BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Buddhism 101

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:38 pm

A view of the world and why it is the way it is...

How should one look at the world? We know, in terms of soul age and also in terms of Karma...with a bit of a stretch of the mind(less for some, more for others)how we repeat lives to cover at least all signs once...
Since we understand the human species in terms of a learning curve...What does that mean as far as getting rid of world woes? Would we have to, all of us, be old and wise at the same time? Would there be any other way to be rid of angst? As it stands now, as a species, we are not all capable of foresight and acceptance and it is for a very real reason, we are all different ages and all different capabilities...just as with human age, as it is with soul age...is it a problem to be fixed or a reality to be accepted?

Birds I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
A view of the world and why it is the way it is...

How should one look at the world? We know, in terms of soul age and also in terms of Karma...with a bit of a stretch of the mind(less for some, more for others)how we repeat lives to cover at least all signs once...
Since we understand the human species in terms of a learning curve...What does that mean as far as getting rid of world woes? Would we have to, all of us, be old and wise at the same time? Would there be any other way to be rid of angst? As it stands now, as a species, we are not all capable of foresight and acceptance and it is for a very real reason, we are all different ages and all different capabilities...just as with human age, as it is with soul age...is it a problem to be fixed or a reality to be accepted?

Birds I love you

are there really should's in this overwhelmingly fierce independence? Embarassed

my expressive means are limited. not my perceptive "faculties", however.

my questions move in different directions, apart from wisdom having anything to do with age or angst not traced back to origins in the thought range of 'why'... why so, why accepting a freedom rather destructive than productive?
i do not see individuality endangered, but instead possibilities extending in good matches and great team work.
social injustice is irksome and utterly traumatic, imho.

p.s. fixing might lead to fixation, which i don't have up my sleeve yet.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:25 pm

Lavender wrote,
my expressive means are limited.

I say silly girl...you cover ervery angle from abstract to razor sharp with both images, songs and verbally.

All of our questions are different yes, we are all asking away...with pleasure and unabashedness.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:44 pm

Lightsun wrote,
Some will somehow prevail and find a way. Others will suffer for what to them seems and feels as an eternity of punishment. All for the misdeeds of ignorant parents who were not prepared to have children or quite frankly of being worthy of being a parent and caring the honor that should go with it.

A loss of generosity of spirit from parents...shared No

Sending you more than just appreciation but a deepest of understandings...

Another song That makes me think of you, Sade, King of Sorrow.
You are a very inspirational muse to me. Thank-you for sharing yourself in here.

I love you
Birds
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Lightsun wrote,
I believe in first and foremost the children. I believe in parenting classes. I believe in teaching both emotional intelligence as well as cognitive science to help produce a more rational, loving and compassionate humane humanity. This is but a start. There is much more I believe in but this is a start.

You are such a Cancer, absolutely lovely. I can't wait till you side step back in this direction!
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:09 pm

lightsun wrote:
To Prettybirds, Romana, lavender orchid & missing friends Mayflow and dearlg1, this is a response to some of your queries, and concepts. First : Romana wrote, (1). "I have never claimed to be normal." I do not consider myself normal. In fact I am coming to the conclusion that there is no such thing as normal per se. It is embracing oneself and being true to oneself. Romana wrote, (2). "...also will not automatically feel fear for something simply because others..." I find this enlightening. I personally am scared of jellyfish. I also fear sharks when swimming in the ocean.
I much prefer to swim with numerous other people rather than alone in a lone, hostile and foreboding ocean with creatures undefined swimming under and around me.

I too fear the mighty jelly fish, especially the clear ones in the sand after a storm and the tides gone out. But I love sitting on the old train bridge to watch the tides bring them and many other beautiful types into the bay. No swimming when the tides coming in!

In the pounding serf against the beach rocks, I hear them call to me.
Back from the past, to mark the time, to make sure I remember.
How many have placed footfalls there, 239 years of us, how could I forget.
Tragedy and sorrow blow around on the wind, happiness and the future reflect in the sunset
The thunderous waves will forever echo the lives of my ancestors inside me, their past.
The lines of a birthright defined by my blood...by our blood.

Embracing oneself and being true to oneself...yes, I agree! I love you

Birds

Last edited by Prettybirds on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:37 pm

Your words remind me of this:

The Old Ways
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:34 am

Romana wrote:

The Old Ways

makes me want to feel glad they do!

will certainly stay around to explore why this is so and how useful this truly can be.

study + I love you
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:05 am

I want to go home... Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:59 am

A tragedy of past, a loss so heavy, every heart knows it's face.
So big, so undroppable, left for generations to bear, lifetimes of influence.
A monster who feeds on our generosity of spirit, leaving all the destruction such a feat could conspire.

A little girl with her basket, looks out at her world, looks out at her family and sees this and sighs...
Determined, she knows, this needs to be fixed.
Through the quiet hours of rejection, the even longer hours of recognition, she ponders, so long and hard.
Determined she knows, this has to be fixed!

A little bit older, she takes stalk of her basket, there was never much to share, not much in there.
Basket in hand, she looks out past the shore.
Determined still, the years just confirming, this needs to be fixed, this has to be fixed!
Basket in hand, she steps out past the shore.

In a pea-green dinghy, the oars in hand, the sun just rising beyond the land, this girl and her basket,
Went looking for what she thought.
A remedy of spirit, a creature of some sort who could devour the monster, a fix she knew was needed.
She went looking for what she thought.

A lot older now, she takes stalk again, noticing how heavy her basket had become, lots now to spare .
Her thought, is to give what wasn't there to share.
Allotments of kindness, compartments of stability proven to instill peace, hankies for tears, respect.
Her thought, is to give what wasn't there to share.

So here she is, so here I am, her basket is full, my heart is full, such a glorious, long awaited feeling.
Such a long awaited understanding.
So sure is she, that what she found, will not only devour the monster but plant a georgous garden too!

Once again she looks upon the shore, seeing the pea-green dinghy, she ponders its meaning.
I have to get in that, she says to herself.
Hoisting the basket she gives it a toss, to her dismay, it poked a hole in the dinghy! Hand on hip.
How can I get in that? She says to herself.

Hauling out her basket, she gives it a shake, laid out on the sand, each item with care and attention.
Refusing to admit a sense of despair.
Next came the dinghy, its pea-green so inviting, yet in such need of repair, still no despair.
Refusing to admit, there's no tools for repair.

Holy cow, she says when the dinghy's on shore, looking at her patch kit, a needle and thread, this just won't do.
You know, she says, I need some glue.
Looking around, up shore and down, she looks up into the clouds to query the universe for where.
You know, she says, she needs some glue.

From way out past the dunes, in the shimmering heat, a figure appeared, so dark in front of the sun.
Startled, she wonders if she should run.
She can hear a clanking and a clinking, not musical but soothing, got her to thinking, even if she is,
Startled, she wonders, where would she run.

Quickly and carefully, she repacks her basket, puts on the lid, sits on it to wait, chin in hand.
Closer and closer, it is a man.
Looking up to the universe again, she musses with her hair, all the time wondering will he understand.
Closer and closer, she's right, it's a man.

The figure, on the crest of the dune, grew so large, she closed her eyes and gripped her basket lid.
He, took over the sky.
So entranced by the sound, ears full, the universe, blew right threw her, she held on for the ride!
He, took her over the sky.

After the rush, long after the sound, she opened her eyes, looking down at her feet, toes tucked in the sand.
A tube of Crazy Glue! What a smile.
Up went her face, a look to the sky, with a wonderful shout, she said 'Thanks for the glue!', a hug for you.
A tube of Crazy Glue, what a happy smile.

To my muse, I'm still not finished!

I love you

Last edited by Prettybirds on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:32 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:36 am

Prettybirds wrote:
A tragedy of past, a loss so heavy, every heart knows it's face.
So big, so undroppable, left for generations to bear, lifetimes of influence.
A monster who feeds on our generosity of spirit, leaving all the destruction such a feat could conspire.

A little girl with her basket, looks out at her world, looks out at her family and sees this and sighs...
Determined, she knows, this needs to be fixed.
Through the quiet hours of rejection, the even longer hours of recognition, she ponders, so long and hard.
Determined she knows, this has to be fixed!

A little bit older, she takes stalk of her basket, there was never much to share, not much in there.
Basket in hand, she looks out past the shore.
Determined still, the years just confirming, this needs to be fixed, this has to be fixed!
Basket in hand, she steps out past the shore.

In a pea-green dinghy, the oars in hand, the sun just rising beyond the land, this girl and her basket,
Went looking for what she thought.
A remedy of spirit, a creature of some sort who could devour the monster, a fix she knew was needed.
She went looking for what she thought.

A lot older now, she takes stalk again, noticing how heavy her basket had become, lots to share now.
Her thought is to give what wasn't there to share.
Allotments of kindness, compartments of stability proven to instill peace, hankies for tears, respect.
Her thought is to give what wasn't there to share.

So here she is, so here I am, her basket is full, my heart is full, such a glorious, long awaited feeling.
So sure is she, that what she found, will not only devour the monster but plant a garden too!

Once again she looks upon the shore, seeing the pea-green dinghy, she ponders its meaning.
I have to get in that, she says to herself.
Hoisting the basket she gives it a toss, to her dismay, it poked a hole in the dinghy!
How can I get in that, she says to herself.

Ps I'll have to finish it later, I have to go...

im*part.... transfix.. what to face.... \!!

I love you
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:23 pm

Lavender you crazy woman! do you ever sleep? 6 hours ahead huh, 4:30, its only 10:30 here and just had a verse come to mind...
I went out into the night clouds for a dance with you, such a warm feeling I get from your energy... I love you
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:29 pm

Romana, I searched for you too, give me a bit of time...I'll find you and then we can dance too! I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
Lavender you crazy woman! do you ever sleep? 6 hours ahead huh, 4:30, its only 10:30 here and just had a verse come to mind...
I went out into the night clouds for a dance with you, such a warm feeling I get from your energy... I love you

sweet... some rumbles .... a warning .... it's friendly though .... wait, i'm looking for a pic to send.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Is saddness really at the root of disallusionment? Does it need be? Can it be merely a practical reason, rather than a deep seated root? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
Is saddness really at the root of disallusionment? Does it need be? Can it be merely a practical reason, rather than a deep seated root? scratch

Pretty: which glasses should i wear to read this with the utmost correctness and fairness?

i respond. the scope can be much much wider than the exercised dialectics.
there's a pic somewhere about fractal dreams, titled, "lament".
is my sadness only mine? study

Smile I love you
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
At the root of disillusionment is truth. We shed our illusions and see reality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:47 pm

i must be an onion ....
Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Monazone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:09 pm

Prettybirds wrote:

Pretty: i read. what one can read. choice has been a copout, the root goes much deeper.

roots memory, btw.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:46 am

Romana wrote:

The Old Ways

Again this morning, I could not even explain how this song is effecting me....

They come to me,
gather me close.
Whisper me clean,
show me the way...
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:58 am

All I know is that when I channel disillusionment what I find as a current is sadness...love or truth are the vehicle, emotion is the gas.

I think I'm channeling Lightsun, each of these forum sections carries it's own energy signature and I literally float around on it and let it shape me...that is the little story, the poetry,
Perhaps a bit powerful with him because of how much of our energy resonates out of our past...his need to express it and define it....such like my own....

Birds
I love you you all for what you have given me!
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siXe7bKt1q0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siXe7bKt1q0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7sH5QLyXY
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:30 am

the current around this set of pages is so strong....

yesterday, I had to go to the lab for some work....on the way out, a man was leaving another room and we had to rub shoulders to get past each other. At the moment we touched, he said to me under his breath, quiet for my ears only....Hi Pretty.
In what universe, did that come from me or him....
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:51 am

A channeler's life, such a blessing in disguise! I love you Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:47 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
A channeler's life, such a blessing in disguise! I love you Question

Pretty: let me channel some sobriety into this apparent neptunian/uranian interstate...
"you need grounding!"~ right now... I love you

what we feel, or sense, is that which the expertly trained intellect(ual) cannot express but instead seeks to close this gap by developing tech devices and bureaucratic measures ....

if more of us would endeavour to bear out this discomfort of letting the felt and sensed leftover reality fully assemble its shattered pieces, our world could heal.

much love from here; the moments this "girl friday" can help fix are like highly charged nano particles charged with insights into the wisdom of our ancients..

again, as always, let grace and joy have the last word i would share with you, no matter any current discomfort.

much love and affection to all of you. Arrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buddhism 101   Buddhism 101 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buddhism 101
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BreakAwayForum :: The Dharma Center :: Bodhisattva Inspirations-
Jump to: