BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some favorite books we have read

Go down 
+2
dearlg1
Mayflow
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:46 am

lavender orchid wrote:

and cool?
Such beautiful music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Arrow Arrow

my pleasure..

indeed
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:53 pm

I work with a full blooded Navaho who moved away from his people because he said the leaders/elders(male) are all crooked, on Peyote and/or are drunks. His words, not mine. I was deeply saddened to hear that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:11 pm

dearlg1 wrote:
I work with a full blooded Navaho who moved away from his people because he said the leaders/elders(male) are all crooked, on Peyote and/or are drunks. His words, not mine. I was deeply saddened to hear that.

i can share your deep sadness.
knowing what caused the destruction of this beautiful people and their ancient culture.
full blooded ....
the traditions of indigenous people are of such, however, that the spiritual component is eternal and may be invoked by anyone caring enough about the LaW (Love and Wisdom).

whatever little i can do to help restore this great tradition, i will do it.

Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Education-motivation-inspiration-30-gifts
Back to top Go down
Tuesday
Designated center-fielder

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:35 pm

dearlg1 wrote:

A lot of people say bad things about a lot of people. Also, why are you speaking words here that are not your own? If they are not your own, who gave you the rights to say them> Let the Navaho one be here if he wishes to, but otherwise, why speak here on behalf of another who is not present to present his own take of it all?
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:56 pm

Tuesday wrote:
dearlg1 wrote:

A lot of people say bad things about a lot of people. Also, why are you speaking words here that are not your own? If they are not your own, who gave you the rights to say them> Let the Navaho one be here if he wishes to, but otherwise, why speak here on behalf of another who is not present to present his own take of it all?

Well, this is an open forum, so I am open to say what is on my mind. Since the subject of the Navaho people was brought into the conversation I had the desire to put that which was told to me into the discussion even though it is not a pleasant one. You may not like what I have to say, but I will not censor myself.

As a matter of fact just because you are trying your best to censor me I am going to start-up the three treasures again even though I promised myself I would not.

Tuesday, things in this world do get corrupted sometimes, even the most beloved amongst us.
Back to top Go down
Tuesday

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:04 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
dearlg1 wrote:

knowing what caused the destruction of this beautiful people and their ancient culture.
full blooded ....
the traditions of indigenous people are of such, however, that the spiritual component is eternal and may be invoked by anyone caring enough about the LaW (Love and Wisdom).

Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Education-motivation-inspiration-30-gifts

This great tradition, I trust, is not about full blooded heritage on the level of genetics, but about the laWs of love and wisdom quite mutually shared? That seems a mutually beneficial scenario
Back to top Go down
Tuesday

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:12 pm

dearlg1 wrote:
Tuesday wrote:
dearlg1 wrote:

Well, this is an open forum, so I am open to say what is on my mind. Since the subject of the Navaho people was brought into the conversation I had the desire to put that which was told to me into the discussion even though it is not a pleasant one. You may not like what I have to say, but I will not censor myself.

As a matter of fact just because you are trying your best to censor me I am going to start-up the three treasures again even though I promised myself I would not.

Tuesday, things in this world do get corrupted sometimes, even the most beloved amongst us.

I am not trying to censor anyone here, but just saying if you are going to say some things about someone you work with here, it would seem right that you would inform that person that you are doing so, and so they would have the opportunity to see and react (or not)
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:27 pm

I have already asked; long ago. His reply was straight forward by saying that it is pretty much common knowledge and what is, is. He is proud of his heritage, but not what his people have been turned into.
Back to top Go down
Tuesday

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:43 pm

dearlg1 wrote:
I have already asked; long ago. His reply was straight forward by saying that it is pretty much common knowledge and what is, is. He is proud of his heritage, but not what his people have been turned into.

Don't you see that if you were saying these things yourself, I could speak with you on the ideas, but since you are speaking in someone else's stead, I cannot?
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:48 pm

Tuesday wrote:
dearlg1 wrote:

Don't you see that if you were saying these things yourself, I could speak with you on the ideas, but since you are speaking in someone else's stead, I cannot?
I respect your decision and understand what you mean.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:38 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
dearlg1 wrote:

full blooded ....

Lavender Orchid, what is it that I can do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:52 pm

put my words back in quotation marks.
i am but humbled by your presence.
and happy IN it.

http://www.fondation-lascaux.com/en/stiftungszweck/index.php

this may be good to have in our library.

elephant

Last edited by lavender orchid on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:00 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
and happy IN it.

I am likewise humbled to be in yours, and I agree about your link.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:15 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
and happy IN it.

elephant
"my words" geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:23 pm

I love you Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Party-smiley-038
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Bogartbergman
"Here's looking at you kid"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:47 pm

dearlg1 wrote:
Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Bogartbergman
"Here's looking at you kid"

Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by lavender orchid on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:48 am

on differences
masters
teachers
students

and saturation, imho.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5658879053168344235#
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Harper Lee, To Kill a Mocking Bird
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:48 pm

Just got done with Dan Brown's Angels & Demons---Mediocre at best. Next is The Count of Monte Cristo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:44 am

should go well with other exhibits on this forum ...

http://www.lone-star.net/literature/beowulf/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 9:37 pm

v.s. naipaul
http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/vnaipaul.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:27 pm

liz greene on astrology
http://songsdomain.tripod.com/zodiac/index.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:22 am

i have not read this book in the conventional sense of reading books.
yet, i have read this book.

giorgio agamben: homo sacer

http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=29325316

italian philosopher giorgio agamben defends the sancticity of life against its reduction to biological functionalism and science-supported engineering (policies).

\!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some favorite books we have read   Some favorite books we have read - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some favorite books we have read
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next