BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The sickness is in them, not me.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
molitva

molitva

The sickness is in them, not me. Empty
PostSubject: The sickness is in them, not me.   The sickness is in them, not me. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:22 pm

I recently started a thread about Alina Solopova.  This was the second time, after the moderators had deleted a first post about her.The thread stuck for a few days, and there were replies and counter-replies.  Then a moderator deleted the entire thread off the forum as if it never existed. No surprise there.  This was expected. It was unusual that the thread lasted for a few days.  

Ironically, Alina is actually really funny. She is an internet comedian. But the mods and the trolls there cannot stop objectifying her. And that is the crux of the issue. In a different universe where people are reasonable and rational, they could have said  "This video is pretty funny, thanks".  Instead they have to imbue everything with a sexual context, then proceed to hyperventilate, freak out,  and start feverishly deleting threads.  Alina, her photographers, her friends, and her parents would be utterly confused by this strange American behavior.  There is nothing "Sexual" about her , nor her videos.  

The sickness is in them, not in Alina. Because she is young and a cosmetics model, their twisted brains immediately start thinking "sex-sex-sex".  The fact that Alina is a very good talker, and that she is presentable on camera, and could be a TV anchorwoman -- these should be the obvious things --  all these facts are overlooked by the trolls and mods. Their simple brains can only process "OMG PRETTY GIRL. YOUNG GIRL. DELETE! DELETE!"   All the extraordinary things about her are completely ignored.

This problem of over-objectification by internet denizens when it comes to young women is pervasive all over the internet, and not just a symptom of an isolated group of idiots on a philosophy forum. Any posting of photos of young women, for any reason, or with no context, is met with bizarre rants about the "hyper-sexualization of children" or some other bizarre nonsense. This is the common reaction to such photos on chat rooms even.  I have posted pictures of girls that were totally innocuous, and then sat back and watched grown adults throw a conniption fit over them.

In this article I will give two exhibits showing how the sickness of objectification is not within me nor within the girls, but in the hyper-ventilating do-gooders.  They take a totally innocent situation and imbue it with their twisted objectification, then proceed to get angry at the person who posted the photo.  As if they have  a right to get angry at a person that is somehow "making" them objectify kids.

EXHIBIT no.1  Girl with Camera.
Code:
http://i.imgur.com/ku7KxJL.jpg
If I had posted this photo on the philosophy forum, or any of a number of other places, it would doubtlessly be quickly deleted. If it were a chat room, I would be subjected to a protracted rant about the sexualization of the girls and pedophilia and all manner of self-righteous indignation.

But what does this photo really show?  It is a girl of near age 10, who recently bought new lipstick of a very bright maroon color. She put it on, and wanted to show a friend what it looked like. So she snapped a photo and sent it to her friend from school. It's totally innocent. There is nothing unusual going on here.  She is even tipping her head to move her mouth forward toward the mirror. It's a totally innocent situation and I can easily see such.  But all over the internet, people would find this photo disturbing and highly controversial.  The only remaining explanation is that they are imbuing it with their own sickness.  Their minds are perceiving something which is not there.

EXHIBIT no.2 Clothing Ad
Code:
http://i.imgur.com/Hyz88qQ.jpg
It's a clothing ad for frog pajamas.  

Okay.   That's what it is.  

And.... is it something else other than that?   Well, you can test that question by re-posting this photo on a philosophy forum, or a chat room of your choice. Then sit back and see what happens. Watch the reactions of the local posters and their moderators. I suggest this experiment to anyone who may doubt what I have said above.
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

PostSubject: Re: The sickness is in them, not me.   The sickness is in them, not me. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:58 pm

I will make them visible here, and add play around on another forum with this on a forum that I have just added to my United Freedom Fleet. 

The sickness is in them, not me. Hyz88qQ
Back to top Go down
Eclogite

PostSubject: Re: The sickness is in them, not me.   The sickness is in them, not me. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 3:49 am

molitva wrote:
This problem of over-objectification by internet denizens when it comes to young women is pervasive all over the internet, and not just a symptom of an isolated group of idiots on a philosophy forum. Any posting of photos of young women, for any reason, or with no context, is met with bizarre rants about the "hyper-sexualization of children" or some other bizarre nonsense. This is the common reaction to such photos on chat rooms even.  I have posted pictures of girls that were totally innocuous, and then sat back and watched grown adults throw a conniption fit over them.
Two questions:

Would you agree that sexual predators, interested in young girls, exist?

Would you not consider it at least possible that some of the reactions you have seen are an expression of concern about such predators? There may be an over-reaction, but might it not be well intentioned. Your implication is that it is mindless and controlling.
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

PostSubject: Re: The sickness is in them, not me.   The sickness is in them, not me. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 8:27 am

Eclogite wrote:
molitva wrote:
This problem of over-objectification by internet denizens
when it comes to young women is pervasive all over the internet,
and not just a symptom of an isolated group of idiots on a philosophy forum.
Any posting of photos of young women, for any reason, or with no context,
is met with bizarre rants about the "hyper-sexualization of children" or some other bizarre nonsense.
This is the common reaction to such photos on chat rooms even.
 I have posted pictures of girls that were totally innocuous, and then sat back and watched
grown adults throw a conniption fit over them.
Two questions:

Would you agree that sexual predators, interested in young girls, exist?

Would you not consider it at least possible that some of the reactions you have seen
are an expression of concern about such predators?
There may be an over-reaction, but might it not be well intentioned.
Your implication is that it is mindless and controlling.

I don't think Moltiva will see this and she is free to correct if I am wrong if she does see this.
Yes, sexual predators of young girls exist. There are a lot of mentally sick people in the world in many ways.
What she is talking about is if you post pictures of young girls even just having fun, many people
will think it was supposed to be about sex, and hyper react. Is it a sad state of affairs? I think so.
Back to top Go down
lavender orchid

PostSubject: Re: The sickness is in them, not me.   The sickness is in them, not me. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:23 pm

http://www.gif-paradies.de/gifs/ereignisse/weihnachten/advent/advent_0042.gif

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The sickness is in them, not me.   The sickness is in them, not me. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The sickness is in them, not me.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BreakAwayForum :: Daily notes from the Universe-
Jump to: