BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Achilles-a Greek hero   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:12 am

Achilles Dragging the Body of Hector Around the Walls of Troy
*The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Achilles-Dragging-the-Body-of-Hector-around-the-Walls-of-Troy
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Apollo (Sol) god of inner light   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:32 am

Apollo (Sol) god of the inner light, poetry, music
Apollo and Daphne c. 1845 by Theodore Chasseriau
The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Apollo-and-Daphne,-c.1845
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Greek myth   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:39 am

Endymion on Mount Latmus by John Atkinson Grimshshau
*The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Endymion-on-Mount-Latmus
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Greek Myth   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:44 am

Pandora 1896 by John William Waterhouse
*The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Pandora--1896
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Aries (Mars) god of war   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:50 am

Aries (Mars) god of war
Mars Vanquishing Ignorance 1605 by Antoon Claeissens
* The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Mars-Vanquishing-Ignorance-1605
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:27 am

lightsun wrote:
Aries (Mars) god of war
Mars Vanquishing Ignorance 1605 by Antoon Claeissens
* The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Mars-Vanquishing-Ignorance-1605

my heart and spirit are going past and west...
and no conquest of the roman lot can outdo me then or any time soon..

playing another tune........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IJT5lOnT90&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Aphrodite (Venus) goddess of love   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:51 am

Aphrodite (Venus) goddess of love
Birth of Venus by William-Adolohe Bouguereau
*The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Naissance-de-Venus-(Birth-of-Venus)
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Gereek Mythology   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:35 am

Nymph and Satyr by William-Adolohe Bouguereau
*The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Nymphes-et-Satyre-(Nymphs-and-Satyr)
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Apollo (Sol)   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Apollo (Sol) god of light / Muses (Camenae)
Apollo and the Muses on Mount Helion (Parnassus) 1680 by Claude Lorrain
*The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Apollo-and-the-Muses-on-Mount-Helion-(Parnassus)-1680-large
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Greek Mythological Figure   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:20 pm

A Nymph Disarming Cupid by Pierre Paul Emmanuel de Pommayrac
*The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Nymphe-Desarmant-L'Amour-(A-Nymph-Disarning-Cupid)-large
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:29 pm

ahem..... silent

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/15850
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Apollo (Sol) god of light   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Apollon (Sol) god of light
Apollo Abducting Cyrene by Frederick Arthur Bridgman
*The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Apollon-Enlevant-Cyrene-(Apollo-Abducting-Cyrene)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:32 pm

hey, you are faster than the police allows! sunny

http://www.imagi-nation.com/moonstruck/clsc4.htm
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Geeek   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:37 pm

Hello lavender. I'll check out the web site you posted I missed you. I'm sorry you have a number
of responses to my posts that I have to respond to. I fully intend on doing it. Also I need to update
my phone because now my phone won't let me access some of them. How are you? Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Greek   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Your pretty fast to lavender! sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:46 pm

http://www.hannibalofcarthage.org/Apollo.php sunny

The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Storm-06-june
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Greek   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:20 pm

lavender orchid again thank you very much. I love you I will send you a personal message. I am
again quite amazed and quite frankly a little awed at all the wonderful web sites, pictures,
and images I have received from a kind friend who I respect and find dear to the heart, soul
and spirit. Thank you friend. I love you sunny flower
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Greek Mythology   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:47 pm

Andromeda 1852 by Eugène DelacroixThe gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Andromeda-1852
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Greek Mythological Figure   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:53 pm

The Choice of Hercules by Annibale Carracci
*The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 The-Choice-of-Heracles-c.-1596-large
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Geeek Mythological Figure :   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Hercules Crowned by Fame by Sebastiano Condo
*The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Hercules-Crowned-by-Fame
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:50 am

Mercury, the quick-footed one
The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 16672_mercury

hg need not mean your brains are located in your nike sneakers. sunny

http://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/41a/41a12.html

healing fractures? like those from failed communications?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_%28element%29

nor would it be the healing agent of an internet full of complacency and phlegma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLmpYbsrzlA
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Mercury played a role in earning Ivan the Terrible this designation. Examination of Ivan's bones in the 1960's or 1970's revealed that he had a degenerative spinal disease with onset in early adulthood which gradually fused the disks in his spine, resulting in severe pain. One of the few forms of pain relief available was inhalation of mercury vapors, which we now know to be highly toxic. Between the pain and the mercury, Ivan was quite unhinged. Apparently he attempted to retire at one point, abandoning the capital for one of his country palaces. The nobles would not leave him in peace, however, and the entire court followed him. The tsar, it seems, was no more able to leave his preordained role in life than the lowliest serf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:10 pm

thank you, Romana.

i hope you got healthy teeth.
and can enjoy some good seafood often enough, still.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_poisoning
I love you

but then, it may just bring some relief with some hitherto hardly recognized pandemic disease, imho.
http://abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/81101/

Sad

or maybe one should rather buy gold?
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Greek   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:46 am

Ivan the terrible killed his own son in his madness and thus ruined any chance of a
lasting dynasty. He was a strong ruler who helped make Russia stronger and enlarged
his empire. Perhaps his pain contributed to his madness. It was not until the Romanovs
that Russia had a lasting dynasty and they were only ended by the communist
revolution.
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Ivan at the tomb of Anastasia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world   The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The gods and goddesses & mythological figures of the graeco-roman world
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next