BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lightsun's daily sayings

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:05 am

“I in what I shall generally start as a hypothesis: (1) we have two distinct hemispheres in the brain. (2) The two help; but alas hinder also each and one another and of an effect help to cancel out of the other. (3) The primitive part (emotion) is thus elder and holds predominance unto its sibling (cognitive)

It is my beginning quest to get these parts of a working for a common cause; not of (mere) only the self; but all of life. Rearticulate-there are two different parts of our brain hemispheres. Both (left) and (right) need training. In this way we have a possibility of growth.

Unless the two mental disciplines will be embraced-we will indeed remain as we are today. It has to be a gentle balance between wisdom (the left brain) and Insight + Love (the right side of the brain). For without this foundation firmly laden, we are very doomed." LightSun
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:08 am

"We are all part of a giant crystal or diamond. Call it the eye of Odin, Odin's eye or God's eyes. We need to pool our resources and capabilities into a cohesive whole in order getting rid of distortions, which we all have. None of us can see the Truth. We can catch only glimmers of it out of the corner of our eye.

It is as if the life mission to cut away at illogical untruth. Each of us is different with different capabilities, as well as different attributes & a different life mission. It is all part of the whole. Perhaps the most successful will be those they can see other people's world view and synchronize. But one must know self-first or at least a preliminary knowledge.” LightSun
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:15 am

“Wouldn't it be great that as children we were allowed to develop our gifts? Wouldn't it be great if we were tested as children to discover our natural gifts? Wouldn't it be great for parents to allow children to come into their own and not try to change or control the child's natural river bed of growth & development?

Are our present day "triggered" emotions created now or are they a re-cycling and rehashing of emotions which were experienced in childhood and not properly processed and therefore healed? I believe that if we were raised as children and our emotional conflicts as children were processed" properly, then we would be almost super human compared to the norm today.

We don't give credit or credence to a child's remarkable ability to process and properly digest negative emotions IF, if it is explained to them at the moment and properly processed. We have not learned this as a society. Moreover, not enough time is even to the developing child. Therefore, we have a society as we have it today.

To many tines parents seek to change, control, or alter a child's natural development. This upsets "flow". This upsets balance. This upsets the natural order of things. This is why I am for parental training as well as child development courses to be implemented. Parents can "warp" their children so easily out of profound ignorance. I am for discovering flow in children & people in general. I am for nurturing flow in children and adults.

I am for being in a society in flow and a renaissance of the human spirit!. This can't happen under the current status quo. There need to be a profound change in both education & human & societal consciousness. Education, I've stated it many times in innumerable threads. Education and child rearing, along with parental education is the bottom line, root and the heart of the matter. It makes so much sense.

Again, it's like the pink elephant in the room or the emperor with no clothes in the room. We all know the answers but not enough resources are put into it. When will there be a rise in consciousness and demand for social action and for these areas to be first acknowledged and them acted on? I know we can conceivably have a renaissance, a rebirth of the human spirit with a will and a focus and a drive.

It takes a paradigm shift. It takes changes in consciousness as well as awareness. Come on we put a man on the moon and built the atomic bomb in the Manhattan Project. Later we resolved our will and resources for the manufacture of the hydrogen bomb. Why is it we can make and build engines of destruction but not marshal our forces for the good of society?

Is it fear based? Must our primitive emotions be triggered to impel us to take action? We also marshaled a country for war against two giants of military might, both Germany as well as Japan. Prior to WWII we were not a superpower. The powers were Germany, France, Great Britain, and the U.S.S.R.

We were not prepared for war when it hit us at Pearl Harbor on that infamous day. Yet we marshaled our forces and overcame great odds of herculean proportions. We can again. We need a leader or many leaders, leaders with a vision toward a great America.

Moreover we have to want a better society to make the changes needed in how, when and if we are truly committed to making the changes that are essential and absolutely, imperatively needed and essential to make and keep this great nation of ours, in which we live in, great. We all live here. We all have a stake and a voice. We must make the pivotal changes needed in how we do things and how we think of ourselves, our children and our future.

To me to heal a society, it starts with the children. To me, some of the most pivotal influences on childhood are child rearing and education. I would think that this country would put an emphasis on childhood education. For whatever reason the wealthiest strongest nation on the planet is behind in many pivotal areas and this includes education. This should not be. What are we doing wrong or what aren't we doing right.

All of this started at a young and early age. You would be surprised what young children can pick up and master at a young age. We should elect politicians who strongly advocate for education and childhood learning. In the school curriculum along with arithmetic, reading, writing, should include the social sciences and two underdeveloped areas. We here are thinkers and feelers. Okay then. The components should be actualized. Emotional Intelligence as well as cognitive science / therapy style classes.

Children are our hope and future and yet I do not see them being helped to actualize. People, this is intolerable. How are we ever going to get to the next level? I do not understand the lack of caring and action from us and our politicians. This saddens me and burdens my heart. This should not be so, and it need not be so. We are (so it has been said) the greatest nation on the planet.

It is time we started acting as such. Why do we continue the cycle, like gerbils on a treadmill? We are not headed toward a bright future. Children are our hope and future. The ills of society are perpetuated and perpetuated! Do we honestly "think", "feel", and "believe", that things will change or get better?

Especially, without our continued involvement! Children are our hope and future. We need to revamp the school systems! I don't want to hear that we do not have the money, or the resources, to help our most trusted, and valued precious resource.

Someday, perhaps if we ever get enlightened, it will not only be a crime to beat your child, but to verbally abuse him/her as well. It is abuse against a child's spirit, soul, and self-esteem. Why should a child suffer their whole lives because of bad parenting? It is crime. We all have a gift. It is precious and should be nurtured.

Without children, we have no future. Moreover, raising them as barbarians does not bode well for society, the United States, and civilization at large. I believe in individuality. I believe all 16 sub types of the Myers Briggs typology "live in different realities", with different wants, desires, wishes, attributes etc. I want each of our talents (sub types) acknowledged and helped along with even special attention to detail training.

In this way I want our natural gifts enhanced and not changed. Not one size fit all educational system is shoved down all the student's throats. I want our individuality acknowledged. I want desperately for all of us to reach our potential. Hillary Clinton wrote a book, It Takes a Community to Raise a Child. I suppose that one gets away with being connected to nature and living in a community, village, clan that we don't develop our spiritual & mystical side.

Without having this connection and interconnectedness, we can become stunted, lost and overwhelmed by society & its mixed signals. We may not develop a solid grounding to the earth. This of course does not have to be the case, nor is it the case always. If a child is raised by two parents, and or has a solid base of support, then they still can become grounded and actualize into who they were meant to be. To me the creator is the universe and its great mysteries.

We must tap into this force, to be part of something greater and to be happy. My concept of psychological assessments done yearly on our children has not really caught on in the forum. Assessments are much of need to be in place to protect our dearest treasure, which is children who our hope and future. Assessments could be conducted yearly. In this way we are proactive and compassionate with eyes on the future.

These would include an early intervention for and of abuse as well as correct learning styles. I am a bit surprised. I know the statistics. What, no one has not been physically or sexually abused? Would not we have liked to learn in styles that best accentuated our specific sub type?

Romana wrote, "Students must learn to think for themselves, to ask questions, to go beyond the spoon feeding and textbooks and rote memorization to understand..."

Students, young ones, can be geniuses in the making. If but allow the young mind to grasp and hold unto what that particular child has a fascination & natural curiosity. This part must be nurtured. But we treat children like on a cattle train, and just move them through the system.
We usual don't care or acknowledge either a bright mind movie ahead or the secluded shy child with poor social skills.

We don't acknowledge them and the teachers are overworked with bureaucracy and paperwork, not having enough time with the kids’ one on one. Some people were not meant to have children. They are not "healed" themselves. Teach emotional intelligence, group processes, assertiveness, child development, premarital counseling, intrapersonal and interpersonal processes, parental training. See, I know, I know the government goes to excesses and mind bogging red tape.

But what's the alternative. I know substance abuse, domestic violence, mental illness, crime, will go on no matter what we do. But can't we lessen it. Parents today are overwhelmed with having children. Subconsciously children will pick up on the distorted actions and behaviors of their parenting.

This is why as adults we do many of the behaviors of our parents, almost against our wills. We mimicked what we saw. Even if they want to be good, and rectify the mistakes of their upbringing, they still will be subconsciously affected. Thank god. There is something called resiliency. It says one out of three will survive and overcome a dysfunctional household.

My computer metaphor is we are a product of nature, nurture, education and to a lesser extent the media as well as those who we surround ourselves. If the data i.e. wisdom, critical thinking was not put in place at an early age then that child grows and is a reflection of this. How can we (again using a computer metaphor) expect the person to know better if the data, they need to know, was not put in?

Therefore, it makes sense. It is maddening at the same time. All we can do is walk our path, and let everyone walk his or hers. All the while, we must implement changes in nurture. In addition, we must begin making changes in the school curriculums. In addition, we all have gifts. We cannot conceivably be all philosophers. Each has a gift call it even duty in relation to the rest of the human race.” LightSun
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:55 am

“I know I do not know all the answers but am in a constant searching for truth and happiness as well as giving back to my fellow man. This is why I am appreciative for having friends & family such as you guys and gals. Keep up the good work.

Please keep the faith and never give up. Remember we are in this together called the journey of life and reaching consciousness as well be better people and more loving.” LightSun
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:59 am

“Knowledge of self is one of the greatest powers a person may possess. Few take this journey. Few know how. There are no road maps or signs to really tell a person what to do. Each must decipher it for himself/herself. For the price of this wisdom is priceless. It is invaluable to the human spirit.” LightSun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lightsun's daily sayings
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7