BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ignorance is not always bliss

Go down 
+4
Romana
lightsun
Nataskin
dearlg1
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

Ignorance is not always bliss Empty
PostSubject: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:47 pm

Talk may be cheap but not caring how people feel can and does cause pain even on internet forums where faces are not seen. When uncalculated spiteful words are used it does hurt and sometimes badly. Be mindful of other people feelings and care about what they think. Believe me it does mater, even if you can't see them.
Back to top Go down
Nataskin

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:44 pm

dearlg1 wrote:
Talk may be cheap but not caring how people feel can and does cause pain even on internet forums where faces are not seen. When uncalculated spiteful words are used it does hurt and sometimes badly. Be mindful of other people feelings and care about what they think. Believe me it does mater, even if you can't see them.

Pretty words, darling one. Stay true to them.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Nataskinill wrote:
dearlg1 wrote:

Pretty words, darling one. Stay true to them.
I always try, but at times I can be the worst offender of them all. That is why I posted this reminder to mostly myself to be as nice as possible. Thank you for the reminder. I need it.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:55 pm

I agree with your words. It goes to the old adage of if you can't say something nice, don't
say anything at all. It also goes along with my non negative energy philosophy. I will
endeavor to not think, speak, or act negatively. I have posted it on Mayflow's older site,
sharing ideas. It is listed here, in this forum, under Mayflow's united freedom fleet.
Perhaps I should post it here, as others have not yet visited this site of how to make this
a more perfect world.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 5:02 am

lightsun wrote:
I agree with your words. It goes to the old adage of if you can't say something nice, don't
say anything at all. It also goes along with my non negative energy philosophy. I will
endeavor to not think, speak, or act negatively. I have posted it on Mayflow's older site,
sharing ideas. It is listed here, in this forum, under Mayflow's united freedom fleet.
Perhaps I should post it here, as others have not yet visited this site of how to make this
a more perfect world.
Yes please do, perfection is achievable but it takes effort and patience, if there is time.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:23 pm

dearlg1, here is the web address "how to make the world a more perfect place", where I wrote down my
non negative energy philosophy. I don't know when I will post it on this site also.
http://www.freeforum101.com/wildthing/viewforum.php?f=43&=wildthing
Please feel free to write any feedback at the other site, here or both.
Have a good day & week.

Last edited by lightsun on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:15 pm

lightsun wrote:
dearlg1, here is the web address "how to make the world a more perfect place", where I wrote down my
non negative energy philosophy. I don't know when I will post it on this site also.
http://www.freeforum101.com/wildthing/viewforum.php?=43&=wildthing
Please feel free to write any feedback at the other site, here or both.
Have a good day & week.

I clicked the link and it told me this: The forum you selected does not exist.
I do want to see it.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:34 pm

I'm sorry, i'll have to recheck that web address from Mayflow.
Try this one please.
http://www.freeforum101.com
This is Mayflow's older site.
Check at close to the bottom of the page, for Lightsun.
I periodically check out the site to see if new members are
registering. Also it needs to be updated.
"how to make this a more perfect world".
Please let me know how it turned out.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Dearlg1, I corrected the mistake on the web address above. You can now access "how to make this a more
perfect world" by the web address given in my first post above. It is refreshing to find others on the path who
wish for peace, enlightenment, non-violence in this world. One of many things I admire about Mayflow is
ability to write so prodigiously with creative talent. I write, but I have to wait for inspiration and moments in
time. Best of luck. Blessings. P.S. If you have creative ideas on how to make this a better world, or what is
needed,then please, please write them down.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:57 pm

The one thing that would stop the violence in the world instantly is looking inward instead of outward. Humanity should know the self and be at peace with themselves by nurturing the three treasures: vitality, energy, spirit. If this would happen everyone would be at peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:00 am

hello to everyone here!

so glad to have found you to be not only nice, but kind....

do you know how many people in the world are in need of this comfort?

treasuring not only your words, but your being!

sunny
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:51 am

lavender orchid wrote:
hello to everyone here!

so glad to have found you to be not only nice, but kind....

do you know how many people in the world are in need of this comfort?

treasuring not only your words, but your being!

sunny
So true lavender orchid, so true. Nice to hear from you.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:54 am

Welcome lavender child, make yourself at home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 12:46 pm

thank you, lightsun and dearlg1, may i share a little sound of happiness, just for today?

hearing..
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:33 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
thank you, lightsun and dearlg1, may i share a little sound of happiness, just for today?

hearing..
Thanks for the tune. I'm glad it wasn't Pantera bom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:47 pm

dearlg1 wrote:
lavender orchid wrote:

hearing..

oh.... do you say this to mean either black humor or slapstick..?

scratch
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:06 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
dearlg1 wrote:
lavender orchid wrote:

hearing..

oh.... do you say this to mean either black humor or slapstick..?

scratch
Just a weak attempt at slapstick...very weak. Smile lavender orchid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:24 am

lightsun wrote:
say anything at all.
It also goes along with my non negative energy philosophy. I will
endeavor to not think, speak, or act negatively.
I have never liked this adage. If we all abided by it, much needful communication would not take place. I suppose it all hinges upon one's definitions of nice and negative. Is it negative to tell a student he has made a mistake, or nice to tell a patient she has cancer? There is obvious harm in withholding such information. Even when conveyed in the kindest possible manner, however, these are words most of us might not enjoy hearing, but the world is full of negative and unpleasant things, and we are shortsighted and foolish when we refuse to acknowledge them.

dearlg1 wrote of the need to care about what others are feeling. Is it not better instead to care about why they are feeling as they are? Especially if the feeling is negative, examination of the root cause is more likely to bring relief or resolution than is dwelling upon the feeling itself. We may wish for others to be nice, but it may be preferable for them simply to be good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:23 am

Romana wrote:
lightsun wrote:
say anything at all.
I have never liked this adage. If we all abided by it, much needful communication would not take place. I suppose it all hinges upon one's definitions of nice and negative. Is it negative to tell a student he has made a mistake, or nice to tell a patient she has cancer? There is obvious harm in withholding such information. Even when conveyed in the kindest possible manner, however, these are words most of us might not enjoy hearing, but the world is full of negative and unpleasant things, and we are shortsighted and foolish when we refuse to acknowledge them.

dearlg1 wrote of the need to care about what others are feeling. Is it not better instead to care about why they are feeling as they are? Especially if the feeling is negative, examination of the root cause is more likely to bring relief or resolution than is dwelling upon the feeling itself. We may wish for others to be nice, but it may be preferable for them simply to be good.

hi romana,

i read your post and your words sound like me ....

there is, however, some teaching underway here ... like seeing at short distance and also at long distance, the pathways we and the others are taking.

dunno if i found good words to say it, but at least they express pretty well what i came to understand so far.
Smile
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 11:02 am

lavender orchid wrote:
Romana wrote:
lightsun wrote:
say anything at all.

hi romana,

i read your post and your words sound like me ....

there is, however, some teaching underway here ... like seeing at short distance and also at long distance, the pathways we and the others are taking.

dunno if i found good words to say it, but at least they express pretty well what i came to understand so far.
Smile
Somethings should be said, if indeed it is deemed necessary to be said. Although unnecessarily placed or intentionally placed negativity is what I am referring to. flower
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:46 pm

I agree with your words, Romana, they were concise and succinct.
I suppose when I speak about being non negative, it is to use common sense. To not be
malicious, revengeful, spitefull. The reason I did not say this because of the power of
human denial and rationalization, and of being ruled by emotional reasoning.
It is no matter what we do (I am generalizing), we were made to do it, or the other person
deserved it. We can be ruled by our passions in the heat of the moment and commit evil
with self righteous anger.
Romana, "...but the world is full of negative and unpleasant things, and we are short sighted
and foolish when refuse to acknowledge them". I agree completely to the statement of
facts. A hurricane struck, there is an accident and three people are dead, I am undergoing
surgery tomorrow etc. The world can not survive without stating facts.
I am against using negative pejoratives and not problem solving. To be more precise with
our use of words, and not use cognitive distortions and fallacious reasoning.
Example: a football player dropped a ball, instead of you idiot, use statement of fact. "You
dropped the ball. A son did not mow the lawn. Instead of the father yelling your lazy, make
a statement of fact. "Son, you did not mow the lawn". Then let the child describe why they
didn't and what were the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Disappropriated

Disappropriated

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:42 am

I think that that's one of the ugliëst ideas I've ever seen in writing. Concern shouldn't be placed on what offends the man, but why the man should be offended. To wilfully control one's speech in fear that it might offend goes against that most important principle of Freedom of Speech.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:52 am

Disappropriated wrote:
I think that that's one of the ugliëst ideas I've ever seen in writing. Concern shouldn't be placed on what offends the man, but why the man should be offended. To wilfully control one's speech in fear that it might offend goes against that most important principle of Freedom of Speech.
freedom to offend for no good reason just because you can?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:04 am

Disappropriated wrote:

so it may seem to one refusing to learn.
btw. you may see this as a polite welcome.
Back to top Go down
Disappropriated

Disappropriated

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:44 am

lavender orchid wrote:
Disappropriated wrote:

so it may seem to one refusing to learn.
btw. you may see this as a polite welcome.

Thank you for the welcome, unnecessary as is.

And how do you determine if someone is refusing to learn?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ignorance is not always bliss
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BreakAwayForum :: Nice Alley - for the nice to be even nicer-
Jump to: