BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quotes of the day

Go down 
+12
Kaere
Agartha
Stabby
thedoc
reversal
Jonathan Ainsley Bain
Nick Joke
Romana
Prettybirds
dearlg1
lightsun
Mayflow
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 5:15 am

"may god help those who help themselves." (potential quote of the day)
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:06 am

As a man feels when he finds a pearl in a dustbin, so am I amazed by the miracles of awakening rising in my consciousness. It is the nectar of immortality that delivers us from death, the treasure that lifts us from death, the treasure that lifts us above poverty into the wealth of giving to life, the tree that gives shade to us when we roam about scorched by life, the bridge that takes us across the stormy river of life, the cool moon of compassion that calms our mind when it is agitated, the fun that dispels darkness, the butter made from the milk of kindness by churning it with the dharma. It is a feast of joy to which all are invited.

http://groups.gaia.com/gaia_books/39178/the-way-of-the-bodhisattva/by_shantideva
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:23 am

“Obedience keeps the rules. Love knows when to break them.”

~ Anthony de Mello
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:50 am

The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity. Buddhism answers this description. If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism.

~ Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Quote   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Mayflow wrote:
"may god help those who help themselves."

Indeed I believe the answers lay within us all. We apparently need each other to bring these hidden truths, gems, & talents to the surface. We can help inspire each other.

Ultimately each must walk there own path which goes back to the original quote. The people that we surround ourselves with can help facilitate our journey's or help to forestall us and get us stuck in a quagmire. Which goes back to original choice and being ultimately responsible for our thought's, and action-behaviors.
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:18 am

Quotes of the day 21531_312960229900_260560424900_3317547_7662395_s

Le parole hanno il potere di distruggere e di creare; Quando le parole sono sincere e gentili possono cambiare il mondo.(Buddha) http://www.partecipiamo.it/Aforismi_e_citazioni/aforismi_citazioni.htm
By:I più belli aforismi di sempre

Words have the power to destroy and create. When the words are sincere and kind (gentle) they can transform the world. Buddha

By: The finest aphorisms ever.
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:57 am

The Lone Wolf is not just an animal -
Nor is a tree only a tree.
They are part and parcel of the human psyche,
and deserve the utmost of our respect
for we are they and they are we.

~ Mayflow ~

flower
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:43 pm

What do we really know of the human mind?
DEG
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Qoute   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Mayflow wrote:
Quotes of the day 21531_312960229900_260560424900_3317547_7662395_s

Le parole hanno il potere di distruggere e di creare; Quando le parole sono sincere e gentili possono cambiare il mondo.(Buddha) http://www.partecipiamo.it/Aforismi_e_citazioni/aforismi_citazioni.htm
By:I più belli aforismi di sempre

Words have the power to destroy and create. When the words are sincere and kind (gentle) they can transform the world. Buddha

By: The finest aphorisms ever.

This is a most beautiful quote and bears worthiness of being brought up again and again.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 3:10 pm

"We are the abandoned hesitation of all those who can't wait"
Back to top Go down

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:03 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
"We are the abandoned hesitation of all those who can't wait"

wait a minute....

"do you love yourself?"
do i have to know a comme-il-faut answer to that?
Quotes of the day Banner2
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi Lavender, I was thinking about death...I love life and that's why I hesitate. Instead of following a mother, a lover to death, I live on...those who have died could not wait, we are what was abandoned...

I think on this positively...happily.
Back to top Go down

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:11 pm

Pretty: should this hesitation have anything to do with an ongoing correspondence of "mine" in the long distance range, then let's juggle the word leftovers again, because i never hesitated, not even being the fool rather than an idolized female dream...

and then..... what has this got to do with it.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY_Sq_euI6w&feature=related
\!!
Quotes of the day Watch?v=ZY_Sq_euI6w&feature=related
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Your hate is such a wonderfull thing to give an loving embrace to
DEG
via the thoughts of Thich Nhat Hant
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:05 pm

dearlg1 wrote:
Your hate is such a wonderful thing to give an loving embrace to
DEG
via the thoughts of Thich Nhat Hanh

Thich is a master, and I think you've understood him well with this saying. It's so very simple that any child should get it, yet it's somehow difficult to understand for most of us most of the time. You have to know how to go deep within your own mind and not just the consciousness to grok this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Lavender asks....
Pretty: should this hesitation have anything to do with an ongoing correspondence of "mine" in the long distance range, then let's juggle the word leftovers again

No sweetie, your words are just fine, and I would go over them and over them for pleasure. It honestly is a positive statement for me. It is the letting go of fear of death. A beautiful happenstance for someone about to die. True? Mind you, the hesitation is soooo sweet too! I love you
Back to top Go down

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:40 pm

Mayflow wrote:
dearlg1 wrote:
Your hate is such a wonderful thing to give an loving embrace to
DEG
via the thoughts of Thich Nhat Hanh

Thich is a master, and I think you've understood him well with this saying. It's so very simple that any child should get it, yet it's somehow difficult to understand for most of us most of the time. You have to know how to go deep within your own mind and not just the consciousness to grok this! Very Happy

even letting all thought die and all knowing with it, what comes after that is plain pain.

vision and sensation received as sent. confirmed yes.

someone has to do the weeping, i guess.

it always strikes me how some people seem to be seeking the adventure of not being.
i know what it's like.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:36 am

Makes me think of that monk in the tree, why is it so important that he learn how to deal with the pain of the position.

Makes me think of that pain/pleasure thing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:37 am

Hatred is a perfect something to love on a rainy day... I love you
Back to top Go down

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:06 am

Prettybirds wrote:
Makes me think of that monk in the tree, why is it so important that he learn how to deal with the pain of the position.

Makes me think of that pain/pleasure thing Twisted Evil

oh!

i had not thought about this in the presentation, to be honest.

but come to think of it, pain tolerance levels are proven to vary widely, and definitely between women and men, generally.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:09 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:18 am

Prettybirds wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

dat a painkiller? Quotes of the day Women34
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:21 am

Sweet hesitation..... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:54 pm

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:22 am

Not really a quote, but: Happy Pi Day, everyone.

Pi day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quotes of the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes of the day   Quotes of the day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quotes of the day
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next