear Pretty: your communicative style is so charmingly inviting, makes it easy to develop one's own thoughts even when controversial.

i think e.g. you take circumstances as a given and then try to attribute "fear" or other labels to people and have them forever work on changing them.

whereas i try to analyze the circumstances and their possible origins and from there seek to "understand" people's actions and reactions rather than berating and judging them.

in both cases, i find communications to be wanting badly, and this in turn being the reason for any EGO to permanently define its space. most of us cannot remember a conscious choice for a body, parentage and social circumstances made "before birth", yet such can be "retrieved" with sufficient interest in purpose and "mission" one might resonate with.

let me hear what you think of different cultural development?
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi Romana, such a wise woman. I love your poetry selections.

I like to marry the basic astrological map of the human nature and its evolvement with why we would at any given time make any kind of decision. Depending on where we are at along our evolutionary trail, so our perceptions, so our needs, so our decisions. I find it simple and so profound because of that. A Sag is a Sag and an Aries is an Aries. Not negating the full spectrum of variability and duplicity of each growth period.

Even ignorance has its purpose, without which what is enlightenment.

Yes, I can firmly understand the forewarned is forearmed. Let us never forget the world change at the advent of nuclear fusion. On the complete other end of the spectrum, is the growing understanding of those scientist types of the greater whole. I don't know why we could not have one without the other. I just know human nature governs us on this plain and if we were supposed to be on another plain we'd be there. It is to bring the enlightenment down to ground with the weight of words and deeds. Full spectrum. ( I need another analogy)

Crying or Very sad

I don't think the human species as a whole would ever allow for any type of genetic interference. Perhaps 200 even 100, ok 50 years ago we would not of been able to fully conceptualize the world opinion of new research but now a days we are just too united in the quest for personal freedom and betterment.
50 years ago not enough of world population had a high school education. That in itself led to a lot of ignorance. Its not like that any more, also yeah for the internet. Just look closely at the shinanigans happening in the world of finance. For we so loved our financial freedom that we were armed and ready to bring down the world to stop the thievery. You wouldn't of seen that 50 years ago. Not on such a fearless and grand scale. March on human nature. I am horrified by the amount of people who have suffered and died over this in the last 3 years. It has to be though. The corruption had to be exposed and dealt with didn't it? On the other hand, I take pleasure in going onto the Department of Justice website and reading of the trillions of dollars that has been transferred back to the victims of this tragedy.

Birds
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:04 pm

Sorry I must totally rephrase myself, how could I ever forget the war with Hitler and so many other times great numbers have united. Perhaps the reason I did not catch that right away is that I view war as not a true reason to take a stand. Money powers manipulated us over and over into believing that we needed to defend with arms. None of it was for an even remotely healthy reason. Albeit our stance with Hitler was defensive completely without bias and bullshit.
Even Foreign Aid and Live Aid concerts are wonderful examples of how united we are all now. I am not so sure the principle of foreign aid is sound I by no means think I'm right. There is always more to learn.

My goodness, what a blunder Embarassed

Birds
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:20 pm

As one would gaze upon a set of paintings from different artists, each one containing a different view of the same horizon. IE: Group of Seven...
In each you recognize a style you appreciate, perhaps some more than others, to you each is a work of art and in each a representation of the artist. They are worthy and special.
So are the many cultures of the world. I love the layers. I rejoice in finding common ground between all of them knowing instinctively they are human like me and bound as such. Each culture is a work of art, each piece its own perception.

A culture is an interpretation. As many cultures as there is differences. So many higher enlightened cultures than my western one. Some are like poetry, a language beyond the mere difference of words, so complex.

Interesting thought, I will continue to mull this over.
What do you think about different cultures.

I am absolutely fascinated with the Muslim culture and religion. The evolution of the Muslim woman is taking the Muslim world by storm. It is heartbreaking and beautiful all at the same time.

Birds
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:32 pm

It is in accepting the boundaries as set out in the universe and this planet, and this human form, that I learn to make the most out of my life challenge number 3. My inability to deal with authority ( boundaries).
That is how I cope with the MS. It is as if life knew that if I wasn't glued to my seat I would never slow down long enough to realize what I can learn. To stop running away from restriction and concentration, both to me forms of entrapment. Perhaps now I'll have the time to catch up to my potential.
I am ok with being human. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:19 pm

nice and brave words, Prettybird.
you do convey your essence very well and it feels good to perceive it. no misgivings, but a lot of sympathy and encouragement in return!

i do hope you are well taken care of concerning diet and medication.
a good friend of mine and her daughter also have MS. right now, our contact is dormant, however.

another friend has parkinson.
while i struggle with society (here) for better recognition and official acknowledgement of spirit healing (it's widely considered charlatans at work unless you have some sort of - always non-academic - certification as a physiotherapist or homeopathic practicioner, unlike GB), i wish there were more desire on the patients' part to understand (additional) alternative ways of healing.

hence, perhaps, this analytical rather than "pragmatic" approach: the bureaucratic tightgrip certainly impacts on genetics more than anyone of us could find suitable.

and our social insurance and health care institutions are in trouble, although once considered exemplary.

back to "cultures": are you directly involved with the muslim faith and/or persons?

my fascination is with america. hence my being here. don't want to be overbearing, however. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: deep   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:24 pm

Prettybirds you are very interesting. Apologies I have been away due to a family crises. When I
come back I find all this deep thought and profoundest of wisdom. Welcome to our little family.
How did you by chance discover our little nest egg? Anyway in the days and weeks to come I
hope to know you better. Have you discovered every nook and crany of our abode. There are wonders,
wonders to be explored. I am also gladdened to see lavender orchid and dearlg1, Mayflow and
Romana as well as bit. I hope to catch up soon. LightSun Peaceweaver
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
A culture is an interpretation. As many cultures as there is differences. So many higher enlightened cultures than my western one. Some are like poetry, a language beyond the mere difference of words, so complex.

Interesting thought, I will continue to mull this over.
What do you think about different cultures.

I am absolutely fascinated with the Muslim culture and religion. The evolution of the Muslim woman is taking the Muslim world by storm. It is heartbreaking and beautiful all at the same time.
I have long considered the role of culture in the life of an individual. Specifically, what, if anything, is our tie or perhaps our duty to the culture(s) into which we were born? What is the role of culture in spirituality? Is it somehow wrong, or perhaps simply inefficient, to seek spiritual fulfullment through a culture not one's own? For example, to explore Hindu traditions when one is of African descent, or Native American Shamanism when one is of European descent? I firmly believe that all paths lead to the same mountaintop, but is there anything to be said for treading the path of one's forebears, or is branching out to the unfamiliar equally valid and rewarding? Or perhaps moreso?

I claim no answers or insights here, only questions.

As for Islam, it is about 600 years younger than Christianity. 600 years ago, Christianity was still in the throes of the Inquisition. Perhaps Islam must work through its own "Inquisitionary" period, to evolve to the next level. In any case, Islam is best "reformed" from within. Such forces are indeed at work, though the tide currently seems against them. They will likely win out in the end, like Galileo and his ilk, though the official exoneration was hundreds of years in coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A deepest of understandings   A deepest of understandings - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A deepest of understandings
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BreakAwayForum :: Daily notes from the Universe-
Jump to: