BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Daily notes from the Universe...

Go down 
+15
Prettybirds
reversal
ideal-guided
TripleLady
dearlg1
remixedcat
The Universe
Nataskin
Romana
lightsun
ME
Mayflow
Soulthriller
relaxingmelody21
Admin
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage

Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:27 pm

point fixé: it's good to see some things never change..
Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 2916557795_ca15a76a12
hopscotch
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:18 am

You see, the thing about Miracles-in-the-Making, or M&M's as they're affectionately called here, May, is that they must be disguised amongst the plain and ordinary events of each day. Until, of course, they come to pass, at which point the dreamer they had swirled around can comfortably be labeled lucky or blessed. Otherwise you'd be slammed with worshippers and devotees. Believe me, not pretty.

This isn't by divine law, it's just in keeping with the times you're in. Most folks aren't quite ready to have their belief systems blown to pieces with overtly obvious miracles, but this is changing.

Glad you're different,
The Universe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, May, they don't come in green... unless you ask.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:54 am

Mayflow wrote:
You see, the thing about Miracles-in-the-Making, or M&M's as they're affectionately called here, May, is that they must be disguised amongst the plain and ordinary events of each day. Until, of course, they come to pass, at which point the dreamer they had swirled around can comfortably be labeled lucky or blessed. Otherwise you'd be slammed with worshippers and devotees. Believe me, not pretty.

This isn't by divine law, it's just in keeping with the times you're in. Most folks aren't quite ready to have their belief systems blown to pieces with overtly obvious miracles, but this is changing.

Glad you're different,
The Universe

No, May, they don't come in green... unless you ask.

let May know, they rather come in green (that was easy to ask for) than sharing their true id with someone unworthy of true friendship. akin to what?

360 degrees vision please!
Back to top Go down
reversal

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:06 pm

Really, it makes no difference to me what people decide to do.

But I don't think I will.

I will not.
Back to top Go down
reversal

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:31 pm

okay.

I have a drug problem.

I admit it.

now let ME deal with it. not you. me.
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:13 pm

bit wrote:
okay.

I have a drug problem.

I admit it.

now let ME deal with it. not you. me.

Ok. I am pretty sure I don't want to deal with your problems anyways.

I'd say I have plenty of my own, but I actually don't and I really don't want any anyways so it all works out rather nicely and all.
Back to top Go down
reversal

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 9:07 pm

I feel so worthless and stupid right now.
Back to top Go down
reversal

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 9:16 pm

You always hurt those who love you and what can I say, I'm very sorry for that.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:51 pm

When you love someone there should be nothing to be sorry for.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: universe   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:15 pm

dearlg1 I liked your comment. Very wise. Compassionate even. I would call you a role model.
I thank you for wisdom which you share. LightSun a friend in spirit, I also wish to send love
out to Ramona who truly inspires me ; Mayflow a friend & person who set up this forum. I
truly miss when we were in direct communication ; lavender orchid I truly love your spirit.
Your actions speak louder than words. dearlg1, you are wise. bit I knew you from similar
minds, even though you had a different name. To all I send my fondest wishes. LightSun
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:53 pm

Such praise for such as unworthy recipient such as I am can not go without saying you my dear friend are the compassionate one, not I. I am a hard ass trying to reform, with a very long way to go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oun5QZNFsRs&feature=related
Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 5248__9HJ%20%2832%29
season's greetings: the wonder of nature

Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: universal   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:48 am

I have been on sabbatical. I plan on coming back.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 6:46 am

lightsun wrote:
I have been on sabbatical. I plan on coming back.
Sabbatical? What have you been up to? I hope it has been productive. You have been missed.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: universe   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:59 am

Thank you Romana. I appreciate it. I really do coming from you. I was not going to use subjective
terms. But it subjectively and personally feels to me very nice, and polite. It feels like a kind
sentiment. I know these adjectives may or may not coincide with your own internal reality.
But it makes me feel good & I appreciate it.
As for my sabbatical : sometimes I need to get away. Think things through as well as reevaluate.
I problem solve, catch up on old chores. I do things creatively like write. Intellectually by reading.
So i've been busy but feel happy, relieved, safe and secure being back. It's like coming back home
after a vacation. So thank you, LightSun
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:20 am

I call times like that as 'Zen' time. When I need time to be alone to think things through or to stop thinking except Zen thoughts. I either take long walks in woods (Zen walking meditation) with my dogs for thinking things through and/or for inspiration. I get down on hands and knees and pull weeds for 'Zen' thoughts. Kinda like taking mini sabbaticals.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: universe   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:41 pm

dearlg1 this is what I do constantly. I need to find a balance between internal and also external
wants, desires & expectations. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with emotion, so I need to take
a time out.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:27 pm

lightsun wrote:
dearlg1 this is what I do constantly. I need to find a balance between internal and also external wants, desires & expectations. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with emotion, so I need to take
a time out.
What kinds of events cause this? Is it usually positive or negative? Is it always obvious when it happens?
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: universe   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:54 am

Hello Romana. These are very serious questions. We are friends I owe you honesty. Or I don't
owe you, but you deserve that I be forthcoming. All of these quotes are yours. "What kind of
events cause this?" Usually times of great stress, when I am overwhelmed, or I have been
triggered. One thing I have learned from you is to strive to be more specific. I had a job as a
life skills coach and had numerous clients. I am great hands on and direct here and now
experience. I am an INFP as in "P," a go with the flow be in the moment personality. I am not
good at, to me bureaucratic forms and red tape. It is so artificial to me. I had to do daily reports,
quarterly reports, yearly reports, handle finances, social security, medical needs, benefits, social
engagements, grocery shopping, banking. I was not equipped to be both hands on and a manager
of multiple clients. I was paid well, but it was not worth the money. I was overtaxed and out of
my element. This was one example when I was overtaxed and needed a time out. A second trivial
example is my experience at I.org. I went there filled with visions of beauty and wonder. I was
not understood. Fair enough. I will try harder to make them understand. Answering specific
questions with rebuttals. This did not work either. I suffered a backlash of non-understanding,
fear, venom, vicious attacks from multiple sources. I guess that I tried so hard to make them
understand and was not only not understood but attacked, well I became depressed. I needed a
time out to recharge my batteries & regather my strength. This goes back to self esteem, Romana.
Excuse my language. I was ridiculed, made fun of, verbally, psychologically, and emotionally
abused as a child. This is difficult on any child. On such a sensitive dreamer such as an introverted
NF, well the damage was even more profound. Part I.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: universal   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:17 am

Your first question was harder, Romana. Your next two should be easier. Romana wrote,
"Is it usually positive or negative?" Oh this is easy Romana. Negative emotions, being overwhelmed,
and triggered is usually what causes me to put the brakes on life and taking a time out.
Roman wrote, "Is it always obvious when it happens?" Surprisingly no, Romana. Sometimes it
catches me off guard. I believe I can handle it. There is an undercurrent. It is like a rip tide and it
catches me by surprise pulling me under. I look upon it in hindsight after I have recovered and then
I can sometimes see what caused me such distress. Still I get caught unprepared time and again.
I will deal with depression for the rest of my life. Still I have moments of great beauty and wonder.
Romana as I am typing this I am in great, almost profound peace. I can appreciate art, nature and
all the wonders of mankind. I thank you my friend for asking these questions.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:41 am

lightsun wrote:
Hello Romana. These are very serious questions. We are friends I owe you honesty. Or I don't owe you, but you deserve that I be forthcoming.
I appreciate your candor. It is easier when people are forthcoming, but if I ever ask anything too personal, just tell me outright that you prefer not to answer. I will understand and not be offended.

I suspect our emotional landscapes have significant differences, but I can understand being taken unawares by emotional overload. In fact, that happens to me sometimes. It tends to be all or nothing. If I know a subject or activity is likely to generate an emotional response, I will often carefully control the timing or circumstances against this eventuality. I can be overwhelmed by positive emotion as well as negative, though, and in some ways find the negative easier to deal with. It usually relates to some problem that can be addressed suggesting obvious action to take, whereas the positive is just there; an out-of-control feeling leading nowhere.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:14 am

I hope I do not sound flippant here but to eliminate or reduce the amplitude of lifes peaks and valleys try the Zen way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:01 am

Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Hakuin elephant
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:34 pm

dearlg1 wrote:
I hope I do not sound flippant here but to eliminate or reduce the amplitude of lifes peaks and valleys try the Zen way.
I do not wish to eliminate all peaks and valleys. In fact, life without intensity to me is bland, boring, plain vanilla. I was going to type that I just prefer intensity that is not emotional in nature, but I am not sure that can be. The emotional component of intensity may be inherent and significant. Perhaps it is simply that I prefer, or am more used to, certain emotions than others, positive or negative. I may have a harder time dealing with those outside this range, and thus prefer to avoid them, or at least to confront them in circumstances of my choosing, where they will not get out of hand. You are probably correct in that Zen and similar practices help to even out or dissipate such disturbances. When I have been consistent with my own meditations, it has had a similar effect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:13 pm

i do not want to sound too flippant either, but one hand want(s) to clap, desperately. santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily notes from the Universe...   Daily notes from the Universe... - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daily notes from the Universe...
Page 14 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next