BreakAwayForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BreakAwayForum

Break away from mind confines and be Free to explore yourself and us all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage

The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:04 pm

i can see where we differ mostly, and i41 cannot do much to help; that's a school curriculum for american children. your country seems to have so much more freedom for private initiatives, as opposed to here where bureaucratic strangleholds make people stumble from one failure to the next in their time spent between birth and death.

it should be easy for you to consider this scenario:

an adult person, knowing and having access to each and every possible information that would enable them to get by and even be a good team worker, is simply labeled "unqualified" because of credits never given after them dropping out of high school. that's as good as a "life" sentence meanwhile.

age discrimination here is officially not an issue, but its practice is pandemic.
although long in the official calculations, only now we are told that the booming years are over and employers must sort of re-integrate the elderly. laughable: nothing worse than a bossy and arrogant 30something male whose curricula were tailor-made to suit their instant gratification tastes and highly successful contributions to global failure! creeps riding the invisible high horses and inform the reeling world it has to find out who they are: congratulations, new gods on the block! for such a one i take the collective responsibility, willy nilly and weeping!
The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Cloudpan10bweb1
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:49 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
i can see where we differ mostly, and i41 cannot do much to help; that's a school curriculum for american children. your country seems to have so much more freedom for private initiatives, as opposed to here where bureaucratic strangleholds make people stumble from one failure to the next in their time spent between birth and death.

it should be easy for you to consider this scenario:

an adult person, knowing and having access to each and every possible information that would enable them to get by and even be a good team worker, is simply labeled "unqualified" because of credits never given after them dropping out of high school. that's as good as a "life" sentence meanwhile.

age discrimination here is officially not an issue, but its practice is pandemic.
although long in the official calculations, only now we are told that the booming years are over and employers must sort of re-integrate the elderly. laughable: nothing worse than a bossy and arrogant 30something male whose curricula were tailor-made to suit their instant gratification tastes and highly successful contributions to global failure! creeps riding the invisible high horses and inform the reeling world it has to find out who they are: congratulations, new gods on the block! for such a one i take the collective responsibility, willy nilly and weeping!

Your words bring to mind the wonderful poet we've been interpreting, what a story he has to tell! He did what we all have to do over one thing or another in our life. That is to reach out past our current sphere, and cause an effect, hoping that it will trigger a return trickle of good. By writing in German, he surpasses the limits of his collective peoples and permeated the foreign culture to find the means needed to survive.
Your input, from your position, on the still very young democratic development of the American system could be invaluable. I measure it and find it worth it's weight so far.

I wholeheartedly agree with your view over this elderly issue...greedy bastards will find any way possible to capitalize on average citizens. It is a very complex issue, one the one hand you have older people fighting for recognition, usefulness, on the other hand you have employers and governments who while still preferring a younger work force, would rather have an older person working, making them money, than being retired and costing them money.

"30 something male/female whose....take a look at Mrs. Clinton...very well said!

I know about the scorn regarding public versus life education...let them be. They aren't what they say they are and we are not what they say we are! I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:42 pm

\!!
what day of the week were you born? friday's child? cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kerYclUUH_8
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:36 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
We are by no means free of this in the U.S. It is usually more important to be certifiied than qualified. Sometimes, incompetents with credentials are recognized for what they are and dismissed; too often, they become managers. If anything, this trend has been getting worse over the past 10-15 years. It is one of the numerous problems plaguing education here.

More later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Romana wrote:
lavender orchid wrote:
We are by no means free of this in the U.S. It is usually more important to be certifiied than qualified. Sometimes, incompetents with credentials are recognized for what they are and dismissed; too often, they become managers. If anything, this trend has been getting worse over the past 10-15 years. It is one of the numerous problems plaguing education here.

More later.

ok. I love you The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Black4

managers, you say? no, they became global players with next to zero esprit!
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Below is the link to the website of a community college instructor with interesting ideas on science education. I have not read everything he has written, but agree with what I have read. Astronomy is often the one course that non-science majors will take to fulfill their science requirement. As such, it is often their only, or at least last, exposure to science. Heafner uses this course to teach fundamentals of critical thinking, something no less essential to daily life than to science.

Teaching critical thinking through astronomy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 5:27 am

The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Celtic-bird-1

Romana, thanks!

if critical thinking would only mean fine-tuned experiences, for a brain to be sane, and a mind become kind:
all else could be seen to "follow". instead, we are crude but cannot intrude even this hollow!

sunny
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:23 am

Good morning ladies....

Very cool article Romana. What an absolute pleasure this conversation is between the 3 of us. I can't believe how much I'm learning about the nitty gritty of education reform. Tucks and folds... Smile

scratch study flower elephant
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:37 am

our privacy is gone forever
the climate has changed
says the observed observer
not even his fists clenched
so they're trodding out alien thought
for bored youngsters with care
what's lost cannot be taught
when impatient tempers flare
our privacy may never have gone
and the climate remained alright
were not the private done alone
accepting the general might

Lavender wrote this and I really like it.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:13 pm

i never got a satisfactory answer to my question what thinking really is.
just a productive input into a system, correct in timing and according to demand, or a continued processing of information to better oneself, or: the awareness of one's being as part of a WHOLE and not subject to unsubstantiated "criticism" by "incompatible" thinking?

the demand and supply facticity dominating global thought structures seems to be very unkind to large parts of the population.

Lavender wrote this too and I feel a poem somewhere within her words... flower
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:21 pm

I will not presume to define thinking. It is probably as individual and as personal as love, or deity, or creativity. To me, thinking is mental existence. I am not sure this is equivalent to "cogito, ergo sum". It is not a proof of overall existence, just the manifestation of that existence on one plane. One of my former students (INFP) once asked another student (INTP) whether he ever stopped thinking. The second student and I exchanged a puzzled look. "Stop thinking? I might as well stop breathing, or have my heart stop circulating blood through my system," was our mutual response.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:31 pm

Romana wrote:
I will not presume to define thinking. It is probably as individual and as personal as love, or deity, or creativity. To me, thinking is mental existence. I am not sure this is equivalent to "cogito, ergo sum". It is not a proof of overall existence, just the manifestation of that existence on one plane. One of my former students (INFP) once asked another student (INTP) whether he ever stopped thinking. The second student and I exchanged a puzzled look. "Stop thinking? I might as well stop breathing, or have my heart stop circulating blood through my system," was our mutual response.

if i knew you or had ever met you, "mental existence" as you name it, would be comprehensible in more detail. meanwhile, i have to either wait for more information or ask you to specify. i trust, however, by now that we will get to a very good mutual understanding.

cogito, ergo sum. if you take the ERGO in the widest possible meaning, including the historical contexts, that might be a piece of wisdom.

stop thinking? stop awareness of it. but i have asked many people whose answers seem to prove that they can and do.
Back to top Go down
Prettybirds

Prettybirds

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:59 am

Hi ladies, thinking, I'll take the plunge and put a thought about it on the table.

Thinking is a tool, and what do we do with tools? We use them. I love you Laughing
Back to top Go down
Romana
Community Developer
Community Developer
Romana

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:56 pm

lavender orchid wrote:
if i knew you or had ever met you, "mental existence" as you name it, would be comprehensible in more detail. meanwhile, i have to either wait for more information or ask you to specify. i trust, however, by now that we will get to a very good mutual understanding.
We exist on many levels. The physical level encompasses our physical bodies -- breathing; circulation; nerves, muscles, and skeletons working together to produce motion. The mental level is our thoughts, what goes on "in our heads". I put this in quotes because I am not speaking here (simply) of the physiological workings of the brain, which is part of the physical level. Indeed, both are related in ways we are slowly learning to understand better. But to me, mental existence is what transpires on this mental plane, regardless of its origins or mechanics; regardless even of its quality or purpose. I can have pointless thoughts, disjointed, delusional, mean-spirited, even silly ones, but they are all still thoughts -- mental activity -- thinking. Does this help at all? The idea that someone would wish simply to stop thinking really was a bit disconcerting, so perhaps my perspective on this is odd.

Prettybirds wrote:
Thinking is a tool, and what do we do with tools? We use them
It behooves us also to care well for our tools, to invest time and effort in learning to use them correctly, and to use the right tool for the job. I get annoyed when people speak of a computer or software package not being "user friendly". Sometimes I ask them if they are a friendly user.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:55 pm

good morning, everyone!

i very much appreciate what Romana said in her last post here.
i think in our communications, we must be friendly users demanding user-friendly tools for WORK that's acknowledging worthiness and usefulness of multi-level functioning.

i found a link pertaining to the methodology/content issue that imho has arisen from quantum physics research and was kind of forseen by einstein. that should interest Prettybirds, i hope.

in a supposedly globally connected world, an international, intercultural, multi-lingual and inter-disciplinary conference must be possible for as many participants as care to tune in without fear or intimidation.

i certainly treasure each any any inspiration i could glean from everyone here so far. The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Chay

btw. a childhood memory, on palmsunday, god to tell where this custum originated, the last one in the family to get out of bed was scorned as the palm donkey.
so i'm glad to be out early enough today, see you later. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...   The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics... - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The marriage of quantum physics and meta physics...
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BreakAwayForum :: Daily notes from the Universe-
Jump to: