BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ignorance is not always bliss

Go down 
+4
Romana
lightsun
Nataskin
dearlg1
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Disappropriated wrote:
Is there any form of communication that does not have an ego driven purpose?

Or is the problem in its failure to disclose its purpose?

there can certainly be a form of self-expression which can be recognized as a noble motivation, by contrast.
stark contrast, btw.
Back to top Go down
Disappropriated

Disappropriated

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:55 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
Disappropriated wrote:

there can certainly be a form of self-expression which can be recognized as a noble motivation, by contrast.
stark contrast, btw.

Am I right in thinking you mean one that is not driven by the ego?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:07 pm

Disappropriated wrote:
lavender orchid wrote:
Disappropriated wrote:

stark contrast, btw.

at least not by ulterior motives, whether called ego or not, rather easy to perceive but never clearly identifyable before they do any intentional (consciously or not) harm. ()

imho, for caution!
Back to top Go down
Disappropriated

Disappropriated

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:17 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
Disappropriated wrote:
lavender orchid wrote:
Disappropriated wrote:

stark contrast, btw.

at least not by ulterior motives, whether called ego or not, rather easy to perceive but never clearly identifyable before they do any intentional (consciously or not) harm. ()

imho, for caution!

My perception of your definition is a little hazy, but it's probably down to the fact that I'm running on some sort of energy that lasts 2+ days without sleep. If it's any consolation your conception is acceptable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:26 pm

Disappropriated wrote:
lavender orchid wrote:
Disappropriated wrote:
lavender orchid wrote:
Disappropriated wrote:

stark contrast, btw.

imho, for caution!

My perception of your definition is a little hazy, but it's probably down to the fact that I'm running on some sort of energy that lasts 2+ days without sleep. If it's any consolation your conception is acceptable.

thanks for the generosity, my energy has been running in a similar schedule for more than a year now.
irony off, just in case.
Back to top Go down
Disappropriated

Disappropriated

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:37 pm

Truth isn't generosity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:01 pm

Disappropriated wrote:
Truth isn't generosity.

no such implication, apart from doing both harm as such, again.
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:01 pm

Disappropriated wrote:
Truth isn't generosity.

Then generosity is a lie? How do you come to that conclusion?
Back to top Go down
Disappropriated

Disappropriated

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:14 pm

Mayflow wrote:
Disappropriated wrote:
Truth isn't generosity.

Affirming a disjunct? I merely said that truth is independent of generosity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:43 pm

Disappropriated wrote:
Mayflow wrote:
Disappropriated wrote:
Truth isn't generosity.

then why did you not say it that way the first time.

and secondly, can you provide proof for your assertion which you now present as a question?
Back to top Go down
Mayflow
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander
Mayflow

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:53 pm

Disappropriated wrote:
Mayflow wrote:
Disappropriated wrote:
Truth isn't generosity.

Have you ever studied the theories of interdependence? Or are you implying that "truth" is noumenon, and distinct from phenomenon? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noumenon ? Still too fluffy for you?
Back to top Go down
Disappropriated

Disappropriated

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Truth is not generosity. Truth is independent of generosity. They are the same sentence to me, except the first is shorter.

You mean the 'Affirming a disjunct'? Right, you jumped from me saying that T(ruth) is not G(enerosity) to F(alse) is G. It's not necessarily true that if T ≠ G then F = G.

I think that constitutes a proof.

I might be, though I'm not versed in any theory of independence.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 5:05 pm

I must share this observation. Controversy causes growth. It forces us to lot within for answers
on how to deal with a difficult situation. I want to move beyond castigation over what I do not
understand. I am reminded of an animal planet episode of a lost young fawn trying to find it's
mother. It approached a herd of bison and was immediately rejected. Such is the human
condition. It reflects ignorance. I myself was susceptible to this curse called ignorance,and still
am. I used to judge "surface" people as ignorant, and sought out "deep" people. I have found
through humility that both are important. I am on a journey of trying to understand other types,
and moving beyond my comfort zone. I personally wish to understand the different types so I
may grow. Deep, up, down, north, all are important perspectives of the human condition.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:24 am

As far as I am concerned, seek out that which is best suited for your journey and avoid distractions. For the distractions will hinder and perhaps deter you from reaching what you seek. What ever that may be.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ignorance   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:54 pm

I agree with you dearlg1. I am for finding one's gift, actualizing it & living in flow. That is being who one
was meant to be. To do that one must learn to differentiate between what is useful on one's
path, & what is merely pleasurable in the moment. The former one, one can grow. The latter is
a canyon with no way out.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:43 pm

lightsun wrote:
I agree with you dearlg1. I am for finding one's gift, actualizing it & living in flow. That is being who one
was meant to be. To do that one must learn to differentiate between what is useful on one's
path, & what is merely pleasurable in the moment. The former one, one can grow. The latter is

One very good example of what that is substance abuse of any sorts at any level. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:57 am

dearlg1 wrote:
lightsun wrote:

One very good example of what that is substance abuse of any sorts at any level. Evil or Very Mad

marked for in-depth discussion, where and when needed. tx.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:02 am

I have no problem discussing subtance abuse. My stance on it is firm. I find it a weakness of the first order and is one of the foremost trademarks of what is termed as 'lesser people'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:37 am

alright, neither have i.

imho, to me the problem begins with definition and connotations of the word substance abuse.

there is food, and there is nourishment.
there is good use, and there is "abuse".
there is medication, and there is "drugs".
there is herbs, and there is big pharma.
there is "substance" abuse, and there is psychoactive experiences.

Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 OWLTREEWHT

and of course, there are the "legal" aspects.
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:40 am

When you take any substance and over use it to the extreme until it it becomes an addiction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:13 am

since when would ignorance then be(come) a substance?
Arrow
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:47 am

Ignorance is not knowing it has substance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:08 am

www.?

pirat
Back to top Go down
dearlg1
Sage
Sage
dearlg1

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:36 am

lavender orchid wrote:
www.?

pirat

www.ignoranceisbliss.com jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:53 am

dearlg1 wrote:
lavender orchid wrote:
www.?

pirat

www.ignoranceisbliss.com jocolor

yup. but whose, in the long run? geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is not always bliss   Ignorance is not always bliss - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ignorance is not always bliss
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BreakAwayForum :: Nice Alley - for the nice to be even nicer-
Jump to: