dedicated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHw75xYJg9k
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:13 pm

"i heard the lion's roar.. .............."

\!! preceded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:28 pm

replacing all considerations with silence!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:44 am

look what the cat has brought in....

"If you can start the day without caffeine,
If you can get going without pep pills,
If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,
If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,
If you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it,
If you can understand when your loved ones are too
busy to give you any time,
If you can overlook it when those you love take it out on you,
If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,
If you can ignore a friend's limited education and never correct him,
If you can resist treating a rich friend better than an poor friend,
If you can face the world without lies and deceit,
If you can conquer tension without medical help,
If you can relax without liquor,
If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,
If you can say honestly that deep in your heart you have
no prejudice against creed, color, religion or politics,
THEN, my friend, you are almost as good as your dog.
-Author Unknown-"

no, "my friend", not so: then "you have received an infraction"*. that's all "we" have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKMyI7vkw1g

\!! *one too many.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:52 am

Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser

PostSubject: sacred   Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:59 pm

To lavender orchod you happen being a very creative being, and your light does shine unto the rest of us here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:39 pm

lightsun wrote:
To lavender orchod you happen being a very creative being, and your light does shine unto the rest of us here.

dear lightsun: if my little light shines it is for you and everyone here to enjoy our present and share where we come from. so glad to have you here.

these are days of sunshine, a hot summer... please feel welcome the same way when your mood is low: there's always a reason. and always a "be-cause" for each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IVbPPGXljo&feature=related
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:21 am

risky, when advocates cannot transcend their symbolism...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3zzXsfvWns&feature=related

offered with a prayer that learning may become a joyful adventure.

\!!
Back to top Go down
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:11 am

\!!

good morning to all!

friends are those whom we never, ever, miss in life.
love is eternal, and as such lasting for life.
may, therefore, joy and grace fill and remain in our hearts forever more.

it could be a good day to die.
may we, therefore, continue to learn from our mistakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqvgrr2uwbo&playnext_from=TL&videos=rvpk2asDbOg&feature=grec_index

http://www.shamanism.dk/Article-on-death-and-life.htm

p.s. as if tailor-made...
Did you know...

... that today is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day? It's
like a Get Out of Jail Free card. If you're in trouble with
someone you love, today's your day for a reprieve!

~~~

Today's Inspirational Quote:

"When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to
that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger
than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link
and get free."

-- Catherine Ponder

"inspiration"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:44 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Fragments of the Self

We all have many parts of self; the child, teenager- make time for all and let them be heard to benefit the whole.

Sometimes it feels as if we have many different people living inside of us, expressing themselves in voices that seem distinct from one another. There is the inner child with its wants and needs, the angry voice that expresses its opinion and probably several more as well. With all these different parts of ourselves express differing desires and needs and opinions, we may begin to feel as if we have no clarity. It is difficult to know which voices to pay attention to and which ones to ignore or dismiss. Even if we manage to move forward amidst the confusion, doubts and concerns may linger in our psyches simply because they have not been fully expressed and examined. As a result, we may have trouble being at peace with the decisions we do make.

One way to handle this dilemma is to consciously make time for a meeting of the minds within our psyche. This can be done as a guided meditation or as a journaling exercise. In both we can summon the many fragments that make up the whole of who we are and give them each a chance to speak. This can be a helpful tool in the face of a decision we need to make, and it can also be a fruitful path to take in the interest of self-exploration and self-care. When we gather the many fragments of our psyche together, the health and power of the whole is greatly increased.

We can imagine a roundtable in which we gather all the various representatives of our being, allowing them to name themselves and giving them a chance to speak. We allow each one to weigh in, fully expressing the perspective they represent, and we listen without comment. As we listen, we may be amazed at the wisdom and energy stored in these fragments of our self. This gathering brings the fragmented pieces of our psyche into a closer relationship, enabling us to move forward as a unified whole.

psychiatry would call "this dilemma" multiple personality syndrome?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:33 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:07 pm

.. \!!
Caring Intent

You may have the chance to help others with their tasks today which could mean that you might feel valuable as you are able to put your skills to good use. Knowing that you have a gift that you can use may not be the only reason why you might feel effective, it could also be that you truly enjoy the charge you get from doing something that that can make the life of someone else just a little bit easier. Perhaps as you assist others today you might think of the various people who have had an impact on your life and who have helped you when you needed it most. As you reflect on this try to imagine that all you are doing right now is simply an extension of what has been done for you. Understanding that we are all interconnected in this way could make what you do for others all the more meaningful.

Caring for each other is a symbiotic relationship. There are naturally times when we help out, but if we can remember that it is the nature of most of our interactions and relationships to both give and receive, the value of what we do has a much greater impact. It is easy to forget this and simply look upon ourselves as helpers, when in fact we also must rely on others to live. Helping others with the conscious idea that this is part of being in a relationship will keep your caring intent pure today.

a symbiotic relationship is often and automatically associated with parasitic and freeloading.
coming clean of that..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQVB7c1swV8&feature=related
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Quote :
.. historicity misses the entire point of the spiritual template coded into the DNA of humanity. the template establishes what will resonate in the human consciousness as an explanation of our purpose and our Creator. why is it easier to believe that our physical structure is the result of coded DNA . . . but our cognitive structures are some how exempt! each of the many iterations of our cognitive attempts followed a similar pattern with each evolving generation and culture . . . just as our physical structure has. the Jesus template is the last and most sophisticated. the only problem has been the benighted religious leaders in the church who corrupted the template with the OT crap that was only supposed to be used to validate Jesus. they have stagnated and continued to corrupt the dogma with the precepts and doctrines of men for their own purpose of power and control for 2 millennia and more.

just bringing this to another storehouse. pure wisdom to delve into.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Releasing the Reigns
Changing Others

When we feel the need to change others, take the time to look inside yourself, find the mirror and the message.

Our perception of humanity as a whole is, to a large extent, dualistic. We paint people with a broad brush—some are like us, sharing our opinions and our attitudes, while others are different. Our commitment to values we have chosen to embrace is often so strong that we are easily convinced that our way is the right way. We may find ourselves frustrated by those who view the world from an alternate vantage point and make use of unusual strategies when coping with life's challenges. However ardently we believe that these people would be happier and more satisfied following our lead, we should resist the temptation to try to change them. Every human being has been blessed with a unique nature that cannot be altered by outside forces. We are who we are at any one point in our lives for a reason, and no one person can say for certain what another should be like.

The reasons we try to change one another are numerous. Since we have learned over time to flourish in the richness of lives we have built, we may come to believe that we are qualified to speak on behalf of the greater source. The sum total of our knowledge will never compare to what we do not know, however, and our understanding of others’ lives will forever be limited. The potential we see in the people who are a part of our lives will never be precisely the same as our own, so we do these individuals a disservice when we make assumptions about their intentions, preferences, and goals. Our power lies in our ability to accept others for all their quirks and differences and to let go of the need to control every element of our existence. We can love people for who they are, embracing their uniqueness, or we can love them as human beings from afar. Your ability to influence people may grow more sophisticated because others sense that you respect their right to be themselves, but you will likely spend more time gazing inward, into the one person you can change: yourself.

source: daily om

similar eyes, to send out, one had to borrow
similar eyes were sent back, into days' sorrow
similar thoughts separate what's been taken
similar sorts vindicate being shaken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH1ETxLAdf8&playnext=1&videos=jOkTa-RJxn0&feature=grec_index

ability to influence people is not "control"?
respect. more likely.

what do i want? no longer.

\!!

surrender by coercion kills love.
rest volition wanting to be thankful becomes a farce.
*shrugs*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:15 pm

In the Presence of Difficulty
Compassion

True compassion recognizes that all the boundaries we perceive between ourselves and others are an illusion.

Compassion is the ability to see the deep connectedness between ourselves and others. Moreover, true compassion recognizes that all the boundaries we perceive between ourselves and others are an illusion. When we first begin to practice compassion, this very deep level of understanding may elude us, but we can have faith that if we start where we are, we will eventually feel our way toward it. We move closer to it every time we see past our own self-concern to accommodate concern for others. And, as with any skill, our compassion grows most in the presence of difficulty.

We practice small acts of compassion every day, when our loved ones are short-tempered or another driver cuts us off in traffic. We extend our forgiveness by trying to understand their point of view; we know how it is to feel stressed out or irritable. The practice of compassion becomes more difficult when we find ourselves unable to understand the actions of the person who offends us. These are the situations that ask us to look more deeply into ourselves, into parts of our psyches that we may want to deny, parts that we have repressed because society has labeled them bad or wrong. For example, acts of violence are often well beyond anything we ourselves have perpetuated, so when we are on the receiving end of such acts, we are often at a loss. This is where the real potential for growth begins, because we are called to shine a light inside ourselves and take responsibility for what we have disowned. It is at this juncture that we have the opportunity to transform from with!
in.

This can seem like a very tall order, but when life presents us with circumstances that require our compassion, no matter how difficult, we can trust that we are ready. We can call upon all the light we have cultivated so far, allowing it to lead the way into the darkest parts of our own hearts, connecting us to the hearts of others in the understanding that is true compassion.

no matter how difficult!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:43 am

Openness Leads to Understanding

When discussing important matters today you may feel resistant to other people’s ideas and this might make you appear stubborn, and this inflexibility could be due to a fear that by opening yourself up to new ideas, you might somehow find it more difficult to hold onto beliefs that are dear and important to you. If you have a certain idea about how the world should be, you might wish to consider how shutting yourself off from new thoughts can actually work against you – making it much more difficult for you to expand your mental, emotional, and spiritual horizons. Perhaps just trying to listen to others in a much more open and willing way might help you realize that by being much more receptive to things that may seem unusual or novel today, you are much more likely to develop new perspectives on the world and your place in it.

Allowing ourselves to remain amenable to learning about new ways of thinking will give us greater insights about our lives. While it may seem that resisting change makes things stay the same, it is in fact through change that we are truly able to grow. Closing ourselves off from others only makes us more impervious to the multitude of thoughts and opinions that can positively shape how we see ourselves. By remaining willing to explore, listen to and perhaps even accept the different points of view you encounter, you will approach your interactions with more flexibility and understanding today.

source: daily om (bolding mine)

still: just that ..

let's say i know the truth
but still doubt my faith
in long-distance promise
and close-range (dis-)appointments
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:34 am

funky: 1h : 8p

\!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:28 am

Native American Prayer

Oh Great Spirit,
Whose voice I hear in the wind,
Whose breath gives life to the world,
Hear me!
I come to you as one of your many children.
I am small and weak.
I need your strength and wisdom.
May I walk in beauty.
Make my eyes behold the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things that you have made,
And my ears sharp to hear your voice.

Make me wise so that I may know the things
That you have taught your children--
The lessons that you have hidden in every leaf and rock.
Make me strong, not to be superior to my brothers,
But to be able to fight my greatest enemy: myself.
Make me ever ready to come to you with straight eyes, So that when life fades as the faded sunset
My spirit will come to you without shame.

~ John Yellow Lark ~

My spirit will come to you without shame.
\!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb2rx8eO0jc&playnext=1&videos=bMm5viFPvOg&feature=grec_index
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:04 pm

on standby for bypass?

maybe two or three have ignored long enough an extended welcome?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKxceoNGcL0&feature=rec-exp_fresh+div-1r-6-HM

roots can become very bitter while branches and leaves still radiate a smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV_KpO8khOI&feature=rec-exp_fresh+div-1f-28-HM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:39 am

where love is - there is no effort....
Mata Amritanandamayiis

Embarassed too bad it never translated to "take it easy".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUvQl2OZBD8&feature=rec-exp_stronger_r2-2f-14-HM

full sturgeon moon, red moon .....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:29 am

Signifying Fondness

An outgoing and happy state of mind can prompt you to reach out to the people you care about today. Whether or not you are usually earnest where your feelings are concerned, you may find yourself displaying your affection for your loved ones in myriad small ways. Telling these special individuals that you appreciate and adore them may satisfy just one part of your desire for openness, while the tender gestures that comprise some part of your day’s actions may satisfy another. Your demonstrative mood will likely serve to cement the bonds you share with others today by showing them that your feelings have not flagged over time.

Displays of affection and esteem are so vitally important to our relationships because the people we care about do not instinctively know how highly we regard them and must be informed of our feelings via direct means. Our demonstrations of tenderness serve to remind our family and friends of the important places they occupy in our minds and hearts. Whatever the nature of these affectionate overtures, our relationships are solidified each time we take steps to actively convey our loving feelings in our words and in the choices we make. The more outgoing we are while reinforcing our emotional attachments in this manner, the more receptive the people we care for will be to our message. Your loved ones will have no cause to doubt your feelings for them today because the strength and the depth of your devotion will be abundantly clear in all you do.

bolding mine.

moves, movements, and deep (e-)motions: rain on a special day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:42 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwjjIBo_Fwc&feature=related

this no questions asked approach
and total acceptance suppressions \!!
lead to loss of passion and weak intellect
i made a promise to never
again fake a being to get approval
but it can and does hurt understanding
so deliberately not equally yoked

at some point the alchemist dies
all the same

someone even god who
does not answer is not worth
the question either

but walking on such pathways
is going against the grain of almost
everyone
and the soothers in place

"krankheit kommt von kränkung"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:05 pm

Quote :
Growing Self-Reflection

You may feel perceptive and in tune with your life or the goings-on in the world today. Perhaps you are engaged in a journey of self-reflection and are giving some thought to your past or future. If so, you may receive a wealth of inspirational insights. You could also be drawing conclusions about yourself that could help you to grow in your work or spiritual life. Consider allowing yourself ample time to look inward today and notice any behaviors or beliefs that continue to support your life purpose. You may wish to figure out how you can continue to consciously apply them to your life. The answers you seek can always be found inside of you.

Self-reflection inspires us to forge ahead on our personal journey of development. When we look inward, we recognize how some of our behaviors and thoughts have helped us get to where we are in our lives. This self-awareness motivates us to continue calling these specific attributes or abilities into action—not only have they helped us move forward in life but they have contributed to our happiness and well-being. We are left with an honest appreciation of how these behaviors and beliefs have shaped our identities. Reflect on yourself, your past, and your present today, and the resulting insights will inspire you to new spirals of growth.
occ(up)as[t]ional hope Sad

@ "home", a harmless kindergarten new age formation takes the time to repeat advisory clichés:
reading is definitely and advantage: and so is intellectual honesty.
with the opportunities to practice such, beyond reading in isolation: as a seemingly all-encompassing mod securitate with seeming ccc ambitions seems to be hired for.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-philosophy/1068748-great-catholic-scientists-14.html

oh europe, all intelligent life can only weep for you.

\!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY / retreat   

Back to top Go down

SANCTUARY / retreat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BreakAwayForum :: The Mystical Gardens :: Spirit Mountain :: The sacred grounds-
Jump to: