BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lightsun's daily sayings

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:47 pm

I am not sure whether I should be offended or flattered, but no matter. Both effects are equally hard to produce, so I will just thank you for the links. Robert Frost has always been one of my favorite poets. I come from his part of the country, and his poems always touch a part of me that is never satisfied elsewhere. "The road not taken" is particularly timely, since I have been pondering exactly that as of late. "Release" is serenely breathtaking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 9:08 am

a sign of delight beyond the offense and flattery realms... it's just guessing, although that, to me, seems kind of and unfair intrusion already.

4 the friends i may never know
2 the spirits far from me and mine
4 the company not granted each other
2 the roads less traveled

it's late in the day

i may perform all sorts of rituals
seeming to express myself
become popular and successful
but what was gained for life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO2QE1SNbd4&feature=rec-rev-rn-1r-1-HM

happy holidays to all!
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's daily   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:11 pm

January 15
Here is something else to ponder. In developing as a child one must learn to have an ego and develop a sense of self identity in addition to self esteem in the world in which we live in.

As an adult, on the path, or I should say a path, for there are many paths to the top of the mountain, we must learn to let go of our ego's and transcend both it as well as our fears. We must learn to let go of defensiveness and listen with an open heart, to be receptive, warm and open.

We need to learn transparency and openness in order to heal.
LightSun
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:32 pm

January 16
There is a saying by the ancient one's. We have two ears and one mouth, therefore for some there is an endeavor for listening and reflection before speaking.

I think this is a very wise saying indeed! I would think it would benefit the world if we could but be taught this most rudimentary and basic of human interaction skills. An important tool in human dialogue & learning the art of true human communication. Important for peace, to learn how to communicate effectively.

It seem's our ego's and defense mechanisms get in the way & this kick in automatically before we even have a basic understanding of where the other person is truly coming from. We all have truth's. We just need to listen to them.

Last edited by lightsun on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's daily   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:58 pm

January 17
To learn, grow, heal, and be happy.
From pain comes seeking healing.
From seeking healing comes open dialogue & open communication.
With communication comes insight.
With insight comes awareness.
With awareness comes change.
With change comes growth.
With growth can come self actualization where one gets into a state of flow and is one with the universe.

Last edited by lightsun on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:50 am

I think it very important that we stop telling ourselves we are ignorant, stop telling ourselves we can not know or understand. It is the exact opposite. We all can and some of us do. Our brains are capable of registering and deciphering all of existence. We exist to exist. We are here to experience every and all capability that is attributable to our human form with its physical and chemical realities. Does it need to be more. Life is school for our very selves. The human form we created from desire to expand our experiences and understanding of the physical world of which we are separate from in our native form.

Thank-you for being you...all of you. I love you
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:07 am

Perhaps it is to revel in the quirks of humanness, the mistakes are perhaps more important than the correct. Perhaps mistakes are correct and perfection incorrect. IMO it is not to become perfect but to learn how to cope, make the best of, and most importantly live to share the experience. Peace is a place that can only truly exist in a realm of no friction. With that in mind....even though we have not found any kind of restriction to my knowledge for a neutrino....we still cannot state that a neutrino is a true representation of fluid peace.

It could be that though... scratch

The laws of physics do define what we are physically capable of and also whatwe are non-physically capable of.
In this physical world overall peace and understanding is not to be had. IMO. This is not to be bemoaned but rejoiced...

Even in the most peaceful of peoples the seeds of dissension lie awaiting the rains of change to encourage personal growth as both humans on the whole and humans individually. The organics of living in physical form. A physical form dense enough to bring into play the effects of gravity and time. flower
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:15 am

To me, this life is akin to stopping to smell the roses. However, rose bushes do have thorns... flower
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's daily   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Prettybirds, thanks for responding. I am impressed. There are elements of truth which you speak of which resonate in my heart. I say it because I believe it. Below if I can address them all, are 9 quotes I have taken from you, and hope to respond to.
All the quotes are yours.

(1). "...we stop telling ourselves we are ignorant..." It may be semantics. I have personally a problem with the word "sin." It is for me personally, a word and usage of the word that is seemingly archaic. To me it serves no useful purpose. However, for others it is important. Oh, observation you can certainly write. It apparently seems to stream out of you. It is a gift I admire. I use the word "ignorant," in it's truest sense and not as a label or a derogatory term. That is I am ignorant of construction work, sewing, ice skating, how to build a house, writing a book, physics, and higher math. Some of these things I can learn. Some are beyond me. We have distinct, different talents and capabilities. In this sense we are all ignorant, because we don't know everything. We are on a journey of discovery. It is a process never ending. There may well be no end state. We will always be ignorant of facts not known yet. That can be a wonderful thing. That we will ever learn.

(2). "...brains are capable of registering and deciphering all of existence..." I see no discrepancy between this & the usage of the term ignorance. I am in total agreement with you on this.

(3). "Life is school for our very selves." Again I agree. We have a different language style, nonetheless the statements you have echoed in the above two quotes could well have been addressed by me using different terminilogy. None the less, the truth shines.
Lightsun sunny
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's daily   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:09 pm

(4). "...desire to expand our experiences and understanding of the physical world of which we are separate from in our native form." True. I call it a process and journey of self actualization. That is actualizing our gifts.

(5). "...mistakes are perhaps more important than the correct." Once again you are correct. It is the ability to learn that to make mistakes is not the end of the universe. I, unfortunately, grew up with a domineering father, that nothing I did was ever good enough. It is for this distorted reason that I hate mistakes in myself. I literally re-experience PTSD symtoms of the original formative times I grew up, made a mistake and was crucified for it. I still agree with your premise that mistakes are the way to wisdom. From our mistakes we learn and grow. Plus many discoveries are made totally incidentally to the original intent or mission.

(6). "...not to become perfect but to learn how to cope, make the best of, and most importantly live to share the experience." I ironically addressed this very topic above. Yes. How do we survive our traumas? How can we or do we overcome our challenges in life and move on? How do we learn that own individual suffering and most importantly our solutions can be used as a role
model for other individuals to follow in our footsteps? Of course each journey is separate. It is unique and special to the individual in question, nonetheless we can learn to incorporate the solutions of others in our own tool bag of self discovery.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 pm

My heart so full, my soul resounds
The world is not flat, tis round, tis round!
Some kindred souls in you all I have found
You have taken my hand and shown me profound

Tis a sacred special path I walk with thee
No longer do I look and find just me
No more to weep against my tree
My thoughts, my words have been set free!

Birds

PS I did write this one...teehee Laughing
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:45 pm

I think it would be interesting if some of you or all of you added a verse or two, a community poem/story of our shared experience... I love you flower king queen farao sunny jocolor scratch
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:01 pm

Thank-you Lightsun. Thank-you for making me feel so well respected and also for showing me how to start addressing the so many posts that interest me. I am overwhelmed abit, by seeing you draw out the points visually that way it broke my creative wall and now I will relish even more this experience. I am not normally exposed to so many people and thoughts. I am a toddler, eager and fearless but inexperienced.

We are sitting in front of a warm fire, so many of us, with hot toddies of various kinds, with nothing better to do but discuss everything. In my vision of us we are in a room with windows from floor to ceiling, outside the snowflakes are falling heavily and the yellow living room lights relfect the multitudes in a mezmerizing golden flurry. We are all well fed and prepared to tackle the reality of life in a discussion that will last well into the night. At times heated with passionate opinion at others quietly respecful. The aims and heights of humanity ours to record and map...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:06 pm

you have no idea
how "humbling" these shares
truly can become

http://news.google.com/news?q=earthquake+in+northern+california&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla🇩🇪official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&ei=831rS8HAItig_Abf_4C7Bg&sa=X&oi=news_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CA8QsQQwAA

poignant all this rejoicing
one may be too imbecile to comprehend
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:26 pm

In a wierd sort of way it is our rejoicing that carries us through the dissemination and bombardment of the actuality of living.
Thank-you for the link, did they have one a month or so ago? I wonder if these are premonitory or just random...? scratch
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:32 pm

lightsun wrote:
(6). "...not to become perfect but to learn how to cope, make the best of, and most importantly live to share the experience." I ironically addressed this very topic above. Yes. How do we survive our traumas? How can we or do we overcome our challenges in life and move on? How do we learn that own individual suffering and most importantly our solutions can be used as a role model for other individuals to follow in our footsteps? Of course each journey is separate. It is unique and special to the individual in question, nonetheless we can learn to incorporate the solutions of others in our own tool bag of self discovery.
We will never become perfect, but in the attempt, we will become our best selves. Settling for mediocrity or second best is just cheating ourselves and those around us. An erstwhile colleague used this quote in his signature: Aim high. You may not reach the stars, but at least you won't shoot your foot off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:53 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
In a wierd sort of way it is our rejoicing that carries us through the dissemination and bombardment of the actuality of living.
Thank-you for the link, did they have one a month or so ago? I wonder if these are premonitory or just random...? scratch

much of seeming randomness IS premonition. in hindsight only to be recognized as such. and becoming utterly profane.

what would really matter, still largely escapes our notice.

psalm 23, for instance, appears to have outlived its purpose right now.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's daily   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:16 pm

lavender orchid I checked out your site. I live here in Hawaii so I have to be aware of tsunamis, activated by earthquakes all around "The Rim of Fire." I have actually experienced an earthquake here. It was a little unsettling. Prettybirds you are more than welcome. You have a fine intellect & have many truth's to share.

I must confess I have depression. It comes in cycles. I thus correspond infrequently, according to the cycles. I must confess I do not like it. I promised originally 9 quotes. Thus I shall finish addressing them when given the chance from the quirks of fate and time. Plus I will respond more fully to the new shared information.

I respect the feedback given by lavender orchid, Prettybirds, & Romona. I shall respond in more detail when I can.
LightSun Peaceweaver
sunny flower I love you
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's daily   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:37 pm

These quotes are taken from prettybirds in her response to me and as part of my daily sayings. I promised to address 9 original quotes from Prettybirds. I have addressed 6, I shall now endeavor to finish with the original reply.

(7). "...world peace and understanding is not to be had. IMO." This makes me sad. I suppose it is a reflection of my own deep pain as well as hurt. I wonder if I were more healed, would I feel the same? I am a "feeler," and I am emphatic. I suppose realistically there will always be conflict.

It does not make sense to me. Not at all. To me it is insanity. It makes me angry that we can't, if not get along, at least have mutual respect and consideration. It is beyond belief. We are such an irrational rational species. This is why I harp on cognitive thinking as well as emotional intelligence. Start at an early age and we will then reap the benefits.

Again it seems so short sighted. Why are we not more proactive vs. reactive? Because we can only live in the moment? And our pure biological needs override our reason? I don't know. What I do know is that it does not make sense. I know I have talked about it, but everyone seems to be caught up in their own private & independent realities. It is such a crying shame that we repeat the sins and ignorances of our fore-fathers & mothers. Why can't we learn. Each generation has to make it's own mistakes.

(Cool. "This is not to be bemoaned but rejoiced..." Initially I will vehemently disagree. Now I shall seek to understand more of an understanding. What could it mean, the above statement and quote? That we will always have opportunities for growth and new experiences? Please clarify. Because I disagree with this one, but I have an open heart and will listen.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's daily   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:54 pm

Prettybirds wrote:
My heart so full, my soul resounds
The world is not flat, tis round, tis round!
Some kindred souls in you all I have found
You have taken my hand and shown me profound

Tis a sacred special path I walk with thee
No longer do I look and find just me
No more to weep against my tree
My thoughts, my words have been set free!

Birds
This poem is beautiful by the way. Thanks for sharing. This last quote from your original response is also yours.
(9). "...seeds of dissension lies awaiting the rains of change to encourage personal growth..."
I believe this quote may in fact answer my question in response to quote # 8.
That is no matter the conflict, it is always a learning opportunity. What can I learn from this and what can I take away from this to further my own goals and grow as a person? If I have hit the mark then you and I are joined at the hip in full agreement.
LightSun sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:59 pm

I'm sorry if I perplex you with eternal optimism. Disecting the human species and why we are what we are is for some akin to disecting pig fetus in biology, for others a mere mental exercise. I can understand why you would question my feelings over that rejoicing statement. Perhaps it is a bit exhuberant and better explained by stating that it is what it is and so make the best of it coupled with the understanding we are what we are. I feel disgust at tyranny and strive hard to expose theivery. Cultural division and ethical and racial cleansing horrify me and boggle me to the core.
We have very different natures you and I and that is ok. I don't think however it is your misunderstanding of me but perhaps my poor choice of word.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's daily   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:14 pm

Prettybirds would you say you are an optimist? If so then my heart truly does rejoice because we need optimists in the world. More pertinent, I love to be around and be inspired by any optimist I may come into contact with.
Thank you for your forthcoming answers as well as open heart. I like sharing with you. In fact you inspire me as do many here on the forum. Each for individual differences. We are like all facets of a gem hopefully shining beautifully despite the odds. Despite adversity and here to provide moral support, love, and wisdom to and with each other.
Blessings from a friend who admires you and thinks you have much to offer and ponder.
LightSun Peaceweaver sunny
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: LightSun's daily   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:49 pm

January 18
The people we surround ourselves with can help facilitate our journey's or help to forestall us and get us stuck in a seemingly endless quagmire. Until we wake up and realize the truth and discover the truth's that lay deep within our heart and souls. Once we discover ourselves, our true self, then we can pull away from the toxic energy and gravity of others who have cross purposes with us and our journey.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Romana wrote:
We will never become perfect, but in the attempt, we will become our best selves.

I agree. I am an idealist but I live by this code. I do not know a self actualized person, but I know individuals who motivate and inspire me to do more. To be my best.

We need each other to be the best as well as the worst that is possible within us. I choose, best. It is a road less taken but is a very worthwhile journey indeed. I hope to prove worthy. More I hope to be true to myself on my journey, to never lose faith in myself. But realize that all the gifts laden in me are there for a reason. That is to share these gifts with others, as they share their gifts with me. All this so that I may complete my journey, if such a thing is even possible. I hope to be cognizant of my abilities to my last dying breath.
Back to top Go down
lightsun
Ocean crosser
Ocean crosser
lightsun

PostSubject: ightSun's daily   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:01 am

Prettybirds you have much to share. As I said, I admire your writing prowess. I have a writing block and have to be in a right state of mind for me to address topics seriously and to my satisfaction. You have responded in more detail from the original quotes. I will now re-address a couple of points you brought out.

All the quotes are yours again. (1). The first is from your poignant poem. "some kindred souls in you I have found...look and find just me, my thoughts, my words have been set free." I feel much the some way. It is refreshing to find kindred spirits. Too share heart, mind and soul. Our innermost being so to speak.

This honesty of thought & feeling and perceptions as well as both experiences as well as shared wisdom is very powerful indeed. This in addition to critical thinking, questioning, sharing is more than powerful, it is priceless.

(2). "...well-respected and also how to start addressing..." I reiterate, you are more than welcome. I am glad you are here. You bring many interesting points. We learn from each other and develop close bonds and friendships. Such are reassuring in this mad, mad world. A world beautiful to say the least. It goes back to my premise that we are an irrational yet very rational species at the same time.

You had a beautiful and wonderful visualization here. (3). "...all we'll fed...to tackle the reality of life in a discussion that will last well into the night." I have dreamed or thought of meeting you all in my life at least once. I know such is not to be the case, nonetheless it is a beautiful vision and is reassuring. Reassuring that I have friendships and can reach out to people. We are kindred spirit. That is a blessing. Thank you, LightSun sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lightsun's daily sayings   Lightsun's daily sayings - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lightsun's daily sayings
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next