BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Native American Wisdom

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: chp 6 deepak chopra   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:06 am

THE WAYS OF THE HEART :
My heart is filled with joy, when I see you here, as the brooks fill with water when the snows melt
in the spring, and I fee glad, as the ponies are when the fresh grass starts in the beginning of the
year.
I heard of your coming, when I was many sleeps away, and I made but few camps before I met you.
I knew that you had come to do good to me and to my people. I look for the benefits which would
last forever, and so my face shines with joy, as I look upon you.
Ten Bears
Yamparika Comanche
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:59 am

lightsun wrote:
THE WAYS OF THE HEART :
My friends, how desperately do we need to be loved and to love. When Christ said that man does
not live by bread alone, he spoke of a huger. This hunger was not the hunger of the body. It was not
the hunger for bread. He spoke of a hunger that begins deep down in the very depths of our being.
He spoke of a need as vital as breath. He spoke of our hunger for love.
Love is something you and I must have. We must have it because our spirit feeds upon it. We must
have it because without it we become weak and faint. Without love our self-esteem weakens.
Without it our courage fails. Without love we can no longer look out confidently at the world. We
turn inward and begin to feed upon our personalities, and little by little we destroy ourselves.
With it we are creative. With it we march tirelessly. With it, and with it alone,we are able to
sacrifice
for others.
Chief Dan George
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:05 am

Are you feeling alone or with love alone, we can conquer all? I was thinking of you as I typed
the post, based on your recent posts/pm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:08 am

i know.

not alone, that's against all learning.

but deserted.

Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Bodyjewelleryshop_body_piercing_jewellery_accessories_makeup_beauty_stargazer_nail_and_face_jewellery_face_diamonds_teardrop_sgj109_00

should be alright, i guess.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native american   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:22 am

I'm sorry you are going through such a difficult time. Let me share with you, I have clinical depression.
I've had it my whole life. That is a thing I admire about Mayflow. He says he doesn't get too
down in the spirits. I mention him for the similarities we do possess.
I can speak about it getting easier. That is hard to do, when one is in such pain of the heart.
I wish you well. I wish there was something I could do. Even friends can not heal a wounded
heart. The answers and healing have to come from within. (1). I wish I could do more
(2). the answers lay within your heart and soul. Warm wishes for a kindred spirit.
LightSun Peaceweaver
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:26 am

Is there anything I can do? I don't know what. Send a prayer.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:40 am

If all our friends and relations were gathered here : you sweet orchid, myself,
Dearlg1, Romana, Mayflow, bit, tuesday, & peach, we could do a healing circle.
I will send out warm wishes & hope everybody here will do so as well. We need
you. You are part of the circle here on exploringyourmind, that mother earth
has brought together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:04 pm

you are "my" healing circle already.
although in my normal life there is increasing mental dissociation and spiritual competition
causing the effects on emotions and the physical well-being.

whatever an isolated self is supposed or ordered to produce, it cannot be self-serving.
we all have a purpose to fulfill. but the powers we allow to instrumentalize us, may - oftentimes
not consciously, or pleading unconsciousness - cause what they later accuse us of.

the great and holy spirit that Jesus for one proclaimed, is different from the ego unitedness
found in market places.

so, when you include me in a circle, let that open into spirals, but not be broken by bannings, and other
exclusive means.
i have yet been made to "receive [another] infraction" at another forum. that's not your doing here, but affecting me the same way.

distances and building bridges are a task and a challenge, not to everyone, but for me..

oh, i love your full name, LightSun Peaceweaver........
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:17 pm

Building bridges is a task & a challenge for me as well. It is something I was born with, this quest for
harmony & coexistence. There is a paradigm shift for discovering win-win solutions. This versus our,
and human history notion that one side has to lose. LightSun Peaceweaver
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:28 pm

Know this, that you have friends here. Thank you for sharing about my name.
I chose Peaceweaver vs. Peacekeeper, because the latter implies control and
dominance. Peaceweaver implies a dance. Taking the best everyone has to
offer and making it a blend of human spirit & potential. Win-Win!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:09 pm

[quote="lightsun"]Know this, that you have friends here. Thank you for sharing about my name.
I chose Peaceweaver vs. Peacekeeper, because the latter implies control and
dominance. Peaceweaver implies a dance.

Last edited by lavender orchid on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: the native american path to leading a spiritual life 365 days   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:23 am

Sep 1
Whenever the white man treats the Indian as they treat each other, then we will have no more
wars. We shall all be alike-brothers or one father and one another, with one sky above us and
one country around us, and one government for all.
Chief Joseph (1840-1904)
(HIN-MAH-TOO-YAH-LAT-KEKT) NEZ PERCE

Did you know?
Intuit women used to tattoo their faces to enhance their beauty and to signify their readiness
to marry.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: the native american oath to leading a spiritual life every day 365   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:35 am

Sep 2
The people were put upon this world to learn of themselves and of their brothers and sisters. We
are these People. We are the Fallen Star. Our laws of men change with our understanding of
them. Only the laws of the Spirit remain always the same.
White Wolf
CROW

Did you know?
Fall harvest festivals, feasts, and giving thanks celebrations have been a part of Native tradition
for thousands of years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:39 am

edit: delete

Last edited by lavender orchid on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: the native american path to leading a spiritual life every day 365   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:50 am

Sep 3
If an Apache had allowed his aged parents to suffer for food or shelter, if he had neglected or
abused the sick, if he had profaned our religion, or had been unfaithful, he might be banished
from the tribe.
Geronimo (Goyathlay) (1829-1909)
Apache medicine man and war chief

In remembrance :
On this day in 1783, an entire Brule village was massacred by 1,300 soldiers avenging the death
of 30 soldiers who were killed for murdering Conquering Bear, the Brule chief, during an argument
over livestock.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: native american   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:55 am

As usual, lavender orchid, you bring beautiful pictures to the forum, which reflect your spirit.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: the native american parh to leading a spiritual life every day 365   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:04 am

Sep 4
He gains success and avoids failure by learning how others succeeded or failed, and without
trouble to himself.
Crow teaching
Did you know?
The plains tribes would lay their dead on elevated platforms or in treetops so the bodies would
be close to the Great Spirit and safe from preying animals.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: the native america path to leading a spiritual life every day 365   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:13 am

Sep 5
Finish what you begin. Those who leave things half done get boils on their heads.
Do you want boils on your head?
Sevenka Qoyawayma
Hopi, 1964

In remembrance :
Of Crazy Horse, who died September 5, 1877, at Fort Robinson, Nebraska.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: the native american path to leading a spiritual life every day 365   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:26 am

Sep 6
There are four ways in which you may go, if you are going somewhere. The first is to go immediately
on first thought. That is not right. Think about it. This will make it the second way. Then think about
it a third time, but don't go away yet. Then on the fourth consideration, go and it will be all right.
Thus you will be safe. Sometimes wait a day in between considerations of your problems.
Diablo
White Mountain Apache, 1942
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: the native american path to leading a spiritual life every day 365   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:40 am

Sep 7
For an important marriage the chief presided, aided by his wife. He passed a pipe around the
room so each could share a smoke in common. In this way families were publically united to
banish any past or future disagreement and thus stood as one united. The chief then gave the
couple an oration of his advise, pointing out the good characteristics of each, and then offered
his congratulations to them for a happy future.
Mourning Dove (Christine Quintasket) (1888-1936)
Salish
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: the native american parh to leading a spiritual life every day 365   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:51 am

Sep 8
But if the vision was true and mighty, and I know, it is true and mighty yet ; for such things are
of the spirit, and it is in the darkness of their eyes that men get los.
Black Elk (1863-1950)
Oglala Sioux

On this date in Native American history :
September 8, 1565 : The first permanent European colony was established at St. Augustine, Florida,
in what will eventually become the United States of America.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: the native american path to leading a spiritual life every day 365   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:06 am

Sep 9
The Indian believes profoundly in silence-the sign of a perfect equilibrium. Silence
is the absolute poise or balance of body, mind and spirit. The man who preserves
his selfhood is ever calm and unshaken by the storms of existence...What are the
fruits of silence? They are self control, true courage or endurance, patience, dignity,
and reverence. Silence is the cornerstone of character.
Ohiyesa (Charles Eastman) (1858-1939)
Santee Sioux
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: the native american path to leading a spiritual life every day 365   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:17 am

Sep 10
The frog does not drink up
the pond in which he lives.
Teton Sioux proverb

Did you know?
Cotton cloth was first invented by American Indians.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: the native american path to leading a spiritual life everh day 365   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:31 am

Sep 11
The honor of the people lies in the moccasin tracks of the women...No people
goes down until their women are weak and dishonored, or dead upon the ground.
Anonymous male Sioux

Did you know?
A give-away is a common custom among many Native nations. Unlike other cultures
where a person is given gifts for their accomplishments, many Native societies
believe gifts are given by the person being honored. The more revered they are,
the more they give. For some, the chief was the poorest person in the community.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:10 am

lightsun wrote:
Sep 11
The honor of the people lies in the moccasin tracks of the women...No people
goes down until their women are weak and dishonored, or dead upon the ground.
Anonymous male Sioux

Did you know?
A give-away is a common custom among many Native nations. Unlike other cultures
where a person is given gifts for their accomplishments, many Native societies
believe gifts are given by the person being honored. The more revered they are,
the more they give. For some, the chief was the poorest person in the community.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Native American Wisdom   Native American  Wisdom - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Native American Wisdom
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next