BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Course in Miracles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

The Course in Miracles Empty
PostSubject: The Course in Miracles   The Course in Miracles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:29 pm

This is a course in miracles. It is a required course. Only the time you take it is voluntary.
Free will does not mean that you can establish the curriculum.
It means only that you can elect what you want to take at a given time.
The course does not aim at teaching the meaning of love, for that is beyond what can be taught.
It does aim, however, at removing the blocks to the awareness of love's presence,
which is your natural inheritance. The opposite of love is fear,
but what is all-encompassing can have no opposite.
This course can therefore be summed up very simply in this way:

Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists
l

Back to top Go down
Jonathan Ainsley Bain
:SPOCK: - Ship's physicist.
Jonathan Ainsley Bain

PostSubject: Re: The Course in Miracles   The Course in Miracles Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 8:28 am

signed up
now what?
Back to top Go down
http://flight-light-and-spin.com
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

PostSubject: Re: The Course in Miracles   The Course in Miracles Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:48 pm

Jonathan Ainsley Bain wrote:
signed up
now what?

All are signed up and no one left out. A Course in Miracles is a complete self-study spiritual thought system. As a three-volume curriculum consisting of a Text, Workbook for Students, and Manual for Teachers, it teaches that the way to universal love and peace—or remembering God—is by undoing guilt through forgiving others. The Course thus focuses on the healing of relationships and making them holy. A Course in Miracles also emphasizes that it is but one version of the universal curriculum, of which there are "many thousands." Consequently, even though the language of the Course is that of traditional Christianity, it expresses a non-sectarian, non-denominational spirituality. A Course in Miracles therefore is a universal spiritual teaching, not a religion.

The Text presents the theory of the Course and has built into its study the development of the experience of forgiveness that is the Course's goal for the student. In this regard, A Course in Miracles states that "its goal for you is happiness and peace." (Text, p. 241) (T-13.II.7:1) The Text also explains the basis for fear and guilt, and how they can be overcome through miracles, which are defined as maximal "expressions of love." The miracle is defined as the shift in perception from fear to love.

The Workbook for Students consists of 365 lessons, an exercise for each day of the year. This one-year training program begins the process of changing the student's mind and perception, though it is not intended to bring one's learning to completion. As stated in the Preface to the Course, "At the end, the reader is left in the hands of his or her own Internal Teacher, Who will direct all subsequent learning as He sees fit." (Preface: ix)

The Manual for Teachers is written in question-and-answer form and provides answers to some of the more likely questions a student might ask. It also includes clarification of a number of terms the Course uses, explaining them within the theoretical framework of the Text and for their practical application through the Workbook.

A Course in Miracles was "scribed" by Dr. Helen Schucman through a process of inner dictation she identified as coming from Jesus. A clinical and research psychologist and tenured Associate Professor of Medical Psychology, she was assisted by Dr. William Thetford, her department head, who was also a tenured Professor of Medical Psychology at the Medical Center where they both worked.

A Course in Miracles was first published in 1975, the year Dr. Schucman assigned copyright of the Course to the Foundation for Inner Peace (FIP). In 1996 FIP assigned the copyright and trademark to the Foundation for A Course in Miracles (FACIM). There are currently about three million copies of the Course in circulation worldwide. Translations in Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovene, Spanish, and Swedish are also available, with many other translations now in progress.

What exactly, then, is A Course in Miracles? The summary introduction, which appears in its Text, is quite succinct and brief. It reads:

"This is a course in miracles. It is a required course. Only the time you take it is voluntary. Free will does not mean that you can establish the curriculum. It means only that you can elect what you want to take at a given time. The course does not aim at teaching the meaning of love, for that is beyond what can be taught. It does aim, however, at removing the blocks to the awareness of love's presence, which is your natural inheritance. The opposite of love is fear, but what is all-encompassing can have no opposite."

This Course can therefore be summed up very simply in this way:

"Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God."
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Ainsley Bain
Jonathan Ainsley Bain

PostSubject: Re: The Course in Miracles   The Course in Miracles Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:06 pm

So i ask this question:

I know of people that abuse others horrifically,
the place i live in is riddled with fear and spite

i try and teach the path of peace
and become the object of that hatred
where upon i withdraw when i feel the force of
vengeance seep within me

sometimes, it seems, i perhaps withdraw too late
as it takes years to recover,
but all the while the abusers continue

i know that it will do me no good
to let vengeance overtake me

but it is a small world
and after a while it becomes impossible to avoid
the abusers, even though my wounds are not healed
and the sheer ignorance
of many such abusers is just compounding

and i feel that even though i have become adept at avoiding
retaliation, eventually war will break out

i see people like Putin, who have had no choice but to
step in and put an end to the abuse using minimal force
and i applaud his actions

but it is like watching a train crash in slow motion
you shout and wave and try and do something

but in the end all you can do is take shelter
behind a tree, but the tree catches fire,
so you hide in the sea,

and the waves are ever larger
and seem ready to envelop me

send in the cavalry

Back to top Go down
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: The Course in Miracles   The Course in Miracles Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 7:39 pm

The Course in Miracles Year_o10
\!! The Course in Miracles Shovel10
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Ainsley Bain
Jonathan Ainsley Bain

PostSubject: Re: The Course in Miracles   The Course in Miracles Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 7:51 pm

haha yes, the cavalry needs to gallop at full speed,
i think that they're busy with the Ukraine, which certainly seems most in need of 'em
Back to top Go down
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: The Course in Miracles   The Course in Miracles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:46 am

The Course in Miracles Gaspum11

http://ukraine-digest.com/agriculture

\!!

The Course in Miracles Graphics-furniture-895866
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Ainsley Bain
Jonathan Ainsley Bain

PostSubject: Re: The Course in Miracles   The Course in Miracles Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:20 am

Quote :
Ukraine’s rich, black soil is one of the country's greatest resources. It is becoming increasingly important to the rest of the world. The vast fields of wheat, barley, rye, oats...

I wonder that the reason for their being the most corrupt nation on the planet has something to do with the fact that their main crops are all the worst forms of GLUTEN?

I firmly believe that 80% of psychological problems have food allergy as a major component, if not the outright cause.
Back to top Go down
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: The Course in Miracles   The Course in Miracles Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Jonathan Ainsley Bain wrote:
Quote :
Ukraine’s rich, black soil is one of the country's greatest resources. It is becoming increasingly important to the rest of the world. The vast fields of wheat, barley, rye, oats...

I wonder that the reason for their being the most corrupt nation on the planet has something to do with the fact that their main crops are all the worst forms of GLUTEN?

I firmly believe that 80% of psychological problems have food allergy as a major component, if not the outright cause.

\!!
yeah, it's high time for a joint pondering of all these incompatibilities ....

The Course in Miracles Easter-graphics-79

The Course in Miracles Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhS-mrf1xgZkkYZo-tJGHuI_1WVLaaTS4K8hDE44_Jpqp_3ICN

The Course in Miracles Miracl10
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Ainsley Bain
Jonathan Ainsley Bain

PostSubject: Re: The Course in Miracles   The Course in Miracles Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 5:11 am

And FEEEED those kids lots of sugar, gluten and lactose
to celibrate!
Back to top Go down
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: The Course in Miracles   The Course in Miracles Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:05 pm

where did the elephants go?

The Course in Miracles Ameise_0008

(one plane is enough .... miracle turning to wonder)

"Elephants And Ants"

Shadows on the ground, the sun is beating down
On your back now
Elephants and ants, the humble and the grand
In the act now

Challenges and trials, the baggage and denial
And the worry
Story of my life, I wanna get it right
In a hurry

You've got to give it your all

Thunder and some gray, the clouds are threatening rain
In the distance
Up the mountain pass, I'm counting on the chance
It will miss us

yep \!! The Course in Miracles Happy-dancing-elephant-smiley-emoticon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Course in Miracles   The Course in Miracles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Course in Miracles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BreakAwayForum :: The Mystical Gardens :: Spirit Mountain :: The sacred grounds-
Jump to: