BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Learning lifes lessons eh?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:14 am

Prettybirds wrote:
Does anything yet about the Hermit ring true to you?

I assume you are asking whether any of it applies to me. I have annotated your description of the Hermit (bold italics) with my thoughts (plain font).

The Hermit or religious recluse, is a familiar figure in many religions. He symbolizes the need to withdraw from the world for awhile to contemplate the meaning of life. By deliberately isolating himself, he is able to concentrate completely on union with spiritual powers. A Hermit retires to the wilderness, to the top of a lonely mountain, or a distant cave for his solitary home. Here he learns inner wisdom and listens to the voice of his higher self.Most Hermits in Tarot are carrying a torch/lamp. The symbol of spiritual light and knowledge.

The idea of withdrawing in order to concentrate on a subject of contemplation is quite applicable, but I am more likely to be considering scientific or intellectual questions than spiritual, though those are also present and significant. I do my best work and my clearest thinking alone, and need significant blocks of time on a regular basis for this purpose, else I become not only unproductive but irritated and stressed. My home is a refuge in this respect, and has been selected and set up to facilitate quiet and privacy and to minimize intrusions. Having a peaceful, undisturbed place to work has always been important to me, almost a necessity.

This card is paired with Virgo the virgin, which governs the 6th house of the natural zodiac. Virgo is traditionally the sign of work and service to others. These ideas are found in the Hermit too, but here they also have a spiritual meaning. Selfless service is a way to rid ourselves of arrogance and conceit. As such, it is used by Buddhism and Christianity, amongst others, as a means of purifying the soul. Nine is the number of the Hermit, a number of completion, creativity and the universe. The Fool has learnt many things on his journey, the next stage of initiation has been reached but he must sit quietly for awhile.

The idea of service as expressed here is off the mark. My vocation is inquiry, not service, though adding to human knowledge and understanding is worthwhile, and often brings tangible benefits. What service I give to others is often not selfless, though in my perspective that does not lessen its value. It is more accurate to say that I am goal oriented, and my goals often involve improving things for everyone rather than just myself, whether it be at work, or in other activities. Many descriptions of Virgo I have read mention industry, practicality, and productivity, which are more relevant. They also mention being conservative, preserving the status quo, and focusing on details at the expense of the big picture, which are completely wrong.

Practical application...it signifies a need to be alone in order to think, perhaps you have finished a project and need to think about whats next. It may show an increased desire to enlighten yourself either in the moment or life spanning. The Hermit makes a good teacher and sometimes points to another person who is/will teach you. The Hermit warns of thoughtless action. Take as much time as you need and consider every angle. Silence is golden as it illuminates the path ahead. When shown in a spread reversed ( up side down )it shows a life of empty chatter and a fear to be alone. The need for noise, distractions for fear of looking to deep inside. Suggests not to reject advice given. Sometimes can portray an obstinance and a refusal to listen. A reversed Hermit tells you to re-examine your life and your preoccupations..

I definitely need to be alone to think and simply to recharge, and I am constantly exploring and learning new things, both practical and more esoteric. I do function in some respects as a teacher, though I am not sure how successful I am here. And I rarely act without thought. I might make an error in judgment, but that just means that my thought process was betrayed by poor information or faulty logic, not that no thought was given. Silence, indeed, is golden, and I have no fear of being alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:29 am

completely self-satisfactory information so far.
personal situation and circumstance impenetrable and inaccessible to further scrutiny than assumptions which appear to become increasingly undesirable (to any outside perception).

what would be the subject of inquiry?
are there any why's or how's and have they been supported by other HUMAN BEINGS taken for granted?

habit patterns is what this virgo not only seeks to explore but change, within the relativism or limits imposed by deliberation or unconsciously.
habit patterns which one carries forth and passes on with more or less consideration for consequences in mental, physical, social environments still being wholesome.

have these recluses ever experienced real isolation as a sanction imposed on them while living with the accusatory argument it was freely chosen?

\!!
out of body? wonderfully described by others.
out of mind? listen to bob dylan, e.g.
out of context? which one?
out of sorts, to avoid the appropriate word for it.

i do have friends here, but does that make me strong enough to survive on the raven path?
lions lying with lambs, just the invention of a legend?

one more question i am stuck with:
why is the "doctor" such an expensive factor when all his "art of healing" boils down to "you can do it yourself"?
answer, cover-all: you have no chance, so use it. ("nobody is perfect" ~~~~~ consequence: if i am not, no one else must be either).

i know those "lucky" moments of sufficient insight and spontaneous happiness where happenings in the past showed sense and purpose "beyond their commonly and mutually experienced profanity.
but the other participants are not interested in knowing nor in the supportive appreciation such moments create for relations.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:08 am

lavender orchid wrote:
completely self-satisfactory information so far.
personal situation and circumstance impenetrable and inaccessible to further scrutiny than assumptions which appear to become increasingly undesirable (to any outside perception).
Whose assumptions? Mine? Or those of people reading what I wrote?

lavender orchid wrote:
what would be the subject of inquiry?
are there any why's or how's and have they been supported by other HUMAN BEINGS taken for granted?
I have many subjects of inquiry. I am a physicist by profession, so my research at work is a significant one. I also explore various religious traditions, particularly earth-based ones, and more recently have been learning more about human thought and behavior, though I am quite the novice here. I also pursue various hobbies, old and new. I do not understand your second question here.

lavender orchid wrote:
have these recluses ever experienced real isolation as a sanction imposed on them while living with the accusatory argument it was freely chosen?

i do have friends here, but does that make me strong enough to survive on the raven path?
lions lying with lambs, just the invention of a legend?
I can speak only for myself, but I have yet to be forced to experience more isolation or solitude than I truly desire. Usually I must make do with less. Finally, what is the raven path? In another astrology system, my sign is the raven, indicative of someone who must put things to rights when others have made a mess of it.

I find some of your questions difficult to interpret, but as I understand, I will attempt to answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:27 am

thanks, Romana, your well-written words are beginning to reconcile my shyness resulting from intimidation with my "natural" curiosity and directness in communicating needs.

that should heal the sore point of assumptions which i was most unsure und insecure of.

i have been working as an office assistant with scientists as well as in public admin. that's where one would have to hear the grass grow, i.e. learn to always know what superiors need next while keeping silent on the needs of "inferiors" to which one could calculate belonging sooner or later, too.

i conclude from very frustrating experiences that social justice is no longer a goal that societies pursue (some outmoded lip service of the so-called 68 generation notwithstanding); raven for me is about "distance healing", again covering all facets of communications and understanding.

right now, i do not know whether my adaptability/"flexibility" has become a curse or a blessing, i see it well developed but little understood, ambiguities more ruinous than funny meanwhile. questions remain in a so-defined "philosophical" realm with answers retrieving perhaps as art (assisted by artists whom i can only thank for exposure).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:27 am

Pretty Birds:

i have a problem constellation with fool and hanged man.
both of whom, i must say, i see not as an integral part of me, nor is there an incarnation in need of fixing.

but i would listen to another interpretation.

p.s. with some "humor", it would turn out a phantom of the opera.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:55 am

Hi Romana!!!!! I love you How high my hearts soars to know now that you are more than merely captured words but application to its fullest...your are a scientist, your status quo is your belief that science exists and gets to bottom of things. In my mind you are well and keeping of you status quo. Status quo is relative.

" What service I give to others is often not selfless, though in my perspective that does not lessen its value."

Did you not have to be included? Your service to others for me is in your spiritual path of learning exactly what we are dealing with in terms of the real physical world in which we live. Your role as part of a whole has given the world of people a awful lot of knowledge. That is not service to others?

I have always found the true work of understanding divination comes when trying to apply its enlightenment. A good exercise for that encompasses reading many forms of the Hermit expressions as related in the practical application of doing tarot. For this I will write out a few examples. As I study them I try and find the real life application and sometimes it is surprisingly complex. However, still remains a good learning tool.

My respect for you and your abilities soars through the roof!!!!! farao queen study

Birds

PS at the time of the archaic notion of words used to depict the first rendition of the Hermit, science was religion and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi Lavender and Romana, I have some time tonight to gather some astrological and tarot data and I came across and old book of mine that gives a description of various signs in terms of relationships and friendships. Are you also a Virgo Lavender? Is that what you mean...I would like to know because as soon as I sit down to type I would love to include excerpts from this book.

Warm thoughts everyday to both of you. Razz
Birds
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:08 pm

I would welcome and appreciate any information about tarot you would be willing to share. As in many areas, my interest here well outstrips my meager knowledge. Yes, I can always surf the net for information, but being guided by someone who has experience is a definite plus.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:21 am

Who is the Hermit in terms of application? First and foremost he is a major arcana card. This fact influences his appearance by applying a certain set of rules to his desire to express himself. These rules are important and defined as such...1) most often, when seen in a spread he will either depict you or someone else as opposed to a situation. It is describing a current, past or future personal reaction/perception or the appearance of someone depicting the Hermit qualities.
2) It will be the whole spread that determines the role he plays as defined by number 1.

Given these laws, lets look at an application description:

Upright position - You have a pressing need to be by yourself in order to think and make plans. You want to unplug the telephone, cancel social arrangements and leave the door unanswered. Perhaps there is a serious decision to make, you may feel as if you have achieved everything you set out to do and so wonder whats next.
You will soon realize that there is always something new to learn, and may want to study philosophy, spiritual doctrines, or learn how to meditate. You may want to spend some time in a retreat, take some solitary walks or travel alone. Peace and quiet are important to you, and you will not lose out if you drop out of the social whirl for awhile.
Sometimes the Hermit can enter your life as a teacher. This person is unlikely to be a conventional teacher but will be someone wise and kind who can guide you in the right direction. The Hermit counsels you to listen to the advice given, for it will be worth its weight in gold.
When the Hermit appears, it can be a warning against thoughtless action. This card's message is one of prudence, caution and discretion in worldly affairs. Take as much time as you need to reach your conclusions and consider every angle. Silence is golden says the Hermit, for it illuminates the path ahead.

Reversed position - Many people hate being alone and may experience this card as enforced loneliness. They need noise, distractions and ceaseless activity for they are frightened to look too deeply into themselves( as a Hermit they are all to capable of going deep, it can be scary). This position suggests immaturity and superficiality, a life full of empty chatter.
Try not to reject advice given to you, if you receive this card. It will be sound and you would be foolish to ignore it. This position can sometimes indicated a pig-headed obstinacy and a refusal to listen.
The Hermit reversed could also be telling you that you are wasting your time in some way. Re-examine your life and your preoccupations.

Last edited by Prettybirds on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:28 am

Prettybirds wrote:
Hi Lavender and Romana, I have some time tonight to gather some astrological and tarot data and I came across and old book of mine that gives a description of various signs in terms of relationships and friendships. Are you also a Virgo Lavender? Is that what you mean...I would like to know because as soon as I sit down to type I would love to include excerpts from this book.

Warm thoughts everyday to both of you. Razz
Birds

yes, i am. doubly so. flower
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:32 am

To cool LO, this will be fun... I love you
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:33 am

Now that we have started to analyze the Hermit, lets throw some Virgo astrology into the mix to see what we can find for comparison to personality and perception. A most beautiful description of the Virgo sign is this one...a more practical one will follow.

The Virgo mystery of love...

The youthful Leo soul soon senses that the summer is ending and regretfully steps into his first awareness of the coming harvest, through the Indian Summer soul expression of Virgo. The negative Feminine Night forces return again, reminding the Virgin ( whose deeper self has remained untouched by the fleeting romances of youth ) that maturity brings stern duty and responsibility. " I analyze" says Virgo defensively, striving for perfection.
Now the evolving soul, has for the first time, become an adult, frustrated by being forced to comply with society's rules and restrictions, yet submitting gracefully with innate courtesy. These men and women have discovered that to receive their own needs they must serve others in some way. Virgo vibration teaches that one must work and make money, be of service, in order to be free to play. (money does equal lots of freedom in our world). In this, the second experience in the Earth Element, also the second experience as a Mutable Communicator, clocks and schedules assume great importance. The first job may well be disappointing. Both ideas and ideals must be shelved under the demands of work or schooling. No time now to dream. The Virgo attention is centered on scholastic excellence, or keeping up with the fierce competition of the business world. Learning and competing are both mandatory, surviving has become a near obsession.
Like the actual young adults they symbolize, Virgo souls see much to criticize around them, secretly resenting the loss of childhood innocence, having no certain idea of what lies ahead. Is it only more work, more study, more responsibility? If so, then life is serious indeed and must be faced realistically as soon as possible. It is getting later. Human flaws and imperfections assume exaggerated importance on the Virgo level. For unless Virgo brings in a fruitful harvest, life cannot continue for himself and others. It is the end of summer, the beginning of Autumn and cold winter is just around the corner. Why are all those people still laughing and playing out there? Virgo frets and worries, wondering how to warn the irresponsible that the season of pleasure is drawing to a close. The heart is still pure and filled with silent hope but now the mind is in control.
Earlier Leo enthusiasms have been replaced with resignation and quiet dreams. Virgo is driven by fear of dependence into dogged determination not to waste time or shirk duty, the consciousness ever watchful and waiting, yearning to be something better. Although once again ruled by Mercury, the soul has by now learned not to scatter the vital forces as on the Gemini level. Like the symbolic Virgin, Virgo hovers on the edge of awareness, deeply interested.

Last edited by Prettybirds on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:41 am

Virgo's positive qualities are clarity of thought, discrimination, courtesy, service to others, practicality and self honesty.
Virgo's negative expression is that of criticism, crankiness, timidity, pessimism, inferiority and hair-splitting.

Taking these 2 descriptions and comparing them to both the positive and negative aspects of the Hermit in tarot could give some insight.

The astrological description giving the mental intent, the tarot giving the practical application.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:45 am

Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Disappearing-circle

you know what's left in the seeming empty spots... I love you Like a Star @ heaven

\!!
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi, I'm going to do something a little different, By doing this perhaps I'll get my feelings out. I tried to express them earlier with LO and upon re-reading my message I can clearly see that all I got out was brain fodder and no emotion.
I am going through a very transitional stage right now. First and foremost is a very bad place with my son and his father and it is heartbreaking. My Aunt is very unwell and very poor and at the moment I can't help her but I know I can soon and I am very scared it might be too late. There are only a few of us...My Grandmother moved into my Mother's house, they are almost nasty to each other and keep pulling me in, just like old times. Last of all but not least is this stupid MS. My next round of tests start in 9 days. What I can't seem to get over or around is the just mind numbing exhaustion I feel. Even so, I force myself through it to the point that my brain actually aches. Not a headache but a brain ache.
My single most personal drive at the moment is the fact that in a few years my body is going to let me down, all I'm going to have is my brain. I tell you, I feel like if I can't figure out a way to learn and a way to reach out now I'll be screwed when people run not just from my personality but also my body.
Looking back at my messages I can see how all over the map I've been lately.
Needing a reason to ground myself, perhaps a bit of understanding or hope, I turned to my good old objective friends, the Tarot. I am going to share this with you...

First I'll explain the shuffle as it is very important. It is your connection, what allows the Tarot to read you and assemble themselves. I place them facedown on a large flat surface, then I start, with both hands, slowly turning them counter clockwise. During this process I let the cards flow wide and continually swirl them around and over each other. I kind of go into a quietness in my mind except for the focus on the cards. As this goes on I start to feel a cohesiveness with them. I start to feel them through my hands and as they come together and feel ready I am compelled to stop and regather them. Lastly, before the spread, I allow intuintion to guide my hand and break the pile in three. Usually with a little scrutiny, I pick one of three and start. This is what they had to say this time....

Next page...
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:27 pm

For the spread I did two groups of three...Sometimes when you do a spread you must view the cards as an analogy, other times they can be very poignant in their explanation. This time they are self explanitory.

1) Ace of Wands, upright/left, Nine of Swords, upright/middle, Ace of Cups, upright/right.

Ace of Wands,
Oten relates to to career opportunities and exciting new directions in working life. These may come from within in the shape of a brilliant idea or from outside in the form of a challeging new job. The Ace is expansive, optimistic and suggests that you will have all the energy you will need to fulfil all your ambitions. Whatever work you do is about to be revitalized and you should soon have the chance to develop your own ideas. Fruitful innovation is suggested here. Fire is a creative element. So the confident, fast moving energy symbolized by the Ace of Wands may manifest outside your working life. You may find a fascinating new interest or hobby. You may suddenly realize that you may want to write, paint or travel.

2) Nine of Swords,
Nine of swords represents a negtive plateau, a dark place full of fear and suffering. This may be the sum total of a tiring time, suggesting an accumulation of stress and worry. There seems to be no where to turn, no where to hide. Sleep patterns may be disrupted by nightmares, anxiety, or feelings of some vague danger. Sometimes this cards represents a real sickness, or an oppresive neighbour, painful love relationship or bereavement. Despair about any of these things has grown into a monster. There ia a negative atmosphere around the querent, which is often not entirely self created. The reaction to this however, that knowledge should not lessen the concern for the amount of suffering and anquish going on. It does point to a solution for these problems must be faced squarely and vanquished. This card points to a dark night of soul and invariably to a complex situation. Occasionally the suffering inherent in this card has been blown out of proportion and simply requires someone sensible to come up with a workable solution. At other times only time and courage will heal the wounds.

3) Ace of Cups,
Signifies the cup is overflowing with love and creativity, joy , happiness and deep abiding friendship, it represents the wealth spring of self expression. Fire and water are both creative elements but what fire grasps ideas out of nowhere, water conceives and nurtures them. When you draw the Ace of Cups in a spread you are about to be inspired. Such inperation may come from a new important relationship or be sparked of in colorful, vivid dreams. Fulfilling projects, meaningful achievement and very possibly, good emotional rapport with colleagues.

You know what, Im beat...I'll finish this in the morning friends flower
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:57 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
For the spread I did two groups of three...Sometimes when you do a spread you must view the cards as an analogy, other times they can be very poignant in their explanation. This time they are self explanitory.
Thank you for sharing this. I look forward to reading the rest. Why did you choose this particular spread? Is there any significance to the position of the cards (left, center, etc. or in one group of three or the other)?
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:36 am

To answer Romana's questions...

For me, I don't find positioning in spread or the concept that the story starts at the left and ends at the right in conclusion to be anything but restrictive. For a long time people read from right to left, what would that say about the cards and how we should read them?
When I do a spread it is a very fluid thing. Sometimes the conclusion comes first and the reason second. Depends on what is most important at the moment.
Every spread is different and you should allow them to converse freely with out control structures imposed by our physical drive for form and ritual.
When I started doing my cards, I used three cards. I shuffled the way I do now, but now I can cope with a much bigger picture and sometimes go as high a 21 cards. There 72 cards in my deck and it takes time to get to know them.
After I have split the deck into three piles I pick one and lay out seven cards. There have been times though that I felt compelled to lay out a few more off the same pile and been glad I did. Thus getting the spread when without the few extra it would not of made sense to me. It is usually a go by feel sort of thing.
From there at times I am compelled to lay out seven from the other two decks giving me 21 cards laid out like cards in the memory game but face up, a three by seven grid. I must say that I am amazed at the complexity of the story when that many cards come into play. It truly is a blueprint for communication outside the five senses. It amazes me that seven cards from three different piles can all be related to one situation. There are times however it is three different situations as in representing three different areas of your life and preoccupations. Such a fascinating ability. I have to wonder if I could take in the picture from say 40 cards if it would contain the same clarity or would it start to become diluted. Give me a few years....

My routine is one that has grown from my learned understanding of what each card wants to say and how depending on what cards surrounding it, thus its message. Understanding the 72 cards and the inter-relationship between them is no small feat. It takes time.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:38 am

For me, I don't find positioning in spread....

In so far as saying the first position means your feelings, the second other's feelings and on to the end in conclusion. However, the fact that they do indeed lay beside another card is important in terms of the big picture. They do influence each other.

Lets compare the Nine of Swords with other cards that are similar in nature but slightly different...this is where it gets complicated...

Once again the Nine of swords,

Nine of Swords,
Nine of swords represents a negative plateau, a dark place full of fear and suffering. This may be the sum total of a tiring time, suggesting an accumulation of stress and worry. There seems to be no where to turn, no where to hide. Sleep patterns may be disrupted by nightmares, anxiety, or feelings of some vague danger. Sometimes this cards represents a real sickness, or an oppressive neighbor, painful love relationship or bereavement. Despair about any of these things has grown into a monster. There is a negative atmosphere around the querent, which is often not entirely self created. The reaction to this however, that knowledge should not lessen the concern for the amount of suffering and anguish going on. It does point to a solution for these problems must be faced squarely and vanquished. This card points to a dark night of soul and invariably to a complex situation. Occasionally the suffering inherent in this card has been blown out of proportion and simply requires someone sensible to come up with a workable solution. At other times only time and courage will heal the wounds.

Now lets look at the Eight of Swords,
The Eight of Swords refers to a period of temporary restriction. Mentally, the querent feels trapped and seems unable to break free. Indeed, he or she is unable to see a solution to problems at the moment and feels very much alone in dealing with difficulties. It is important to realize that thinking about things in a fresh way encourages the capacity to loosen the bonds. Usually a lot of mental waste is going on when this card appears. Indecision, worry, and constant fretting are acting as energy blocks. However, the situation must be faced squarely and some decision arrived at in the near future. It may not be possible to take control immediately, but this is whats required in the long run. Outside help may be needed to put problems in perspective, or analyze them clearly and unemotionally. Unexpected solutions are possible.

For me the difference lies in how much of an emotional effect this situation is having on the querent. That in terms of the nine, it is more of an emotional versus rational release and in the Eight, although emotion is present it is more of a rational versus emotional release. In the nine, the compulsion is to help the person deal with the emotional blow, their feelings, so as to put clarity to a situation and why they feel so strongly and with the Eight, I feel compelled to help a person find new career options or friends due to the situation. Very similar situations but slightly different needs.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:13 am

Ok, so lets put the Ace of Wands and the Ace of cups into the mix. I love layers..... I love you

First off I'm going to expand my personal story a bit and explain to you that there is a reason why I could help my Aunt for instance, that is because I am on the verge of reaping the benefits of years of hard work. It is a very complex situation to say the least....knowing that lets explore....

To find the nine surrounded by these two Aces says this to me...

That perhaps, the practical side of the situation, has already been or is being accomplished and as such it is the emotional weight of it that is hard to take. The Aces talk about success, especially because they are upright. That, in combination with the fact that they surround the nine show productivity in practical matters, yet showing through the nine the emotional toll and that the problem stems from responsibility in success versus responsibility in failure. That is why I would feel compelled to handle this from an emotional point of view. Couple that with the fact that Wands equal material productivity and both Cups and Swords, emotional.

If they were surrounding the Eight instead, I would want to feel that the success is still germinating in the persons sub-conscious and the emotional part involves realizing that need materially in any one of the forms referred to in the Aces.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:50 am

Before this can really be expanded I want introduce two more cards...The Chariot which represents Cancer and Temperance for Sagittarius.

The Chariot in the Tarot,

'To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive, and the true success is the labor.'

A young hero or heroine stands boldly upright in a splendidly decorated chariot, drawn by two creatures - one black and one white. Yet this imposing figure rarely has control of the reins, if any are shown at all. The Chariot as a symbol is found in many mythologies. The Greek Sun god, Helios, rode his chariot across the skies everyday; Roman Mars was often shown riding in his chariot of war, while in India the Lord of the World's great chariot rumbled inexorably along the road of time. The creatures at the front are usually said to symbolize night and day, conscious and unconscious, past and present. By understanding and working with these forces, one may come to terms with duality, gain control, and in consequence succeed.
The Chariot is very much about tuning in with these cosmic cycles, and realizing that they are often more powerful than ourselves. By going against nature, we will ultimately fail and be destroyed; in many ways the Chariot is a card for our times. We have fought nature and briefly triumphed over her. Now she is fighting back.
Linked with Cancer the Crab, this card also expresses the tendency of that sign. Crabs hang on tightly, do not give up easily, and often make intuitive sideways moves. They are extremely self protective for their tough outer shell cradles a vulnerable, soft interior. Ruled by the Moon, they are more aware than most zodiacal signs of the shifting nature of the universe.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:47 am

When the Chariot appears in a spread, these are it's messages...

The Chariot - upright

You have put in a lot of hard work and are about to be rewarded. Your self discipline may have been a struggle at times, but you are coming into the home straits and victory is in sight at last. You may experience over night success. Others will tell you how lucky you are, but luck has nothing to do with it. This kind of success has been one with a battle - with yourself, or obstacles in your path. You find yourself acting in a theatrical success after years of working in draughty, provincial theaters. Your book becomes a best seller but only after it has been rejected by 20 different publishers. You win a coveted promotion by working long hours and sticking to your plan.
When the Chariot thunders into your life as a person, it represents someone who does not give up and who firmly believes in the motto, ' If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again '. Such a friend can inspire you too, for he or she will encourage you not to give in. This is a successful person or one who is about to become one. Sometimes the Chariot becomes a vehicle and brings news or friends from far flung places. In an more abstract way, it can bring you the energy to use your abilities to the full. Whatever gifts you have are meant to be used, even if this entails a struggle with-in yourself.

The Chariot - reversed

Addiction, envy and avarice. The Chariot reversed suggests negative attitudes, limitations and loss of self control. You may think the world owes you a living, or be very gifted but afraid to use your abilities. Perhaps talents come to easily or arrogance, or lack of self confidence are hindrances. This position can denote someone who buries their head in the sand using drugs or drink as a way to dull the senses and forget about reality. Also, it acts as a warning against overwhelming ambition, burning up energy sources, and wasting your resources.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:39 am

The Cancer love mystery,

The child is now an adolescent, the soul having evolved to the stage of Cancer, hovering between childhood and maturity, longing to be grown up yet hesitating to cross over to the other side. Cancer brings back the negative feminine and reflective night forces. But this second experience of night is blended with a new richer and even more sensual feeling (which was only a poetic inspiration, not yet a true reality, on the earlier Taurean level), for a change of seasons has occurred. This spring awakening has deepened into a mid-summer nights dream in all its full and fragrant beauty for these Cancerian Oberon and Titania men and women.
Now the moody, sensitive, 'Adolescent' soul vacillates between childhood dependency and the maddeningly enticing, beckoning world of adulthood. (Whats it like to be a man or a woman?) This is beautifully expressed in the experiments between human and farie worlds in Taurean Shakespeare's famed classic, 'Is it sad or happy...funny or tragic?'. The Cancerian adolescent observes the adults in the environment, uncannily perceptive of everything seen and heard. But this grown up world so intently watched hints of frequent disillusionment, and so the dreams of Crabs are troubled.
Because the new perceptions are so acute, Cancer sees in life a combination of tragedy and comedy in life as it expands through his awareness through his first excursion into the sensitive Water Element. Still, despite it's innate shyness, the Cancerian soul will not be pushed into the background, for this is it's second experience as a Cardinal leader, which can turn illogical fear into sensible caution. The Crabs wish on both the Full Moon and the New Moon. Sentiment moves the Cancerian adolescent to tears. Motivated by the need to hide true emotions, the Crabs say " I feel ", then so no one will suspect they feel so deeply, they make jokes.

Cancer's positive qualities are expressed through imagination, tenacity, tenderness, sensitivity, care and caution.
Expressed in their negative form they become stinginess, irritability, melancholy, clinging, and moody.

To Cancer, love has become important again, above all else. But it is now synonymous with home, representing emotional security - and the 'need' for love is so great that it must be disguised behind moody tears and lunar laughing.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:31 am

The Temperance card in Tarot,

Temperance depicts a female figure pouring water from one vessel to another. Sometimes this figure is a woman, sometimes an angel of indeterminate sex. The symbolic key to this card seems to lie in the name, and the idea of fluid flowing from one container to another. Most people today associate the word with abstention from alcohol, or moderation. But, it has other, older meanings which would have been in use when the cards where originally designed. Tempare in Latin means to moderate, mix, blend or otherwise bring into harmony; the angel seems to be blending the contents of her two vessels, rather than abstaining from a quick drink at the local pub.
Sometimes this card was known as Time, which mends all wounds and marches on despite our efforts to put back the clock. Tempor in Latin means 'in the time of'; we use the word for tempo to mean time in music, And as time passes the lessons of the Tarot unfold.
The liquid symbolizes the flow of life; the essential connection between conscious and unconscious; and the blending of both male and female elements without which life would not continue. Here are the left and right sides of the brain, representing logic and intuition. Yin and Yang, light and dark, hot and cold, each requires it's opposite to form a whole.
Temperance is associated with Sagittarius, the sign symbolized by the Centaur - half man, half horse. This image also represents blending - animal and human nature combined. Sagittarius is the great fiery seeker of the Zodiac, who searches for meaning above and beyond everyday experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:44 am

cheers Sad I love you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1sW9Tm34y0&feature=related

\!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
\!!
Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 09-msn_animated_crab
Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Tavern_sign_temperance2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning lifes lessons eh?   Learning lifes lessons eh? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Learning lifes lessons eh?
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next