BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Native American Wisdom

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:39 pm

I have a question...

What is it in a person that can walk to the fire stake, knowing they are going to be burned to death, but do it with calm, quiet strength instead of vocal fear and anquish?

That is something I strive to understand.

Birds
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Personally, I would not be able to do that gracefully in any way shape or form, not so much the dying part but being burnt is a very, very painful experience.
Could it simply be a chemical shut down or is it spiritual. Perhaps both...

Birds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:47 pm

your generosity should really sweep everyone off their feet. what's it like, at close range? Very Happy

liking is not serving much of a purpose, certainly not a practical one.
i have learned to be honest, but honesty is driven by the dynamics of artisan skills.

including lots of make-up.. pale

the stake is far away right now.
a body can take so much and no more. natural sedation like an anaesthetic. but even this has consequences spanning generations.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:01 pm

You know the adage...making up is the best part.

I agree with you completly that it is probably both and never forgotten.

I love you
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:18 pm

I'm too introverted to sweep anyone of their feet in anyway. silent

To be honest, I do not usually enjoy external influence to any great degree. A true loner. I have never been liked generally speaking and spent more then 20 years without a friend. I wasn't kidding when I said I lack people skills. You are all my teachers as I learn to externalize for the first time in my life.
scratch

Life has been hard. I am well beaten. It is not always easy to accept and I do cry for myself. I cry at others hardships, a 1 minute commercial is enough to make me tear. Crying or Very sad

I was a young girl when I learned to hit the ground running. Now that life has calmed down this hardearned skill is serving me the purpose of being well able to cope and well able to make myself happy. bounce

I love you
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:25 pm

One thing I learned it to be very careful about how I allow myself to remember a situation. I never say why me, but only how did that happen. Usually I have to say atleast to myself, I can't believe I just did that once in any given situation, usually more.
Practical mmmm....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:36 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
I'm too introverted to sweep anyone of their feet in anyway. silent

To be honest, I do not usually enjoy external influence to any great degree. A true loner. I have never been liked generally speaking and spent more then 20 years without a friend. I wasn't kidding when I said I lack people skills. You are all my teachers as I learn to externalize for the first time in my life.
scratch

Life has been hard. I am well beaten. It is not always easy to accept and I do cry for myself. I cry at others hardships, a 1 minute commercial is enough to make me tear. Crying or Very sad

I was a young girl when I learned to hit the ground running. Now that life has calmed down this hardearned skill is serving me the purpose of being well able to cope and well able to make myself happy. bounce

I love you

this certainly comes "across the ocean" as from a person with two sides developed as personality with unknown background. now that i know, i can perhaps better understand this emphasis on self-sufficiency.
which, btw. i find a global and generational development stage. but to me, it's sort of irksome, like i have learned my lesson for another time, and it's a very precarious situation i have to endure.... nothing i would say it's for my happiness the way it is.

i am not so much a loner than a misfit. doubly burdensome given the ideal of popularity and role modeling.
both would defeat the purpose of honesty with regard to objective truth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
One thing I learned it to be very careful about how I allow myself to remember a situation. I never say why me, but only how did that happen. Usually I have to say atleast to myself, I can't believe I just did that once in any given situation, usually more.
Practical mmmm....

control?
my "control mechanisms" seem to reach far ahead, that fully automated. Mad
seriously, i am just that farsighted, yet still open enough for surprises.
often enough, however, i would give in - against better knowledge - to others with stronger willpower, and afterwards don't even allow myself to say "i told you so". the psyche-genetic alchemical processes thus in full empirical swing usually don't feel wonderful enough to be proud or satisfied, or one-up, or such.

i have a rather good memory knowing it's necessary for the purpose. and i have a tremendously high energy level and long attention spans, when sufficiently motivated.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:28 am

January 27
I'm working for the Creation. I refuse to take part in it's destruction.
Leon Shanandoah
Iroquois

In remembrance of the Shoshone Indians who crossed over in the Battle of Bear River, 1863
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:43 am

January 28
Children were encouraged to develop strict discipline and a high regard for sharing. When a girl picked her first berries and dug her first roots, they were given away to an elder so she would share her future success. When a child carried water for the home, an elder would give compliments, pretending to taste meat in water carried by a boy or berries in that of a girl. The child was encouraged not to be lazy andd to grow straight like a sapling.
Mourning Dove (Christine Quintasket) (1888-1936)
Salish
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:54 am

January 29
All things in the world are two. In our minds we are two, good and evil. With our eyes we see two things, things that are fair and things that are ugly ...We have the right hand that strikes and makes us evil, and we have the left hand full of kindness, near the heart. One foot may lead us to an evil way, the other foot may lead us to a good. So are all things two, all two.
Letakots-Lesa (Gray Eagle Chief)
Pawnee 19th century
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:24 am

January 30
I was born in Nature's wide domain! The trees were all that sheltered my infant limbs, the blue heavens all that covered me. I am one of Nature's children. I have always admired her.
George Copway (1818-1863)
Ojibway chief

Did you know :
Before the Europeans arrived, there were in the America's, more than 500 tribes in a collective group of 22 million people inhabiting what is now the United States.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:54 pm

love this kind of sharing...
it touches the heart

more than i can say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlcP2Rj9A64&feature=related

Arrow
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:32 am

January 31
There is no quiet place in the white man's cities, no place to hear the leaves of spring of the rustle of insect wings...the clatter only seems to insult the ears.
Chief Seattle (Seathyl) (1785-1866)
Dwamish-Suquamish

Did you know the following 26 states are named after Native American words : Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. ,
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:48 am

January
January Algonquin Moon
Sun-Has-Not-Strength-To-Thaw Moon
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Native wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:53 am

February
February Northern ArapahoMoon
Frost-Sparkling-In-The-Sun Moon

Last edited by lightsun on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:37 pm

February 1
The earth is the mother of all people, and all people should have equal rights upon it.
Chief Joseph (Him-Mah--Too-Yah-Lat-Kekt) (1840-1904)
Nez Perce

A Native to know :
Chief Joseph was a major celebrity during his lifetime. Born in what is now northeastern Oregon. In 1840, he was the son of one of the first Nez Perce Christian concerts, also named Joseph, who raised Chief Joseph to support peace with whites-until the government betrayed the elder Joseph and the Nez Perce. Chief Joseph succeeded his father's position in 1871. After several skirmishes and difficulties with the U.S. government, he became an eloquent speaker against injustice and inequality, and spoke in support of the Native people. Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 7146P2
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:47 pm

February 2
Lose your temper and you lose a friend ; lie and you lose yourself.
Hopi Adage :

Did you know?
A mixture called "kinnikinnick" is typically s.oked in peace pipes by Native people. Kinnickinnick is a mixture of various plants and herbs, including sage, white clover, bearberry leaves, and mullen leaves.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:58 pm

February 3
Will we let ourselves be destroyed in our turn without a struggle, give up our homes, our country bequeathed to is by the Great Spirit, the graves of our dead and everything that is dear and sacred to us? I know you will cry with me, "Never! Never!
Tecumseh (1768-1813)
Shawnee

Did you know?
Traditionally, Native American heritage is handed down from the mother's side, even if both parents are Native American. If only the father is Native American, the Native American lineage is still followed. Some children born today, though, follow both parent's lineage.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:11 pm

February 4
All things are the works of the Great Spirit. We should know that he is within all things : the trees, the grasses, the rivers, the mountains, and all the four legged animals, and the winged peoples ; and even more important, we should understand that he is also above all these things and peoples.
Black Elk (1863-1950)
Oglala Sioux
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native american wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:27 pm

February 5
There was never a better day to die.
Red Horse Lakota, 1876

Did you know?
The word "Shaman" originated in Siberia, but today some Native tribes and many non-Natives, especially anthropologists, use this term to describe a Native American healer who dwells with the underworld, the supernatural, and the spirits.

Individuals who are true shamans will not write a book or make a public appearance about their work, nor will they advertise their practice or speak of it in public. A shaman can only be found by word of mouth, and those who practice ancient customs rare. They differ from Native healers, who often mix traditional medicine with unconventional methods and act more as a physician to the community.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Ananau - Indianie -Native American
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njDwElfAGOg&feature=share&fb_source=message

native american indian spirit horses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdfJqAETYsI&feature=share&fb_source=message

native american indian dream catcher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSMZA8GtPhk&feature=share&fb_source=message

mother i feel you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsVXcbAOviE&feature=share&fb_source=message
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Tribute to "Mother Earth" - Native American Music Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbkIXI-E7KE&feature=share&fb_source=message

Native American Water Healing Song - Crystal Clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6H75gcAlXg&feature=share&fb_source=message

Songs of the Journey: Four Songs of the Anishinaabe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zD6s2pX9e4&feature=share&fb_source=message

Seven Ojibwe Teachings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RANG90w1I10&feature=share&fb_source=message
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Indian song (Inka Spirit)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfVsVy0ogGs&feature=share&fb_source=message

Native Americans: Spirit of the Sun - Chirapaq
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZbZwK4hshI&feature=share&fb_source=message

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Native American Wisdom
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13